Author Topic: BASS LAKE AND MAXI,S  (Read 3855 times)

Offline ED YOUNG

• Team IceShanty Regular
BASS LAKE AND MAXI,S
« on: Dec 10, 2013, 09:14 PM »
Hi guy,s could someone tell me if either one of these lake are locked back up yet. AND good luck to all this year it looks like it's going to be a good one. be safe everyone.

Offline ED YOUNG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: BASS LAKE AND MAXI,S
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2013, 08:49 PM »
Well, there is 181 viewers on this board!!!.. And  had I asked about 3 days ago---if Bass Lake was locked up???.. AND NOT 1 person could answer my question!!!.... I was NOT asking for your fishing hole/spot!!... I have read on here to where others have said, "go drive & found out"!!.. That sounds logical if in your town, but why drive an hour or two, when you can just ask... I would answer a man if he lived a far from a lake (and I lived right by it AND have drove by it--here in my town)... I maybe at fault here for thinking this was SUPPOSE to be a helpful board, BUT that is what I thought it was... MY FAULT!!!!..

Offline wrightap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2013, 08:52 PM »
 Totally get what you are saying!  Fished a few decent size ponds in west central Indiana that had good solid ice but know that as a Tues the big Monon on Shafer had 1 inch on it.
Adam

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2013, 08:59 PM »
You reep what you sow ED.

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2013, 09:00 PM »
Ed,  I saw a post a few days back Bass was still open in spots and not fish-able yet, it needs more time...

rumor is....I heard they are fishing the channels on Maxi............. I can not confirm this
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline Fishinfool85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2013, 09:00 PM »
Im with ya ed ! I know there is some great guys on here ( ed being one of them ) but seems like alot are just off the suject if this site ! I hate to even click on some posts because when i do its some of stupudest stuff that drag on for ever !!!! But cant answer a mans question honstly! And i do appalogize for the ones that have (you know who you are ) . Like ed said didnt ask for anyones hunny whole !

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2013, 09:13 PM »
Im with ya ed ! I know there is some great guys on here ( ed being one of them ) but seems like alot are just off the suject if this site ! I hate to even click on some posts because when i do its some of stupudest stuff that drag on for ever !!!! But cant answer a mans question honstly! And i do appalogize for the ones that have (you know who you are ) . Like ed said didnt ask for anyones hunny whole !

A search goes a long way to finding the answer to your questions.  It gets tiring to see the same question asked as one 3 threads below because people are too lazy to do a quick search.  There were comments about bass on here just not in response to Ed's.  Try a search before you bash people for not responding with the same answer in 10 threads.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2013, 09:21 PM »
It was brought up last year about all the redundant posts about ice conditions for area lakes.  There is the Indiana Fishing Reports and Conditions where this info should be posted.  If everyone would use it....the info should be current.  Just a thought.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=46.0
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Fishinfool85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2013, 09:23 PM »
Sounds like a guilty conscience ... Waxworm !

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2013, 09:24 PM »
good point Bret   .......it gets forgotton about it.. ....or new guys don't know about it
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline GIBBS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2013, 09:29 PM »
Somebody is about to get a good tongue lashing!!! :whistle:

Offline alvanwie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2013, 09:35 PM »
There's been a few fishing Bass since Monday, I'm sure there will be bunchies by Friday including me.

This is the only thing about the ice conditions I have seen about Bass Lake from another thread. I also would be interested if anyone has further info about ice condition on Bass.

The only other thing I have seen was about the condition of the weeds.

Offline jdm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2013, 09:38 PM »
Another issue about early ice, On certain lakes, a small section is fishable, if someone posts about, everyone in a 50 mile radius is there the next day to scratch the year long itch. 3" of ice and 60-70 people in shallow water makes for a bad day! And as of 10:36 Eastern time, there were 596 guests watching this site and only 367 members. You are not just letting ED Young know what is going on.

Offline ED YOUNG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2013, 09:46 PM »
The only thing i said is if it was lockup , i can check for myself if it is fishable. and yes i look at the indiana ice condition broad before asking. it has a post date back in sept. 4 2004

Offline ED YOUNG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2013, 09:48 PM »
just forget it guy's i will drive up there tomorrow and fine out for my self.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2013, 10:01 PM »
Ed, don't forget about PM's, phone calls to buddies and calls to local bait shops.

