Author Topic: What a beautiful site!!!  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What a beautiful site!!!
« on: Oct 28, 2005, 07:14 AM »
I hope they are right for once.  This is from Accuweather for the next 3 months.

Bring it on.  ;D
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
Re: What a beautiful site!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2005, 07:17 AM »
Aw man, that is a beautiful sight :thumbsup:
      Jim

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2005, 07:26 AM »
THAT SUCKS!!!!! iM IN THE MILDER THAN NORMAL!!! >:(  Thanks for ruining my day. Thats worse than taking down my treestand.

stump >:( >:(

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2005, 07:46 AM »
This was the same weather pattern that set up a few years ago.  I believe in 2002.  The east had ice while the upper mid west was still waiting for the lakes to freeze and we fished well into early Arpril.  That was the year I measured 20+ inches, which is alot of ice for central PA. 

Offline thor94

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2005, 07:50 AM »
I hope that's true for us in the Northeast, would love to be out before xmas.  I would feel bad for our comrades in the "above normal" area, nothing more depressing that a 40 degree day in january.

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2005, 08:13 AM »
I hope it true.  I got my Trap guide out of the shed yesterday
and checked the canvas . Everything was ok, the moth balls
and irish spring soap kept the critters away. Now all I have to
do is wait for the ice.

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2005, 08:27 AM »
AWESOME!!!  I think it was 2002 when we had the great ice on Erie all the way into March.  I've saved my vacation up for the month of November to  hunt hard.  Hopefully the tags will be filled by the time the hardwater hits so there won't be any decisions to make......bowhunt or hit the ice.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I caught you a delicious pike
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2005, 11:30 AM »
AWESOME.

Site?=Sight?

Do the leaves of trees stay greener, in the autumn, does the colour of the sun, turn crimson white? Does a shadow come between us, in the winter?

Offline fhsww48

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Yeeeee Haaaaaaa!   I am smack dab dead center on that map. I got lots to do. My new Fish Trap Pro needs assembled. Put new #30 dacron on the tip-ups. Need fresh #2 on the little jiggers. Sharpen the Mora. Sharpen the Jiffy. Rig tip-up leaders. Test fly the lantern and heater. Lay in a supply of propane. Well better get busy

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2005, 01:47 PM »
WWWHHHHHAHAAAAAAAAAYYY YYYYYYYYYYHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :wacko:

I'm just BARELY normal!!!  I want COLD!!!  I want a change in prediction!!! I want I want I want!!!  ;D

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2005, 02:56 PM »
HOT DOG!!!  Maybe icefishing on Christmas day in CNY?!!

Offline The Clam

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • icin' eyes
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2005, 04:35 PM »
Yeah 2oo2 all over...we were on 18" of ice, shirtless, in central NY on a 70 degree day in early March.  Best sunburn I've ever had.  Let's do it again.
Fish may be stupid but I've never seen a perch sitting in a boat with a second degree sun burn trying to catch a man.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2005, 06:48 PM »
I hear ya clam, I went icefishing last march and ended up with a nasty sunburn to the face. I was morning from spot to spot on the lake so I also got windburn on top of it. The combination was sure painfull and actually caused the tip of my nose and ears to swell.
:wacko:

WW

Offline AD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2005, 10:48 PM »
I sure hope thats right, down where I am we need  this cold weather, or some rain, either way. Just so long as it doesnt get too warm again.     
It doesn't matter if you didn't catch anything as long as you had fun.

Offline Kodiakman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start everyday as if it has a purpose.
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29, 2005, 06:17 AM »
THAT SUCKS!!!!! iM IN THE MILDER THAN NORMAL!!! >:(  Thanks for ruining my day. Thats worse than taking down my treestand.

stump >:( >:(

I hear ya Stumper...That kinda sucks for us in the Western states. :-\ Oh well, what can ya do....I was planning on building a portable shack this year, I wonder if I can fit it with some pontoons.

MikeThePike

« Reply #15 on: Oct 30, 2005, 12:31 AM »
I love that prediction. Hopefully I'll make it out by mid December.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 31, 2005, 07:35 AM »
Well they may have missed the boat on this one.  I looked at the 15 day forecast for central PA and we are to have highs in the 50's and 60's and lows in the forties through November 13th.  This sucks.   >:(

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #17 on: Oct 31, 2005, 09:45 AM »
 :'(  It just keeps getting worse  :'(

-Scott
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 31, 2005, 10:20 AM »
It is getting worse.  I usually will check the extended forecast for points North and West to see if any strong cold fronts from Canada are heading towards PA.  Even International Falls, MN has forecasted highs in the 40's and 50's the next couple weeks.   :'(

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #19 on: Oct 31, 2005, 10:52 AM »
Indian Summer is officially here :-\

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #20 on: Oct 31, 2005, 10:58 AM »
deer hunting or ice fising ??? ??? ???

