The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Long Lake by Zimmies?  (Read 1689 times)

Offline wohara

• IceShanty Rookie
Long Lake by Zimmies?
« on: Dec 07, 2005, 06:27 PM »
Is Long Lake frozen yet?  I am referring to the Long Lake by Baldwin, Coverdale, etc. off US 12 just southeast of Union, MI.

Offline bronzback

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Long Lake by Zimmies?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2005, 06:47 AM »
I am going to make some calls to people that live on Long and Coverdale and find out hopefully by tonight.  That is where I would like to start fishing this weekend. 

Offline the1jayson

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Holy Crap-E Netman
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2005, 01:31 PM »
Crappie or Gills? Could you inquire of Baldwin as well? I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.............. .good luck fellas

Offline bronzback

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2005, 06:24 AM »
I usually fish for Crappie and Gills, but I would like to try for some Walleye on Long this year.  I haven't called up there yet but I will this week, and if I don't, I'm just going to go up there and try it out!

Offline bronzback

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2005, 08:51 AM »
Went by Long, Coverdale, and Baldwin this morning just to check out if anyone had been out yet.  Coverdale was frozen over, looked like no one had been out on it recently and didn't go check the ice for thickness.  Long lake was frozen over but it didn't look like anyone had been out on it yet.  Baldwin had a small open area on the south end of the lake, but Little Baldwin (by Zimmies), was froze over and looked like some people had been out there whithin the past 24 hours.  Proceed cautiosly, would be my recomendation if you try and get on any of these lakes within the next couple of days.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.