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2013, 10:18 PM »
It seems to me like the only way u get decent information on here is to know everyone. Like its a Facebook group. This site is intended for info right? But u always get people being deuches when u ask a question. Then they'll have no problem running ur name in other posts...I get the guest viewer thing, why nit make the board private, and u have to be a member to view? And yes there are a bunch of the same posts, I agree there could be things done about that, but Wat do I know...                                                                                                     

Offline Crappie slayer 36

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 12, 2013, 10:21 PM »
Somebody is about to get a good tongue lashing!!! :whistle:
lol!! Waiting for the "chimes" :'(

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 12, 2013, 10:36 PM »
It seems to me like the only way u get decent information on here is to know everyone. Like its a Facebook group. This site is intended for info right? But u always get people being deuches when u ask a question. Then they'll have no problem running ur name in other posts...I get the guest viewer thing, why nit make the board private, and u have to be a member to view? And yes there are a bunch of the same posts, I agree there could be things done about that, but Wat do I know...                                                                                                     

The internet has changed the way we share information.  A lot of guys on IS have discovered that it is not always appropriate to share some types of info publicly.  It has ruined many specific and general fishing spots....either by mass fisherman invading the area or ruining parking spots.

What many guys do is participate on the board and develop friendships with other anglers.  Trust is built and information is shared.....and in the last few years it seems to be shared thru PM's.  I'm sorry if that doesn't seem fair but that's the way it's been lately.

Offline jdm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 12, 2013, 10:47 PM »
I have replied to 4 pm's in the last 2 days.

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2013, 10:51 PM »
I get that. But there is no need to be rude about it like I have seen some do. Treating people like they are idiots for asking about it. I don't mind helping people out. I guess because I am willing to travel and find ice myself. If I tell people where I was fishing tonight and there was 50 people out there tomorrow, I could care less. Guess that's just me. I do get the point that if those 50 people left a mess, and I then couldn't fish there anymore I wouldn't be happy. But I would do anything I could to not let that happen, even if that meant picking someone else's stuff up...it would get rediculous happening time and time again tho.  So I get both sides of the arguement, just think the way some people handle it could change for the better. I mean we do all realize this is a public forum, and no one (that I know of) has started a private one. I think if there was private ones, you wouldn't get some of the bashing you se here a lot. Just a thought.

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2013, 10:53 PM »
I can tell you if your looking for information this site is LOADED with it!! More GREAT tips than you could read in a year. I wouldn't need to know one single person to find out what I need. Line, rods, jigs, shanties, safety!!! Thousands of topics... Simple search function. Now for the sense of entitlement, does anybody on this site owe you or me anything?! I don't EXPECT ice reports, I expect there are a bunch of fellas looking to talk ice fishing! If somebody wants to share their knowledge... GREAT! If not, I understand, I sure don't hold judgement against you! If I don't want to read about one man flip shacks again, I don't open the thread... Simple enough. I never give ice reports, but somehow found a ton of friends... And I don't Facebook. Everybody EXPECTS information NOW... Again FOR ME, I log in because I'm an addict, but I happen to be working, so I'll get a fix checking on the happenings. FOR YOU it can be completely different, and that's all good, but if your expecting other to do what you want them to, you may be disappointed. I can tell you from experience, the are a ton of good guys on this site, and some I wouldn't care to fish with, and some that wouldn't care to fish with me, but just about everybody loves ice fishing, so at least we all have that in common and that's a good start!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline jdm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2013, 11:00 PM »
I can tell you if your looking for information this site is LOADED with it!! More GREAT tips than you could read in a year. I wouldn't need to know one single person to find out what I need. Line, rods, jigs, shanties, safety!!! Thousands of topics... Simple search function. Now for the sense of entitlement, does anybody on this site owe you or me anything?! I don't EXPECT ice reports, I expect there are a bunch of fellas looking to talk ice fishing! If somebody wants to share their knowledge... GREAT! If not, I understand, I sure don't hold judgement against you! If I don't want to read about one man flip shacks again, I don't open the thread... Simple enough. I never give ice reports, but somehow found a ton of friends... And I don't Facebook. Everybody EXPECTS information NOW... Again FOR ME, I log in because I'm an addict, but I happen to be working, so I'll get a fix checking on the happenings. FOR YOU it can be completely different, and that's all good, but if your expecting other to do what you want them to, you may be disappointed. I can tell you from experience, the are a ton of good guys on this site, and some I wouldn't care to fish with, and some that wouldn't care to fish with me, but just about everybody loves ice fishing, so at least we all have that in common and that's a good start!
There you go, couldn't agree more. Very wise words from an Iceshanty veteran!

