The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: robbed on bald eagle  (Read 4681 times)

Tippy

robbed on bald eagle
« on: Jan 18, 2004, 09:34 AM »
 ok to the guys or guy that is responsible for breaking into 15 or more permanents some one will catch you and i hope i am that person. you are low life scum to do what you do. didnt your mother teach you morals. there is a such thing as respect for others and there property. if i were you i wouldnt step foot on that lake again if i catch you youll wish i called the cops... I encourage everyone with a house on bald eagle to keep there eyes peeled for these scum we cant allow this crap to happen

Offline twodoggs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice hard, so fish hard.  but keep it fun.
Re:robbed on bald eagle
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2004, 02:50 PM »
 >:(Tippy,  sorry to hear about your loss.  I think however you are preaching to the choir in a matter of speaking.  I would be horrified to think that anyone on this site would do such a thing.  All I can say is that is why I leave nothing in my shack and get to know my neighbors so If someone else comes around I came note it or they can.  Hope you hind them and drill a small hole to drive that square peg threw.

Tippy

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2004, 08:31 AM »
Im not saying anyone on this site would do this. i am just venting. im sick of replacing my door. i dont laeve anything in my shack either its mainly just the principle of the thing

Offline twodoggs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice hard, so fish hard.  but keep it fun.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2004, 06:37 PM »
yes I understand the frustration. ???  I have been planing on building a new house but always think about that.  The portable is less worry.  hard to damage or steal when I am in it.

fishmann

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2004, 07:21 PM »
I still suggest an alarm system, especially if your permanent icehouse is within eye/earshot of your real house. Even if not, the noise will get the attention of any would-be burglars/vandals and probably run em off, and would draw the attention of anyone that does live on the lake. Cheap, easy, effective. These aren't experienced car theives stealing a Mercedes, they're opportunists, looking for some free fishing stuff, and an unexpected alarm would probably scare em right out of their skivies.

Offline jeep_rider_35

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Big Bait/Big Fish" "Little Bait/Little Fish"
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2004, 03:09 PM »
My buddy was robbed a couple of times.  However, they never got anything good because we never left anything good in the house.  

If someone leaves valuables in their shack they are dumber than the perps.  I'm not calling anyone dumb, I'm just putting it out there.

That said, it is a frickin' hassle repairing the door all the time, when, we never remember to pack the hinges, screws, and tools to do the job, along with the minnows, which we'll actually be needing to fish.

And here is how he stopped it.  On the door, near the handle, and next to the window, he painted these words:

THIS SHACK IS BOOBY-TRAPPED!!!

TO FIND OUT HOW IT IS BOOBY-TRAPPED, OPEN THE DOOR, OR BREAK A WINDOW.
<><                                   
<><                                         
                      <><
         <><[move]

berkleyboy000

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2004, 06:59 PM »
I agree with everyone here. I think that people shouldnt go around stelling things that doesnt belong to them. Those people should turn themselfes in because if they get caught by one of use i bet they'll kill themselves because there get seruosly hurt.

berkleyboy000

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2004, 07:03 PM »
one more thing, i would suggest if i could, going out and buying a couple laser tripbombs. If your sleeping in the middle of the night and you hear an explosing, you go look and theres a hole out there, you'll know fursure you got the guy but you might only find parts of him flotting around the water.
 ;D

Offline woodyjdh

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!-Certified!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2004, 07:11 PM »
one more thing, i would suggest if i could, going out and buying a couple laser tripbombs. If your sleeping in the middle of the night and you hear an explosing, you go look and theres a hole out there, you'll know fursure you got the guy but you might only find parts of him flotting around the water.
 ;D
that isn't all bad though...you'll be feeding the bullheads, and other bottom feeders :D
Where there's a Woody, there's a way!
I don't suffer from insanity-I enjoy every minute of it!

berkleyboy000

« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2004, 06:54 PM »
you would be fedding the fish. it would be a great did to the world but you might be arrested for it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.