The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: where to fish in sparta  (Read 1088 times)

Offline iowa-cityboy

• IceShanty Rookie
where to fish in sparta
« on: Dec 30, 2007, 10:52 PM »
I am coning to sparta this weekend for my sons hockey tournament, and wonder if there is any good fishing for eyes, or crappies around there?  Maybe someone from the area would take myself and another hockey parent out for a little while on possibly fri eve and sat afternoon?  I have all the equipment, just don't have any idea where to start up there.  look forward to meeting some of you!

thanks in advance,

larry miller

Offline iowa-cityboy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: where to fish in sparta
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2008, 10:26 AM »
did I say something wrong?  Is there no fish near sparta?  Is anyone from around there?  I can travel a few miles any direction from there.  I do have a decent knowledge of ice fishing and only looking for a direction to start, or a couple of people to practice the zoo-plankton swim.  Lets drill some holes, and ice some fish?????

larry

Offline Big W

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2008, 08:51 PM »
There isn't a whole lot to choose around Sparta.  I would travel the 20 mins to Lake Onalaska, in Onlaska (just north of LaCrosse).  There is good fishing around that area.  You could also travel south on Hwy 27 to Runge Hollow lake.  This is a small lake that has Lg Mouth, and some dandy pike.  Runge is approx 3 miles south of Westby. 

Big W
Big W

Offline iowa-cityboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Thanks big W,  i will be there fri eve and sat afternoon.  Hope to get some iced.  I am thinking that we will go to lacrosse, and fish in that backwater, near the marina, on the east side of town.  That is if my memory serves me correctly. 

Thanks again for the info.  If you see a silver chrysler T/C limited, Bremer county plates(IA), don't be afraid to give a "howdy"

Good fishing!

Larry

Offline iowa-cityboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2008, 11:33 PM »
how much ice do you guys have up there?  we are only sittin on about 8" down here on a good lake.  I still wouldn't drive anywhere on it, anywhere.  Anyone fishing around lacrosse that will spill to an out of towner?  I will be there fri eve, sat afternoon, and the last weekend in jan too!  My son will be playing in the lacrosse winterfest mite hockey tourney.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.