The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Nasons beach  (Read 7630 times)

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nasons beach
« on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:59 AM »
will be posted no trespassing before this weekend i just have a few more land owners and right of way guys to talk to ;)

Offline tcushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Nasons beach
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:13 AM »
will be posted no trespassing before this weekend i just have a few more land owners and right of way guys to talk to ;)
???????
Todd L Cushman Sr

" the green hornet has caught more fish then you have lied about gustofson!!!!"

Offline Redflyfishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:28 AM »
What are u talkin about........????????????????

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:32 AM »
What are u talkin about........????????????????
Its at Sabattus lake a private way on to the lake that allot of people use and abuse i watched a guy get stuck the other day and just keep hammering his tuck to get out off the lake and im sick of fixing the dam thing every year  :'( Sorry i should have put alittle more in my post

Offline tcushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:41 AM »
Its at Sabattus lake a private way on to the lake that allot of people use and abuse i watched a guy get stuck the other day and just keep hammering his tuck to get out off the lake and im sick of fixing the dam thing every year  :'( Sorry i should have put alittle more in my post
oh ok....
Todd L Cushman Sr

" the green hornet has caught more fish then you have lied about gustofson!!!!"

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:45 AM »
A guy from NH allso put on here last year that people arn"t going to be able to park on Sandborn road he owns a camp there or the dirt rd on the North side of the lake.There may be allot of towing bills  8) The only other place is the boat launch in sabattus

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:57 AM »
A guy from NH allso put on here last year that people arn"t going to be able to park on Sandborn road he owns a camp there or the dirt rd on the North side of the lake.There may be allot of towing bills  8) The only other place is the boat launch in sabattus
     We are our worst enemies!....The FEW, ruin it for the others! :whistle:....Guess it's time to "Pay the Piper"????      WHAT'S NEW????    LL
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Offline MaineFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:58 AM »
Is there any other walk on access on Sabattus? I was looking to fish it this year but understand the landing and the good fishing are at two different ends. Thanks.

Offline LostOne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Here fishy, fishy, fishy...any second now."
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2009, 08:16 AM »
Last year there was a road plowed out to a little shanty town...can someone tell me how that relates to the boat launch, and will the boat launch be the only public access?  It is too bad people aren't naturally respectful, it certainly ruins it for the one that makes the effort. >:(     Thanks, Liam
I fish.                                                         

Offline LittleMac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2009, 08:36 AM »
This may not be a bad thing. It may clean up this lake a little and may also be less crowded. Who knows though.

Offline JimP

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Moosehead Lake 2008
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2009, 08:44 AM »
I wish they would close the boat launch parking area (town owned) to just residents...

Offline redbandit850

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2009, 09:03 AM »
I have no problem with never fishing this lake again.

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2009, 09:21 AM »
Is there any other walk on access on Sabattus? I was looking to fish it this year but understand the landing and the good fishing are at two different ends. Thanks.
The walk to the north end from the launch is along ways if you can find a camp owner that will let you park would be ur best bet.

Offline Westerly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formerly bbpinecone
« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2009, 09:23 AM »
People who destroy and abuse other people's property are slobs, and there is no excuse for it.  Having said that, I would think if somebody's property was really being trashed year after year they would already have posted it themselves.  I rarely fish there, and wouldn't particularly care if you circled that whole smelly green mudhole with chain link and barbed wire, but bravo for taking it upon yourself to limit access for folks who do like to fish there.      