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 12, 2013, 11:13 PM »
I don't expect anything from the site. Im sure there are a lot of great guys. But I don't see a need to bring other peoples names, into a post, that has nothing to do with them because someone didn't like their posts a month ago. I don't solely rely on ice reports to go fish, but they can be a usefully tool to save some gas. In this economy I can see why that's important to some.

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 12, 2013, 11:18 PM »
I don't expect anything from the site. Im sure there are a lot of great guys. But I don't see a need to bring other peoples names, into a post, that has nothing to do with them because someone didn't like their posts a month ago. I don't solely rely on ice reports to go fish, but they can be a usefully tool to save some gas. In this economy I can see why that's important to some.
Can't argue with that! Sometimes you gotta go old school and call Butch's Bait on route 10. If she's had more than 15 customers I believe it would be a safe bet they're fishing close by, especially if she's selling a ton of bass minnows! Good luck!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 12, 2013, 11:26 PM »
Fair enough! Good luck out there guys!

Offline Bodeen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 12, 2013, 11:36 PM »
Why not if you want to share the information on the board, you share it.  If you want to pm it, you pm it.  If you don't want to share anything, then don't share anything.  Any other comments or complaints are pointless.  Every year its the same thing.  People asking a question then two pages of arguments about wasting peoples time reading etc.

You do your thing, I'll do mine.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 12, 2013, 11:39 PM »
Sounds like a guilty conscience ... Waxworm !

Guilty about what?  I don't fish bass and never will....live 90 minutes from there so could care less if has ice or is wide open.  I don't ask for ice reports and I don't give ice reports.  I get all the info I need by calling, texting or PMing people I know and trust, or checking for myself.  People need to check conditions for themselves.  What is safe for me may not be safe for you.  This sport can kill you if you take advice from someone who doesn't know what they are doing and let your guard down.  Maybe a call to the local bait shops or marina (if there is one) would be a better option for conditions.  There are posters on this site that claim they catch 13" gills one right after another.  That same poster said a channel had 3 inches and 2 hours later had 1".  If that guy tells you bass has ice are you going to believe him and drive 2 hours?  Most guys don't post crazy posts, but when you don't know who you are getting info from, how do you know it is even remotely accurate? 

Offline muskyjoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 13, 2013, 12:52 AM »
Guilty about what?  I don't fish bass and never will....live 90 minutes from there so could care less if has ice or is wide open.  I don't ask for ice reports and I don't give ice reports.  I get all the info I need by calling, texting or PMing people I know and trust, or checking for myself.  People need to check conditions for themselves.  What is safe for me may not be safe for you.  This sport can kill you if you take advice from someone who doesn't know what they are doing and let your guard down.  Maybe a call to the local bait shops or marina (if there is one) would be a better option for conditions.  There are posters on this site that claim they catch 13" gills one right after another.  That same poster said a channel had 3 inches and 2 hours later had 1".  If that guy tells you bass has ice are you going to believe him and drive 2 hours?  Most guys don't post crazy posts, but when you don't know who you are getting info from, how do you know it is even remotely accurate? 

Well said. This sport will kill you if info is wrong.

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Dec 13, 2013, 02:15 AM »
just forget it guy's i will drive up there tomorrow and fine out for my self.
Being that u still havent gotten an answer i think its safe to say theres good ice and no one wants to tell
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.