The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: ANYBODY FISHING????OUTTHERE???  (Read 2094 times)

xyooper

ANYBODY FISHING????OUTTHERE???
« on: Dec 15, 2005, 11:26 AM »
HELLO, IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE IS OUT FISHING RIGHT NOW IN SOUTHERN MICHIGAN. ANY IDEAS OR COMMENT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. IM NEW TO SOTHERN MI AND I HAVE NEVER ICE FISHED DOWN HERE. THANKS GUYS..P.S. HOW DO YOU GUYS POST A PIC OF YOURSELF NEXT TO YOUR NAME...I DONT KNOW HOW...THANKS AGAIN :tipup: ??? 8) ;D ;D

Offline bignate

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Drillin and Gillin
Re: ANYBODY FISHING????OUTTHERE???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2005, 11:36 AM »
How far south I live In Gratiot county and they are fishing here, on what water there is but to the east and west they are fishing on 4 to 6 inches of ice.

nate

Offline WntrMrngWood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2005, 11:43 AM »
i live in Kalamazoo, and guys are cautiously fishing.  we had a kid go through the ice on sunday that had to be rescued and the whole 9 yards.  i was out on tuesday.  we had a couple inches of good ice and a couple inches of crap ice on top of it.  we only went out a couple hundred feet.  don't go out alone, and take your spud to check the ice.  Stay safe.  We normally wouldn't be fishing yet anyways.
Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo!!

Offline pollar13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2005, 01:21 PM »
I fished lake lansing yesterday, the ice was real shaky with all this snow, today won't help either.  I was only able to get out where there was little snow, only caght 2 dinks, I couldn't get out past 7 FOW, past that my spud was blowing through on one hit.  where I did fish there was 3-4 inches of ice but the top was crap ice.

Offline Reel Wet Ride

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ft. Myers, Florida!!! WHAT?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2005, 02:30 PM »
Thats the story everywhere from what I've heard. Decent ice in spots, fall through in others. Like WntMrgWood said, normaly we aren't fishing yet anyway, but we've been blessed with a real cold November & December so far. I'm going on Sunday, but with caution and a fishing buddy, just in case.
Falling through the ice means driving home naked!

Offline BCice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2005, 06:18 PM »
 Fishing cautiously is right! A few guys out, but none too far out. Too unsafe for me. Went for a little ride this afternoon. Starting to hit Gull Lake, South Bay only, the rest of it is wide open. A few guys out across the lake from Coldbrook Park. A few close to shore on Sonoma. Some along the hi-way on Graham. Was told some venturing onto Waubascon, too. Lots of bad ice, slush etc.. Use extreme caution!!!!!
Ron

Offline Lobo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hang in There !
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2005, 11:48 AM »
Welcome to Ya !  :)

I am in Greenville, Montcalm Co. I went out checking our local lakes two days ago we had 2" of good Ice and about 1 1/2" of crap ice with slush and snow covering didn't venture out very far but see several places whre people have been fishing allready. I plan to try it tomarrow or Sunday, very cautiously. Snow is putting a lot of weight on the Ice !! If it continues to snow all weekend I will wait awhile.

Allways play it safe and check as you go !!
Ross in Greenville, Mi.

God made the world 3/4 water and 1/4 land. So it's plain that he meant for us to fish 3/4 of the time and work 1/4 !

Offline Part_Time_Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2005, 12:10 PM »
I've just gotten out in the last couple of days. I've been to Girard Lake north of Coldwater and to Long Lake in Hillsdale county. There is anywhere between 3 to 4 inches of ice and the fishings isn't super fast but they are biting. If it doesn't stop snowing we may never get more than 4 inches   :-\

Offline reelbigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just one more and we'll all go home. SE Mi.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2005, 07:48 AM »
Why is it that the best fishing spots are at the far end of the lake from the access?
I got out on Third Lake at Bawbeese on Friday.  4 1/2" of hard ice but the 2' of wet
snow made pulling the shanty a real chore.  Test the ice with a spud cause its
patchy.

Ted
Many men go fishing their entire lives without knowing it's not fish they are after.
Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.