The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: well it has started  (Read 1300 times)

Offline crosscobra

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Give em the beans
well it has started
« on: Oct 18, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Was at grandville gander and they are starting to stock ice stuff. Got shantys and a few jigs and stuff.
"Huddle round the shanty momma, Put a good buzz on!"

Offline JDthree

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: well it has started
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2011, 11:36 PM »
Cabellas dundee is setting up also  ;D

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2011, 05:58 AM »
Bass Pro in Auburn Hills also has all their stuff out.  The shanty display is in the same place but all the gear, rods and augers are now against the back wall to the left of the fly shop.  I was surprised to see this early.....but happy!

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2011, 12:43 PM »
Was at grandville gander and they are starting to stock ice stuff. Got shantys and a few jigs and stuff.

Better buy it now before it sells out and they dont restock it like every year.  ???
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2011, 12:47 PM »
wow still well above freezing up here in canada :'(,I think next month they may start stocking the shelves.

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2011, 07:16 AM »
Better buy it now before it sells out and they dont restock it like every year.  ???
you got that right.. i was there yesterday stocking up on some good jigs  now and a couple more bait pucks.come middle of dec they wont have anything left.

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2011, 10:08 PM »
still stocking the store today.  hoping to see some of the new stuff, but right now they just had the overstock and some discount items.  Did see some fiskas on the shelf.
Not sure if you guys know this, but Grandville bait and tackle it out of business, so im afraid that gettings fresh bait in the area might be more of a challenge this year.  Ive alway liked that place because you could stop in there as early as 5:45 am and he usually had the door open and ready for business.  I remember I droped off an ice auger at 5:00 pm friday and he had it ready for me at 6:00 am the next morning.  Too bad he decided to shut down.

Offline papermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "crappies on ice thats nice"
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Thanks for the info,might go to the mountain this weekend and see what they got.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2011, 06:58 AM »
still stocking the store today.  hoping to see some of the new stuff, but right now they just had the overstock and some discount items.  Did see some fiskas on the shelf.
Not sure if you guys know this, but Grandville bait and tackle it out of business, so im afraid that gettings fresh bait in the area might be more of a challenge this year.  Ive alway liked that place because you could stop in there as early as 5:45 am and he usually had the door open and ready for business.  I remember I droped off an ice auger at 5:00 pm friday and he had it ready for me at 6:00 am the next morning.  Too bad he decided to shut down.

There is still The Outdoorsman in Jenison. And what about that place...I think it's on 36th st. just west of Michael/DeHoop in that little strip mall (if my memory serves me)? And you got Brenners on the north end.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2011, 12:02 PM »
Its making ice in Big Rapids this morning. 30 degrees :>)

Was talking to family in GR and they said it was 28 this morning!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline wyatt_8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2011, 12:22 PM »
I broke ice walking into the duck marsh this morning just south of GR.  There was still ice in the swamp at 10:30 too.   ;D

Offline crosscobra

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Give em the beans
« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2011, 03:05 PM »
How was hunting this morning?

Offline wyatt_8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 2011, 11:18 AM »
How was hunting this morning?

Slow but better than the past two weeks.  Birds have not really come down yet.  Managed a limit's worth yesterday.  Today would have been the same but I brought my 6 year old so I wasn't able to get in quite as much shooting.  Still a good day.  Ice is now gown on the swamps though.

Offline crosscobra

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Give em the beans
« Reply #13 on: Oct 23, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Yeah, I am heading out tuesday morning. Been seeing more flights come down. Hit limit of mallards in the muskegon marsh the other day.

Offline crosscobra

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Give em the beans
« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Hey wyatt Hey bud not sure what you got going on this week, but I norm hunt ducks alone, I have a trained lab and have a few duck spots and tons of fields, but if you want I was planning on hitting one of my duck spots this tuesday in sparta in the am if you want to come?

Offline JRmate22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Oct 24, 2011, 09:29 AM »
Thanks for the info,might go to the mountain this weekend and see what they got.

Was in Lansing Gander last Friday and they were probably 75% stocked, had tip ups half off for 7 bucks. One Saginaw Hwy just off 96.
"He, careful man, there's a beverage here"

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 24, 2011, 12:35 PM »
Have been browsing GR craigslit today and there is a ton of ice fishing gear on. Saw a couple shantys, heaters, rods and reels, jigs, and flashers.
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 24, 2011, 01:21 PM »
SHHHHHHHHH

That reminds me I almost forgot the gas auger I saw too!!  ;D
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN