Author Topic: Czechland  (Read 3198 times)

Offline ice head

• IceShanty Rookie
Czechland
« on: Dec 05, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Does anyone one know the ice conditions at Czechland?  It seems that it usually has the most ice and it seems to freeze faster than the other lakes around here.  I'm getting anxious and wanting to try somewhere this weekend.  Thanks

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
Re: Czechland
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2007, 07:53 AM »
I wish I knew...funny...I was going on here to post the same thing.  I had a ball last time I went there.  Pulled fish out one after another last year.  I'll be curious to hear what the scoop is.  Everything seems to be up in the air for saturday still.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline jig4crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2007, 09:40 AM »
I'm not guessing more than 1 - 2 inches! I'll go and drills some holes out from the dock and along the south bank this afternoon! This snow really slows things down though, but we've got some really cold days ahead! A few pressure cracks to melt this snow down and we'll be in business! I'll post this afternoon to give an update!

Offline jig4crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2007, 06:50 AM »
Inever made it out to czechland yesterday but I had a friend who did and he said he couldn't even get on the ice! Too slushy and soft at the banks!

Offline seger44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2007, 08:53 PM »
Just wondering if there were any new ice reports on czechland recently?  Thinkin about headin up there this weekend, but don't want to waste a trip if the ice isn't thick enough yet.

Offline ice head

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2007, 09:02 PM »
I checked the ice there on Saturday and most of the lake was snow covered except for part of the south side. I was really disappointed, i drilled a hole and there was not much ice at all, maybe a half an inch.  Looks like the snow is hurting us.

Offline seger44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Well maybe with the weather we are supposed to have the rest of the week, maybe some good ice will start forming.  Might have to travel farther or just wait longer!

Offline Hawken

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:40 PM »
Anyone checked it yet would like to head there tomm any info on the ice!!

Offline Sorny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2007, 09:40 AM »
Anyone been out here?  Hows the fishing going.  Looking to make a quick trip this weekend some where and Czechland came up in the conversation.  Thanks for the report.
Sorny

Offline jig4crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Czechland had 9 inches of good solid ice last night! We fished all over from around 5-10pm and iced around 50 crappie, only problem was they were all only 5-9 inches with only one fish going 10 inches! The fastest fishing was on the south side in 20 ft. of water! Up until the last couple of years the crappie averaged 10 inches, I was really shocked, too many small fish! Now this was just crappie, I don't know about the other species! Let me know if anyone finds some nice crappie out there and I'll do the same! Good luck!

Offline ice head

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2007, 07:13 PM »
I fished Czechland on christmas day and slaughtered the crappie, we lost count after a while and most of the fish were just at 10 inches and up to 11 inches, only a few smaller, had a lot of keepers.  also didn't do too bad on the gills, most of them were pretty nice.  i'll be out there most of the day saturday and sunday.  might have to put some tip-ups out for catfish, caught some nice ones there last year.  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline camps764

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2008, 01:20 PM »
where is this place at?

Offline ice head

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2008, 02:22 PM »
It's in Saunders County, just north of Prague, which is about 8 miles north of hwy 92 on hwy 79.

Offline camps764

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2008, 02:54 PM »
Thanks! Been out there recently?  wondering if it's any good right now.

Offline ice head

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Fished there last saturday, sunday and new years eve and did pretty good but not nearly as good as christmas weekend.  its been getting fished pretty heavily lately which might have some effect on the fishing.  During the morning and afternoon i caught a lot of nice gills with an occasinal crappie mixed in.  then right before sundown the crappie bite picked up and caught a lot of crappie that were suspended.  it seems like the last couple of times the night bite has gotten slower and slower.  Good luck!

Offline Sorny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:42 PM »
any new reports?  Thinking about giving it a try this weekend

thankyou
Sorny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.