The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Nasons beach  (Read 7620 times)

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Nasons beach
« Reply #30 on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:57 PM »
could wait a couple weeks  ??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( and im not cryin for me its the people im trying so hard to help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How much is the entry fee????     I'm willing to send in the money & not fish; It is a wonderful cause!....You're right; (Bad timing / Good cause)......I challenge others to do the same.......LL
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 31, 2009, 05:05 PM »
What do they do for all the other tournys?I went to the one in Grey and drove the weeler all the way across the lake at the one 2 years ago.There is public access to the lake its not like you cant go on there  ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 31, 2009, 05:10 PM »
    How much is the entry fee????     I'm willing to send in the money & not fish; It is a wonderful cause!....You're right; (Bad timing / Good cause)......I challenge others to do the same.......LL
Thats what I did LOU. Maybe more will do the same. I tried to get on at Nasons the other day and I could not see a goood place to try and no one was there. Very narrow rd. and no place to park. How they have done it befor puzzels me.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline its_porkchop

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 31, 2009, 05:29 PM »
Livinbass, do you own the Nason's Beach property pictured below?

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:06 PM »
Where would one park? It now has snow banks. I don,t see how it was ever used.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #35 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:14 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I know you where talking about it last year. To bad a few bad seeds have to ruin it for almost everybody  ;D

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:21 PM »
I do not see how someone can stop people parking if there is a public road way. Your taxes go to maintain the road, therefore in a sense everyone owns a share of the road...that includes enough room to pull your truck off. The problem exists with privately maintained roads and private lands.

Offline j00fek

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me
« Reply #37 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:26 PM »
A guy from NH allso put on here last year that people arn"t going to be able to park on Sandborn road he owns a camp there or the dirt rd on the North side of the lake.There may be allot of towing bills  8) The only other place is the boat launch in sabattus

you cant post a public rd it is plowed by the city i think

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:27 PM »
I do not see how someone can stop people parking if there is a public road way. Your taxes go to maintain the road, therefore in a sense everyone owns a share of the road...that includes enough room to pull your truck off. The problem exists with privately maintained roads and private lands.
I dont think there stopping anyone from parking on the road, it sounds like there stopping them from enetering through the beach, which also sounds like semi-private land, I dont blame him one bit, I'd do the same thing.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:30 PM »
  You tried parking between Upper & Lower Narrows lately????.......Unless things have changed/ The landowners are still in charge of where you can park on that public roadway.......How about @ Buker????.......That's how the Anti's limit fishing!!!  Take away ACCESS!!!!.......They have even done it on Route 133 in Wayne.(@ the launch)......Sign of the times........LL

Offline sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
« Reply #40 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:46 PM »
I dont think there stopping anyone from parking on the road, it sounds like there stopping them from enetering from the beach, which also sound like semi-private land. I dont blame him one bit, I'd do the same thing.

I believe it is called nasons rock association and all the people have to put dues in for the land. It is owned by the home owners that live there and if they all agree to post nasons beach then there is nothing me you or anybody can do except for them.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:15 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=124137.0

Offline JDN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JHM
« Reply #42 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:37 PM »
Last year the ice after the tournament was a mess.What happened to the game wardens??You think they would have knuckled a few of the slobs?? ??? ???I think that would have went a long way with the land owners??Its just a thought.

Offline barkspud

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Real fisherman take children fishing
« Reply #43 on: Dec 31, 2009, 08:04 PM »
 There probablly wasn,t any reports of littering. Did the wardens even make a showing at all last year. If they do this year have them come back around later in day when everyone is drunk and their crap is all over the ice. That should give him a chance to write some tickets. With only one way on and off the pond should make there job easier.
DUDE THAT'S A NICE FISH CAN I USE IT FOR BAIT?     

Fish stories limited too 40'' or 40 minutes wich ever comes first.

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 31, 2009, 08:07 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=124137.0
    Thanks Tim, gonna go to Stones & sign up before the derby. ;)      LL

Offline Corso

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 01, 2010, 05:40 AM »
There probablly wasn,t any reports of littering. Did the wardens even make a showing at all last year. If they do this year have them come back around later in day when everyone is drunk and their crap is all over the ice. That should give him a chance to write some tickets. With only one way on and off the pond should make there job easier.

Great Idea...perhaps the wardens should set up at said....posted spot....and wait for people there  ::)

Offline ***WaterWolf***

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 01, 2010, 06:44 AM »
After everything I saw out there last year I am not surprised that this is happening.  Some people (not all) just don't respect other peoples property or the environment and that ruins it for everyone else.   :'(

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:46 AM »
you cant post a public rd it is plowed by the city i think
Im not posting a public rd its were everyone drives on and off the ice and the sign on that side off the road says no parking if you read it its just not enforced by the law.I own the right ofway there allong with all the other people ive spoken to over the summer and we are all in agreement with it.

