The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Genesee, Oakland County lakes?  (Read 1236 times)

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
Genesee, Oakland County lakes?
« on: Dec 09, 2007, 05:25 PM »
  Has anyone seen or heard anything about any lakes froze completely? Saw two that had open water yesterday.

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Genesee, Oakland County lakes?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2007, 05:43 PM »
if the weather stays like this all week i wouldn't be surprised to see some people out this coming up weekend. Not sure if you will find me out that soon, maybe two weeks. I won't even go out to test the ice until next weekend.

Offline TrekJeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2007, 12:25 AM »
I live within rifle range of Mott Lake and the lake being the way it is, I'll be giving it at least another week, especially with the snow we got today....although the winds may have done a good job keeping it clean, I'll have to take a look at things tomorrow
"For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2007, 11:51 AM »
saw a few out on lake nepessing friday, and the iceriders as well. As well as saturday. I am sure that it is safe but I don't see the need to go swiming this time of year. I'll be heading out this coming weekend for sure.

Offline TrekJeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2007, 04:22 PM »
Mott still needs at least another week
"For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

Offline Crappiekiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:07 PM »
Hey there Splash!  I see your from the creek!  I'm in Lennon.  I heard there  was 5-3" on Lobdell lake.  Not the greatest lake in the world but if you have the itch.  There's ice out there.  Have a good one and go Dragons!!!!!
CK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.