Author Topic: Woodridge Lake - Goshen  (Read 11088 times)

Trooper Bri

Re: Woodridge Lake - Goshen
« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Without a picture it's a lie.
Then top it off with a fictional fish without a picture!
What kind of ice cream would you like with your Humble Pie?

This thread makes for a great read on the crapper!
Yes it does. But you were kind of helping make that happen.

Awesome pics Wall-HaNgEr, and VERY well stated!! Wish you would post more. ;)

As much as I'd like the state to stock these monsters, I'd rather see the money go towards more EnCon officers to bust the yahoos poaching the trout, salmon, and walleye we pay good money to stock already.

Offline jigmaster22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:32 PM »
I should have been more clear, I was talking about the one supposedly caught through the ice.
might want to cut your losses on this one bud :'(......

Offline rocklobster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Has anyone tried talking to DEP about stocking them?  They are always freindly and responsive when ever i have contacted them.
Fanatastic fish by the way!!
here pikey pikey...BIG DEAD BAIT...

Offline ESOX FIX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:47 PM »
Heres an end to the fictional musky:

Offline pikePERSUADER1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Northern Pike- all other fish are bait
« Reply #34 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:52 PM »
^^^hahahaha, i think that would be classified as  IN YOUR FACE!!!   awesome fish, so when am I fishing woodridge with you? lol  :tipup:

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:36 PM »
^^^hahahaha, i think that would be classified as  IN YOUR FACE!!!

LOL. That just about sums it up.

:bow: Awesome fish!!!!!!
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:39 PM »
How much do I have to pay to fish with you? I come in peace, no metal vid or pic.

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:01 PM »
Awesome muskie Rich. Looks like you might be able to make some extra cash this winter running a guide service  ;D

Offline waltsfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AH-SUNSET -to fish or not to fish what a stupid ?
« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2011, 07:03 AM »
taht a whole lotta nice fish, now can we be nice

Offline Yukon Roz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:14 AM »
Now thats an awesome fish !!! Great job on the ice hope you get more in the coming weeks.Must have been tense on the ice watching it swim by the hole before you got him up!!

Offline Jessox80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The malevolent aged grin..."- Hughes
« Reply #40 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:51 AM »
"fishing for these guys requires countless hours on the water, "the fish of 10,000 casts", although you could take a day trip your time probably wouldnt get you one unless you spent hours and hours and multiple full days on that particular body of water"

A required time investment is all the more reason to fish somewhere legally (lots of time to get caught otherwise). I took a weekend Canadian-muskie trip a few years ago and my co-angler and I both got one on our last day there. Certainly not as big as the beasts here, but even in pike fishing I spend much more time eating and drinking than I do catching; if I wasn't willing to risk the skunk I'd chase only panfish.  Again, thanks to all those who stirred up the fire so we got to peep these awesome tigers.
Pike fishing is a like a cruel mistress that is too beautiful to leave.

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:22 PM »
now that everybody kissed and made up i think those guys on the the lake should invite the IS ct members for a ole fashion cookout/fishing derby, Ill bring the beer and bibs for all the drool. awesome fish! 

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #42 on: Jan 07, 2011, 01:05 PM »
some great looking fish guys!  Tigers are quickly becoming one of my favorite species to target, even if I have to drive 4 hours to fish near some mountain scenery.  Any night you want to do some eyes, let me know.

E

Trooper Bri

« Reply #43 on: Jan 07, 2011, 05:17 PM »
Oh man, those are some beauties... All in favor of having next year's Team CT outing up there, say aye!  ;D
Say Wall, you need help with a barn raising or bury a body or whatnot, shoot me a PM. Glad to lend a hand. :whistle:

Accord, just appologize to the guy for calling him a liar. You're right, it's the internet. So the only thing we have to gauge you is what you post. We try and reserve our agressions in the CT forum for dirty, out of state walleye poachers. ;)

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 07, 2011, 05:37 PM »
where has the r.i. guy been haven't heard from the poacher. hope i may see him when i go out for walleye next week

Offline jigginup20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:04 PM »
lol u guys r great..my buddie has family that live on that lake...beautiful lake but i never seen pictures of the musky until now..good job those are very nice fish...

Offline Peternorth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:26 AM »
     The fish are awesome.  I have been lucky enough to fish the lake a few times the past couple of years on the ice with a member.  It is a fantastic perch and bass lake.  I never caught a Tiger even though I tried on every occasion.  The people I fished with had never caught one or seen one in all the years they lived there.  A relative of mine caught one this summer that was also 26 pounds.  They are in there however, very few people have been lucky enough to catch one.  I also have heard that the members on Woodridge Lake are planning another stocking this spring.  Good for them.  All of the members that I have met over the years were friendly and welcomed my friends.  One day we had more people than a member is allowed to bring.  A perfect stranger asked if we wanted to fish with him so 2 people in our group would not have to leave.  Fish the lake with a member and you will have no problems.  Sneak on and there is a good chance yoyu will get caught.
     As far as going to New York to catch them, you are more than welcome to try.  New York has been stocking them for years in a few lakes in my area (Lake Durant, Round Lake, Mohawk River).  I have fished them for years without catching or even seeing another angler land one.  The strange thing is that we catch many large northern pike.  The tiger muskies are very difficult to catch.  I wish the state would stop stocking the tigers and replace them with northerns.  Also, the northerns can reproduce while the tigers are sterile.  If you come to NY, you are better off targeting some big lake trout in Lake George or Schroon Lake.  You will catch 500 lake trout before you ever catch a tiger in NY. 

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:43 AM »
I must just get lucky in NY then, I've had and seen more tigers than I have lakers or pike ;D  2 on my first try, and my first fish through the ice this year was a tiger musky  ;)

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 08, 2011, 09:12 AM »
lol

Offline elevatorman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Cynical people make bad friends.
« Reply #49 on: Jan 08, 2011, 12:47 PM »
awesome fish man way to getem. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: