Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: bussey lake  (Read 3183 times)

Offline reit38

• IceShanty Rookie
bussey lake
« on: Dec 27, 2009, 07:15 PM »
Monday afternoon i will be heading to Bussey lake to try my luck. anyone been out there after the storm? will post Tuesday night when i return on how i did

Offline crappie29

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: bussey lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2009, 08:15 PM »
where is bussey lake at?

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2009, 08:19 PM »
Guttenburg pool 11

Offline reit38

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2010, 12:13 PM »
headin back up this weekend. last time it was a bust. seen lots of fish on the camera but nothin was bitin...
 heard northerns were hittin on tipups early in the week. anyone heard anything about bussey lately?

Offline reit38

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:58 PM »
6 of us fished from 9 till dark and only managed 16 gills 1 crappie and 2 northerns on tipups. Seen lots if gills on the cameras but weren't havin nothin to do wit baits. Might try again in the morning.

Offline jimbo72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:32 PM »
My dad and I hit Bussey on Saturday too.  It was terrible.  We caught 3 dinks in four hours of fishing.

Offline reit38

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2010, 10:05 PM »
atleast we werent the only ones that didnt do the hottest. we were to the south with a black frabill tent and a clam flip over

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:49 AM »
Whe you sayyou s bluglls would you say you saw keeper size or small or large blugills. I live maybe 300 miles west of Bussey so I aint coming, but I am sure some guys closer would like to know. Plus, I`m always curious about what I can learn frm situations I am not drectly involved in. Thanks
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline reit38

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:10 AM »
they looked decent sized. its kind ohard for me to tell on the camera tho. i just got it a few weeks ago ant its only the second time i used it. i never pulled any out from in front of it

Offline reit38

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2010, 09:33 PM »
heard bussey got alot of water this past flood. hoping this wont affect fall bite. had alot of moss growin last time i was up there few months ago should of held alot of fish over the summer

Offline graybeard1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 07, 2010, 11:32 AM »
I've never fished it yet, but I'm gonna try to make it up there this winter.

Offline Yopy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2010, 10:49 AM »
if you are able to find the trenched out cuts they did years ago you will most likely hit them good. On some days you have to do alot of moving around constantly when the bites slow. One of my  favorite places to fish though, went there alot with my dad and brother growing up.

heres a topographic depth map, http://www.iowadnr.gov/fish/fishing/miss/Bussey.pdf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.