Author Topic: Walleye Targeters ONLY!!!!!!!  (Read 3975 times)

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Walleye Targeters ONLY!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:04 PM »
I usually take fridays off and head north every week but I might be able to hang around for a few.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:07 PM »
If he didn't know anything about icefishing, that comment right there could perplex a guy.  ;D
;D

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:10 PM »
I mostly use buckshot rattles......when i spot a mark on my screen i lift and drop a few times rapidly to clank the bb' s together then hold steady a moment and set the hook hopefully  ;D
Budweiser pro staff

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:12 PM »
I'll be on Erie Feb. 8th Ice willing.  Went two years ago didn't really know what I was doing tackle or otherwise, caught one walley.  Total of 10 walleye for the 4 of us.  The guide we went with didn't really help all that much.  I've been doing some reading since and i'm really looking forward to going again with a new batch of tackle and techniques. 

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:12 PM »
How about you guys just pm your egos to each other so the rest of of us don't hear.
Egos?
Friday night get togethers usually involved disco shoes, rabbit ears, giant lapeled parkas and gobstoppers but never egos!
You must have missed em.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #35 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:25 PM »
High Tide and Randy discussing the art of turbo jigging on Lake Erie.......

And here are the effects of turbo jigging....(notice the sweatshirt)

Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:42 PM »
High Tide and Randy discussing the art of turbo jigging on Lake Erie.......

(Image removed from quote.)

And here are the effects of turbo jigging....(notice the sweatshirt)

(Image removed from quote.)
Where is the one were I'm thumping my chest!?  ;D Won't be long until we're doing that again! The bay is locked up!! Go Notre Dame!!!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2013, 04:01 AM »
How about you guys just pm your egos to each other so the rest of of us don't hear.

Why would you even make a comment on this thread Thread Rairdog?????All I asked was to give me you're answer on what you do when u call a walleye in,my goodness gracious man,Im sure glad my Bi-Polar medicine has been working,or I'de say something that Im not suppose to,then that dammmmmm Hoosier(JT) would boot me....lol

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 03, 2013, 04:03 AM »
Egos?
Friday night get togethers usually involved disco shoes, rabbit ears, giant lapeled parkas and gobstoppers but never egos!
You must have missed em.

We need to plan one of these again Mark,why dont you set one up and see what kind of responses you get,you know my mach 3 will be there........ ;)

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 03, 2013, 05:09 AM »
Don't worry others,  we can find out all their secrets!  The key is to get our hands on the red cool aid in the picture!  The red cool aid holds all the secrets!  ;D ;D

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 03, 2013, 05:17 AM »
Quote from: Steuben1 li :roflmao:nk=topic=237899.msg2408578#msg2408578 date=1357211354
Don't worry others,  we can find out all their secrets!  The key is to get our hands on the red cool aid in the picture!  The red cool aid holds all the secrets!  ;D ;D

LMAO....others ..k. OB1  :roflmao:
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:23 AM »
I do the same thing I do after I take a leak, I raise 'er up and shake the pss out of it.

Never go back to my original position when working predators. What natural prey swims back to a mouth full of teeth?
Photobucket can suck it

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:24 AM »
     We need to plan one of these again Mark,why dont you set one up and see what kind of responses you get,you know my mach 3 will be there........ ;)
She was darn near locked last night so as soon as she is safe, its on! I will put up a thread and see who bites!

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:31 AM »
I have seen first hand the devastation of Killa's sonic shake combined with his bionic winching. Its scary, and  there should probably be a law against it!
Remember that pic of that eye you sent me two seasons ago? Well, that spot is looking pretty good.....couple more days!

Offline Hog Daddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • old school - the "don't laugh " sled
« Reply #44 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:26 AM »
I've read the comments on this thread with much interest.  Killa's analogy is certainly one I can understand.  He has a way with words.  Thanks fellas.  I haven't specifically targeted walleye during winter and feeling embarrased that I felt compelled to encroach on this thread, however I did go out with HT on a summer time trip where he tried to school me on all the walleye techniques.  Suffice it to say.... at the end of the day after not much luck at a keeper walleye, I tied on my bobby garland electric chicken crappie bait and to HT's dismay, proceeded to catch a 14 inch yellow perch, and a 15 inch walleye shortly thereafter.  Using the HHD shake and bake technique of course.

