Author Topic: Replacing lazer hand blades  (Read 780 times)

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Replacing lazer hand blades
« on: Feb 21, 2018, 07:12 PM »
 I replaced my blades on my 8 inch and strike master laser today. The bolts stick out on the bottom about a millimeter and I'm wondering if that's OK. I went pretty tight on them But to get them flush I think they would be too loose.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Replacing lazer hand blades
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2018, 07:16 PM »
I think you over tightened them and if you did you're taking a chance on cracking them.  When you tighten the bolts you only have to go about a quarter turn past tight and the bottom of the bolt should be flush with the bottom of the blade.  When you took your old blades on did the bolts have washers in them?  If you're worried about the blades coming loose put a drop or two of the removable (blue) Lok-Tight on the threads of the bolt.  I do that with all my blades and never had a problem with them coming loose. 

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2018, 07:18 PM »
not to worry you will be ok

Offline openingact

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing beats a good day working!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:03 PM »
You're fine. Mine our the same and I just do a firm hand twist on it instead of really torquing them down. Regardless I do suggest some blue or even red loctite to keep them in. Red loosens up pretty easy once heated a little with a torch.

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2018, 05:02 PM »
they worked fine as they were...beautifully in fact. what a difference I couldn't really even tell the old ones needed replacing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.