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Oct 31, 2005, 09:06 PM »
its been abnormally warm here in n.maine also. low 50's during the day. walked by a beaver dam deer hunting this a.m. and heard a frog croak. went back to the truck and had a mosquito flying around me! those were firsts for me for this time of year. saw a program on discovery channel that said if we stay on our current warming trend mass. will have virginias weather by 2100!! very disturbing.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 03, 2005, 02:39 PM »

I don't know whether to believe them or not. :-\

Time Running Out, Winter Is Coming!
Thursday, November 03, 2005 2:40 PM EDT More News

If you live in a location that has been having warm weather lately, get ready for a whopper of a change. A big shift in the jet stream is not far down the road. Whether that will take place ten, fifteen or twenty days from now is not clear, but it will happen. When it does, a large section of the country will be thrust into the deep freeze. That will come as quite a shock, especially to those that have been enjoying 60-, 70- and even 80-degree weather lately. On the graphics in front of you, the jet stream is portrayed as a huge dam. Currently, the flow is primarily from west to east across North America which is containing arctic air well to the north. That is good and bad. Currently, much of the United States is enjoying above-normal temperatures. However, the longer the air sits up north, the colder it gets, and when it comes down we are in for a shock. The current thinking by Joe *****i, the AccuWeather.com long range forecasting expert, is that the dam is going to break during mid- or late November, and a large amount of arctic air will rush southward. This will not only make it much colder, it will set the stage for possible lake effect snow and even a large scale snow event. The AccuWeather.com Winter Storm Center will keep you posted.
Story by AccuWeather.com expert senior meteorologist John Kocet. 

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
« Reply #23 on: Nov 03, 2005, 02:43 PM »
Many of the small ponds in Saskatoon were froze over this AM. It was wonderfull to see. Should be able to walk on them by the weekend. ;D

APU.
MY NAME IS APU, HOW DO YOU DO, NOW YOU GUNNA DIE!!!!!!

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #25 on: Nov 03, 2005, 04:49 PM »
Icenutter I got goose bumps reading that! I've been watching the alaska board, Barleydog and the gang and something has changed for sure. Thanks for the link Crawdad. Here we go now!

-Scott

If you live in a location that has been having warm weather lately, get ready for a whopper of a change. A big shift in the jet stream is not far down the road. Whether that will take place ten, fifteen or twenty days from now is not clear, but it will happen. When it does, a large section of the country will be thrust into the deep freeze. That will come as quite a shock, especially to those that have been enjoying 60-, 70- and even 80-degree weather lately. On the graphics in front of you, the jet stream is portrayed as a huge dam. Currently, the flow is primarily from west to east across North America which is containing arctic air well to the north. That is good and bad. Currently, much of the United States is enjoying above-normal temperatures. However, the longer the air sits up north, the colder it gets, and when it comes down we are in for a shock. The current thinking by Joe buggeri, the AccuWeather.com long range forecasting expert, is that the dam is going to break during mid- or late November, and a large amount of arctic air will rush southward. This will not only make it much colder, it will set the stage for possible lake effect snow and even a large scale snow event. The AccuWeather.com Winter Storm Center will keep you posted.

What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Nov 03, 2005, 06:47 PM »

If you live in a location that has been having warm weather lately, get ready for a whopper of a change. A big shift in the jet stream is not far down the road. Whether that will take place ten, fifteen or twenty days from now is not clear, but it will happen. When it does, a large section of the country will be thrust into the deep freeze. That will come as quite a shock, especially to those that have been enjoying 60-, 70- and even 80-degree weather lately. On the graphics in front of you, the jet stream is portrayed as a huge dam. Currently, the flow is primarily from west to east across North America which is containing arctic air well to the north. That is good and bad. Currently, much of the United States is enjoying above-normal temperatures. However, the longer the air sits up north, the colder it gets, and when it comes down we are in for a shock. The current thinking by Joe buggeri, the AccuWeather.com long range forecasting expert, is that the dam is going to break during mid- or late November, and a large amount of arctic air will rush southward. This will not only make it much colder, it will set the stage for possible lake effect snow and even a large scale snow event. The AccuWeather.com Winter Storm Center will keep you posted.

Ooohhhh wow!  That's ALMOST music to my ears.... true music would be me drilling some holes here in the next few weeks!!!  It's good to hope nonetheless after reading that though!!!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 03, 2005, 09:17 PM »
sounds a heck of alot better than the forecasts i heard. ill put my money on that one instead!

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #28 on: Nov 06, 2005, 07:26 PM »
doesn't count- Alaska is not included!!!  That's OK we have ice already.  Any one care to join me this Friday for a bit of trout fishing through the hard water?\

Icy Mike

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #29 on: Nov 06, 2005, 11:35 PM »
I am jealous. We are in the warmer than usual temps this winter. Last winter was the same. Except last year late nov-early dec was by far the coldest ever so we experienced some good ice. 03-04 winter was awesome though...FREEZING cold. Coldest in many years. 2 feet of ice in lakes right by my house that usually have at most 5". We already have ice forming on our high country lakes though, mesa lake anyway. Island is lagging a bit from last year. Hopefully we can all icefish this year!
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.