The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Went To Check The Ice Today  (Read 5600 times)

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Re: Went To Check The Ice Today
« Reply #60 on: Dec 07, 2012, 07:15 PM »
I had 19 this morning and it never got above freezing today I think the high was maybe 27, the small lakes I have been checking in the Hayward \ Spooner area that had water on top yesterday were solid ice today. I didn't have time to check ice today but I will bet they are darn close to 4 inches of ice right now, and it is going down to 18 tonight for a low. We should have a good 4 inches before the snow tomorrow night.

Offline tjkpopup

• IceShanty Rookie
  • TjK
« Reply #61 on: Dec 11, 2012, 02:20 PM »
Well the ice is 5" in pockets of the peshtigo river, but where there is current not much at all.  Here is a picture of the Beautiful Lower Peshtigo River, thinking about doing some open water fishing as well, first time ive ever been able to ice fish and open water fish at the same time

https://www.dropbox.com/s/39q2f3yv8jue3jh/20121211_123719.jpg
Ice Fishin Computer Tech

Offline tjkpopup

• IceShanty Rookie
  • TjK
« Reply #62 on: Dec 11, 2012, 02:41 PM »
I Get to ICE FISH!!! about 5" on the peshtigo river pockets, then i checked the lower peshtigo river and is wide open so i can ice fish and open water fish, check out this beautiful picture
Ice Fishin Computer Tech

Offline Smax

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 11, 2012, 02:53 PM »
Nice
GO PACK GO

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #64 on: Dec 12, 2012, 01:17 PM »
Grindstone 3,000 acre, and Lac Courte Orielles 5,000 acre froze over last night, ice as far as the eye can see. Things are starting to shape up real nice. Now if we can get some more cold before the next snow. I got up about 1:30 am last night and had minus -6 F then it clouded up this morning and I had +7 F on my way to work at 7:00 am

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #65 on: Dec 13, 2012, 01:12 PM »
I haven't checked ice on that little lake by my work since last Thursday Dec 6th I had 3 inches, I just got back to see what has been happening with the ice. Yesterday afternoon it was above freezing and most of last night was above freezing, right now it is 40 F. There was slush from shore out to about 30 feet out then no slush out about 50 feet I punched a hole and had 4 inches of ice. So in the last 7 days it made one inch and that was probably from the one night Tuesday night it down below zero -6. At least there was only slush near shore. With not much cold in the near forecast this year could be shaping up to be worse than last year. The most ice we had all last winter was 18 inches. About another week when people start coming up for the holidays I bet a lot of trucks are going to fall through the ice.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #66 on: Dec 14, 2012, 11:34 AM »
It was back down below freezing by 5 pm yesterday and around 20 F all night should have made some more ice last night and froze up the slush.. It's 29 F right now at 11:37 am. The big lakes stayed frozen over so I think they are not going to open up again until April. And as of right now there is no snow what so ever on the big lakes they froze over after we had the snow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.