The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: gull lake  (Read 1094 times)

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
gull lake
« on: Dec 17, 2007, 09:30 AM »
hey guys gotta question for ya.... i found out about gull lake a little late last year and could only make it down there once before the ice was gone and i was wondering, is that a fast freeze or no?
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: gull lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2007, 09:33 AM »
no, it generally isnt a fast freezer due to it being so deep and such a large body of water in Southern MI, Usually it freezes a bit after Gun. I would be if Gun is safe Gull isnt too far behind.

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2007, 10:44 AM »
Yeah...from what I understand...Gull is to Gun what Higgins is to Houghton.  Gun and Houghton will go over and be safe and then about 2 weeks (or so...) after that, Gull and Higgins will go over.

Offline klzeprobe83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2007, 11:51 AM »
I drove by Gun a few days ago and noticed quite a few shanties out, along with the ice boats... Looked pretty solid to me...

Offline BCice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:07 PM »
 The Bay on the south end, right next to M89 is the first to freeze. Quite often it's fishable when the rest of the lake is wide open. That's the good, the bad is access is limited down on that end. I haven't been by there lately so I can't give an ice report. You might call Verns Bait Shop in Battle Creek for one though. 964-2024
Ron

Offline 10FrozenToes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2007, 11:35 PM »
I drive that way every day for work and gull is still open sorry.ther is alot of smaller lake down in that area that all look good. I did say looks good do be safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.