New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Zebra Mussels!  (Read 1011 times)

Offline MuskyHunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Time to play the game!"
Zebra Mussels!
« on: Mar 20, 2006, 07:10 AM »
 A ?? about zebra mussels...I know that Canadarago is now loaded with them, will they eventually ruin this lake for fishing? I guess there is no way to get rid of them? Hmm..maybe we could get some Lion and Tiger mussels to combat the zebra mussels? LOL... ::) :o ;D
Eddie D.      NYRC member 

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Zebra Mussels!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2006, 07:22 AM »
A ?? about zebra mussels...I know that Canadarago is now loaded with them, will they eventually ruin this lake for fishing? I guess there is no way to get rid of them? Hmm..maybe we could get some Lion and Tiger mussels to combat the zebra mussels? LOL... ::) :o ;D

I think "ruined" is the wrong word choice...I now in the St Lawrence River/Lake Ontario area, that "tactics" have had to be changed..but it's far from being a ruined fishery..in some ways it's better, in some ways it's worse.

Will send you a pm as soon as I post this message...just some inside predictions...Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline sunshine

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Zebra Mussels!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2006, 08:48 AM »
Zebra mussels have not hurt the walleye population in Oneida Lake if the last three years are any indication. The water is certainly more clear and you may have to modify your fishing methods because of that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.