Author Topic: Whitney Advice?  (Read 589 times)

Offline Fishingnerd33

• Team IceShanty Regular
Whitney Advice?
« on: Feb 03, 2011, 12:18 PM »
My wife and I are going to give Whitney a shot this weekend, probably Sunday afternoon/evening.  Never ice fished it before, didn't know if anyone has heard a report or is willing to give some advice on the lake.  Ideally we'd like to get our first walleye under the ice, but would be happy to catch anything that's willing to bite. 

Any and all advice would be appreciated!

Offline eagle66

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Whitney Advice?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2011, 10:17 PM »
In 2002 and 2003, I went to the point right after the dam on the east side, kinda out in the weeds in about 6 ft. of water and usually caught some nice ones there.  I was there about a month ago and a friend took me to the far north west corner for a little night fishing. NO LUck,  but haven't heard anything lately.   Good Luck

Offline NE_Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2011, 11:37 PM »
Went out last sunday evening ahead of/during the cold front moving through.  No flags. No bites. Didn't mark any fish.  On the plus side, there was 12" of ice out to the submerged points even before the subzero week we just had. Good luck. The dead sea has its moments---just have to be there when she starts coughing up her fisho ;D

Offline Fishingnerd33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2011, 12:28 AM »
Thanks for the advice all, hopefully we will be there at the right time.  May check it out quickly on Friday and see if we're going there or Box Butte.

If not this weekend, we'll hopefully have enough ice for a few more weeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.