HHD

Offline fishinmajician

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:42 AM »
The first thing I do is put down my beer,The next thing I do is try to talk the eye into biting and then say a little prayer.If none of these work I might try jigglin my spoon a little bit and drop it to the bottom.If the fish swims away I will blame it on my nephew Mike,take another swig of beer and try again.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:21 AM »
Never go back to my original position when working predators. What natural prey swims back to a mouth full of teeth?

the statement makes a lot of sense.  But... Let's say the walleye has come in.... you have raised him a foot or 2..... and he hangs up, he's not chasing your jig that's now 3 feet above him.  now it is a cat & mouse game.  what are you doing to entice him to strike? 

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:25 AM »
cuss, spit and kick junk!

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:35 AM »
Oh yea, I forgot about that technique!  LOL!

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:51 AM »
Sometimes if I can't get them to take my offering, I reel up and switch to a plain 1/8 or 1/16th oz jig head with a minnow reversed....I've taken them with this when nothing else would do it.

Offline PLake Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 03, 2013, 11:42 AM »
I usually fish two poles a dead stick with just a minnow and a plain hook and a jigging stick next to it. I have found I get nearly as many hits on the dead stick as I do the jigging pole. Maybe I jig so poorly and that's why.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13

Offline iceon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #51 on: Jan 03, 2013, 12:04 PM »
Stop drop stir a little dirt on the bottom. Or eventually find the pattern that is going to cause a bite. The winter slump is when I would like to see walleye caught on Maxinkuckee. Iceon
Iceon

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 03, 2013, 04:08 PM »
LOL, I told you to keep that a secret! Dip a rap in the red sause and watch the sonar light up!!

Jimmy, cough it up... it's your turn!!! Let's hear how you  :icefish:
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline ole green moe

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Offical Member of Fisherman Against Penguins
« Reply #53 on: Jan 03, 2013, 04:12 PM »
LOL, I told you to keep that a secret! Dip a rap in the red sause and watch the sonar light up!!

Jimmy, cough it up... it's your turn!!! Let's hear how you  :icefish:
Amen Jimmy, Start coughin'. lol... :P
Northern Indiana---Where men are men, and Penguins run scared!!!!

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 03, 2013, 05:05 PM »
As soon as I get a Mark on my vex I will instantly pull it at least a foot if not two foot above the mark Im getting,and if the fish continues to come towards my bait,I'll even go further away from the fish,I dont finesse unless I have to,something I learnt many moons ago is if the fish are feeding it dont matter how far you pull it away from em,they will get it if they want it,I like the bait barried in they're mouth,when u finesse fish,75% of the fish will  barely be hooked,those are the ones that you will lose at the hole,try it sometime,it does work fellows,Im no pro by any means but Ive caught a couple walleyes in my day,be safe out there,

Jimmy

Offline GIBBS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 03, 2013, 09:54 PM »
I'm more of a top water kind of guy.Red lipped Hula Popper is my go to. Wait till you can count his teeth then grab em but be careful those things are sharp!  ;D ;D P.S. upon further review there were several nice perch caught today and as many juniors. And there is only one other thing that chases them harder than Jigemup.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:03 PM »
If I had fins I'd chase those eyes out of my way en route to those perch....but I would probably snack on a few toothy's too.  ;)

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 04, 2013, 03:45 AM »
I'm more of a top water kind of guy.Red lipped Hula Popper is my go to. Wait till you can count his teeth then grab em but be careful those things are sharp!  ;D ;D P.S. upon further review there were several nice perch caught today and as many juniors. And there is only one other thing that chases them harder than Jigemup.

Thanx for taking care of Joe yesterday Aaron,he had a blast,I called em at dark and he was still there,he said there was a good evening bite,not long after dark he took off,thx again my friend ;),

Jimmy

Offline icepatrol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:13 AM »
i'm ready for a lesson on iceing some eyes there jimmy, holler when the time is right!

Offline Limit_Out

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go BEARS
« Reply #59 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:31 AM »
I raise it up a foot maybe and try to hold pretty still, then slight twitches.  If that doesn't work then I switch the rod and slowing work something different over them.  I, like AK, do all of this after taking a leak in my pants too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.