The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: ice fishing yet?  (Read 1967 times)

Offline perchking30

• IceShanty Rookie
ice fishing yet?
« on: Dec 14, 2016, 04:09 PM »
Anyine been out yet? Let's see some pics. I'm goin out tomrw. Crappies. Can't wait

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ice fishing yet?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2016, 05:53 PM »
Anyine been out yet? Let's see some pics. I'm goin out tomrw. Crappies. Can't wait

Where in Wisconsin are you going? I wanted to try to get out this weekend but I have a really busy schedule and there has already been a handful of people that have fallen through. So the boss (wife) isn't to hyped about me getting on the early ice. I'm sure I will be out next weekend for sure though. I have seen on here that some people around the Madison are reporting 3-4" of ice. Anyway, please be safe and good luck. I'm jealous.

Offline perchking30

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2016, 06:34 PM »
Coleman area, only a few lakes up here r ready, was goin to go tonight, but had to get tires for my vehicle. Imma go double check tomrw after work n I'll post.

Offline perchking30

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2016, 06:36 PM »
I think we should put together something for all Wisconsin ice shanty members to get together when ice is a 100 percent ready. I think it would be a great time

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2016, 07:08 PM »
I drilled some test holes today found 4" had to try out my new M-18 Fuel and K-drill. I did not fish though 15 mph wind and 2 degrees out bitter cold.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2016, 08:52 AM »
It will be game on tomorrow. Work sucks!!!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2016, 09:03 PM »
Made it out this evening finally, my first walleye through the ice 21" it's a start.

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2016, 05:13 PM »
And a dandy start it is eriksat1!  Have a good season down there.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2016, 05:43 PM »
Thanks CharlieBrown, how's Alaska been treating you? Good I hope. I never did make it down to Dairyland reservoir yet.

Offline sckoolman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2016, 08:41 AM »
Erik - congrats on the walleye, what a great start!   Just curious how thick the ice was where you were.  I assume we thickened up yesterday a little more.  Thanks.

Offline jrodm13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:05 AM »
Got out in Manitowoc county on Saturday.  Spud kept me out of some trouble where I wanted to go on the lake.  Caught a few gills, nothing noteworthy.  Hopefully my fishing hole has enough ice next time out.  Starting to create some slush on top of the ice with the weight of all the snow.  Could be a long year, mobility wise.  Be safe out there.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:30 AM »
Erik - congrats on the walleye, what a great start!   Just curious how thick the ice was where you were.  I assume we thickened up yesterday a little more.  Thanks.

I was on big LCO one spot had 6" and off about 75 yards over deep water I had 3-1/2" and that was last Friday. I bet there is maybe 5" by now, we had minus -26°f Saturday night and a high of minus -7 yesterday. I might go check this afternoon, might be enough to take the snowmobile on.

Offline perchking30

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2016, 03:05 PM »
Very nice. I'm finally gonna get out tonight. Hope I get some crappies

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2016, 05:33 PM »
got out on Upper Mud in the Madison chain yesterday, Nothing to show for it but made sure all of my gear works and the new auger punches holes (ION X)

Offline perchking30

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 19, 2016, 07:01 PM »
Nice. It always good to have gears working. Lol. I got two crappie and one perch tonight

Offline Madgill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 19, 2016, 07:46 PM »
Now that upper Mud in Madison is a hump! Is it still such a rough walk through the marsh? Now I did that twice 2 years ago and swore I would never do it again! Out of the deep freeze in the morning, and on to the ice, warmer temps ahead, I'll be hittin the Madison lakes tomorrow at the crack of dawn!

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #16 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:21 PM »
Madgill, I will be working on that Bike Path along the tracks tomorrow.  If I see people fishing the hole on Upper Mud, I'm coming over to join you. 

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2016, 07:06 AM »
Now that upper Mud in Madison is a hump! Is it still such a rough walk through the marsh? Now I did that twice 2 years ago and swore I would never do it again! Out of the deep freeze in the morning, and on to the ice, warmer temps ahead, I'll be hittin the Madison lakes tomorrow at the crack of dawn!

The walk is not better than it used to be and it hasn't been worth it last year or this year. I was just hoping that after hardly any pressure on it last year it would have been better this year.

Offline Madgill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 2016, 07:05 PM »
Ha, now they put in bike paths/bridges everywhere here in Madison, but they can't make a clear path down to Mud? Dragging a sled through that boggy marsh is a heart attack waiting to happen for an old timer like me! That's ok, will leave that spot for the young pups! Plenty of other easy access spots to fish. I have been out twice this year and the fishing has been great! Fresh Bluegill fillets for dinner tonight, back at it in the morning!

Offline sturboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2016, 08:42 AM »
Caught two walleyes through about 5" of ice in Sawyer County yesterday. Bigger than Ericsat's, by the way. But only bigger if I put them end to end! :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.