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2009, 09:38 AM »
People who destroy and abuse other people's property are slobs, and there is no excuse for it.  Having said that, I would think if somebody's property was really being trashed year after year they would already have posted it themselves.  I rarely fish there, and wouldn't particularly care if you circled that whole smelly green mudhole with chain link and barbed wire, but bravo for taking it upon yourself to limit access for folks who do like to fish there.      
Limit access they have a public launch why do they need to keep screwing up my stuff and why should i stand for it?I was considerate to the people who like to fish there and most of the guys on IS can park at my place.So yes i will take it upon my self to do what i feel is right to protect my property and the others that own it as well.If people wer'nt such PIGS i wouldnt of ever done this.Its all about respect and thats the bottom line  8)

Offline JustForTheHalibut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2009, 09:39 AM »
Hey dont hurt my feelsing any. If people want to be ignorant and tear be upland and inconsiderent then i say take it away and maybe they'll learn a little respect.
you gotta hook em to cook em

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 31, 2009, 10:22 AM »
I tried getting on the Marrs point road on the north end of the lake. The president of the road comittee said all vehicle will be towed if parked on the side of the road. I parked there all last year with no problem, but he said the were sick of fixing the road every year.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline McIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a Kid FISHING!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 31, 2009, 10:30 AM »
Is Nason's Beach at the south end of the lake, right where Rt 126 passes?
I wasn't running the net!                  :icefish:

Offline Redflyfishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 31, 2009, 10:47 AM »
The walk to the north end from the launch is along ways if you can find a camp owner that will let you park would be ur best bet.

Well that is bullcrap alot of poeople arent goin to be happy....Not Glad to hear

Offline Redflyfishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2009, 10:49 AM »

Well that is bull**censored** alot of poeople arent goin to be happy....Not Glad to hear
That was great spot>>>>>

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2009, 10:51 AM »
maybe the guys renting shacks will open up a parking lot and charge for that too. Never fished it and don't think I will miss it much.

Offline Corso

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:19 PM »

I agree
bass...if you need any more support...look me up...ill be on a COLDWATER fishery!

Offline savage

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2009, 03:21 PM »
livinbass, you driving a plow truck that day you saw those idiots get stuck???

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2009, 03:46 PM »
I wish they would close the boat launch parking area (town owned) to just residents...
   Jim, that might not be as far away as you think????     What do you think is going to happen when 100 to 200 vehicles try to get on at Martins Point????(For these derbys)......The residents are gonna get together & possibly get the road posted (no Parking)......But we won't have to worry;Cause the State will come to our rescue ::).... :unsure:They are so...LOOKING out, for the Sportsman. ::) :whistle:.....This might be the best thing that could happen to the pd.????      Nature has a way of taking care of itself;Without humans intervening......LL
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live on for those that have been lost.
« Reply #24 on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:07 PM »
  Such is the Status of Sabattus which now will have no access, everyone will flock to green bridge in Turner. Close locations to Lewiston/Auburn metro area widely advertised over the internet, just basic math skills will lead you to the ultimate conclusion. Get outta town homeys and fish like a man, away from the herds of sheep. :wacko: :wacko:

Offline barkspud

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Real fisherman take children fishing
« Reply #25 on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:10 PM »
Hey dont hurt my feelsing any. If people want to be ignorant and tear be upland and inconsiderent then i say take it away and maybe they'll learn a little respect.
  Nope, Don't think so, They will just go to a different lake and do the same thing.  the only way to slow them up is catch them in the act and call authorities and not leave it for the next guy to do.
DUDE THAT'S A NICE FISH CAN I USE IT FOR BAIT?     

Fish stories limited too 40'' or 40 minutes wich ever comes first.

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:18 PM »
livinbass, you driving a plow truck that day you saw those idiots get stuck???
No i was on the lake and i was heading up there but i wasnt in time i didnt have my weeler but oh well next time.I realy dont like doing this and the other land owners dont either.

Offline ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:40 PM »
could wait a couple weeks  ???

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #28 on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:52 PM »
could wait a couple weeks  ??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( and im not cryin for me its the people im trying so hard to help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, where's everyone going to park??
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline TommyT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 31, 2009, 04:56 PM »
Yea, where's everyone going to park??
That will tempt a lot more people to drive out onto the ice...hope it's safe enough.  I wish I could go out and support the cause and maybe win a prize, but that place is going to be an absolute cluster.  Not sure if it will be worth the headache.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.