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:50 AM »
Ive allso had allot of pms and i want everyone to understand its not the people on IS

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #49 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:51 AM »
Ive allso had allot of pms and i want everyone to understand its not the people on IS

on the same note the members of IS know the problems you have had to deal with down there and understand whats going on. hope it gets bettwer for you and the other landowners...ill ss ya on the ice!  ;)

Offline ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:55 AM »

Why not fish ?

Offline ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:59 AM »
That will tempt a lot more people to drive out onto the ice...hope it's safe enough.  I wish I could go out and support the cause and maybe win a prize, but that place is going to be an absolute cluster.  Not sure if it will be worth the headache.

Worth the Headache??? 

It wont be any worse than any other Derby  Thats part of the fun for me 

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #52 on: Jan 01, 2010, 09:02 AM »
i agree J...derby fishing isnt all about fishing...its about getting together with friends and supporting a good cause  . Team Maine is great for this... look at the turnout each year at horne pond. i look forward to seeing just how many people we can fit on this pond ! every person is a stepping stone to a cure!!

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Jan 01, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Why not fish ?
    Just think that Sabattus needs a break; Been overfished for several years.....And have never fished a Derby......I did fish Bass tourneys for years/ because I feel strongly about "CATCH & RELEASE"......And last but not least;Too many fish being killed/ (Most going to Waste).To support our addiction!.....Just MHO --- It Hopefully will be a good fund raiser for a terrific cause?......LL

Offline ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 01, 2010, 10:48 AM »
    Just think that Sabattus needs a break;(Image removed from quote.) Been overfished for several years.....And have never fished a Derby......I did fish Bass tourneys for years/ because I feel strongly about "CATCH & RELEASE"......And last but not least;Too many fish being killed/ (Most going to Waste).To support our addiction!.....Just MHO --- It Hopefully will be a good fund raiser for a terrific cause?......LL

every person is a stepping stone to a cure!!
You got that right Scotty !!

Just so everyone knows im only catch and release as i don't eat Fresh water fish ( except Crappie )  i was taught as a child that if you don't eat it don't kill it !!!
I too am a Bass  Turny Angler  and if i could figure out a way to do a C&L Ice Derby i would  ! This is the exact reason I'm not doing a fish pool and the Info / Rules Sheet that im handing out Will encourage the release for all fish that don't have a chance to win !

I going to do everything in my power to keep everyone informed as to the weights of the top 3 fish !

Scotty is right  Horne pond is a zoo and that's what makes it so much fun !! i look forward to going every year not because i think im going to win but because of the adventure and if you've been you know what im talking about ;D

Offline JimP

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Moosehead Lake 2008
« Reply #55 on: Jan 01, 2010, 12:44 PM »
Lou, I agree with you and will buy an entry and not fish. Having cancer touch a very dear friendly recently I am really glad folks are stepping up to raise money but I am very conflicted about putting more pressure on Sabattus no matter how worthy the cause. Lou has found a way to support both causes without going against my personal beliefs.

every person is a stepping stone to a cure!!

Can't be said any better....

Offline j00fek

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me
« Reply #56 on: Jan 01, 2010, 12:53 PM »
Im not posting a public rd its were everyone drives on and off the ice and the sign on that side off the road says no parking if you read it its just not enforced by the law.I own the right ofway there allong with all the other people ive spoken to over the summer and we are all in agreement with it.

i know nasons beach isnt, i was talking about sanbourn rd. you need to be deeded to nasons if you live on the pond as my brother is

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #57 on: Jan 01, 2010, 01:33 PM »
If we get the snow they are predicting from this storm it will slush up and refreeze by the 16th giving us an extra 6-8 inches of white ice on top . I think the lake will be a great parking lot and hope for a great turnout .   Lets all go fight the crowds have fun and support the cause and all the work going into this thing  ;D ;D ;D     Thanks Jay for all your hard work and what I'm sure will be a fun day on the ice ....      You don't have to fish just come and do the rounds and meat a bunch of great IS members .  Maybe you could even help out I'm sure jay and the gang could find something for you to do .      SEE you all on the ice !!!!

Offline JDN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JHM
« Reply #58 on: Jan 01, 2010, 01:56 PM »
Yep the natives are restless!!! :o :o

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #59 on: Jan 01, 2010, 03:06 PM »
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!