New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Youth Fishing Derby on Onondoga Lake  (Read 666 times)

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
Youth Fishing Derby on Onondoga Lake
« on: Jul 13, 2006, 07:35 AM »
Hi Everyone!

It is time again for our 2nd Annual Onondaga Lake Bass Derby also know as the Allen Fannin Memorial Fishing Derby.

Last years derby was a huge success and we are hoping that this year will be the same.  In the year since our last derby the New York State membership in Teen Anglers has more than doubled, making Allen's dream of Teen Anglers taking hold in New York come true.

This years derby will be on July 22nd from 8:00am till 3:00pm and is open to kids from ages 1-17 years old.  There will be plenty of trophies and prizes for all.  The entry fee is $6 and that includes a snack and a lunch. Al Bernetti the National Director of Teen Anglers will be here from Florida to attend the event.  This year we have something extra special.  We have 30 rod & reel spinning combos that have been graciously donated by the Shakespeare Company.  The first 30 kids who register for the derby will receive one of these combos. 

Thank you for your time.  I hope you can help or bring lots of kids and come fish with us.  If you have any questions you can call me at 315-465-6543 evenings or drop me an e-mail at [email protected] .  I look forward to fishing with all of you.

You must pre-register for this event.  If you would like to register your child please call me at the number listed above.

Tight Lines
Joe

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
Re: Youth Fishing Derby on Onondoga Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2006, 02:33 PM »
BUMP!!

One week left to register ;D

I still have some of the free spinning rod and reel combos for first 30 kids who register.  They are beauties ;D

Offline Dr. BlueGill

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • November 18, 2008
Re: Youth Fishing Derby on Onondoga Lake
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2006, 01:32 PM »
He he  How does a one year old reel in a fish?  Just kidding.  Good work Ranger.
Next year let me know when you are doing this and we can set-up some kind of online registration system for you......Rob
Rob Taylor

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.