The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Kentsingotn Lake Lookout  (Read 1119 times)

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
Kentsingotn Lake Lookout
« on: Dec 14, 2007, 09:34 PM »
Anyone drive past Kent lake on their way to work down I-96 at all? Is it locked up yet? Planning on getting out there soon. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Don't mean to sound like a troll about this, but I live 45 minutes away from there and would really like to hit this lake first ice. I specifically am targeting the walleye populaiton and would appreciate any info. given. I could trade off with info. around my area if there are any of oyu that fish this area that may happen to drive past the lake or have been on the ice out there this year. I used to work for a plumbing company that worked down in Dearborn and used to drive past it every day, but now I don't get a chance to get out that way.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
Re: Kentsingotn Lake Lookout
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:00 PM »
I'll be driving that route on my way out to the old hometown for the annual family Christmas......I'll make sure I offer up a 60 mph drive by report.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:06 PM »
Thanks, like I say, if you need any info on the ice and lakes around here, just ask. Merry Christmas by the way.

Offline scjustin2002

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Look mom i'm walking on water!!!!"
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:13 PM »
i pass there ever morning on my way to work it was locked up but has alot of snow, didn't see anybodie out there. i don't waste my time with that lake anymore found better.
shaun

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2007, 06:35 AM »
Swampbuckster - my drive by review from the other day showed exactly what Shaun just reported.  A lake that appears to be all locked up but not a soul out.  I even had the kids pulling 'scan the ice' duty!  Not sure if the snow fell and stayed or fell and blew away....

Offline thecanoeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:02 AM »
I saw a couple of fishermen near Turtle head.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2007, 06:47 PM »
Cool. I've been fishing plenty of lakes around here, just want to get some 'eyes out that way. Got 6 1/4 inches on Jolsin, 5 on Green. Snow is tough walking, these warmer days will help pack that snow and melt it down, slush, then refreeze again. Exactly what I wanted.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.