The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Allagash Bird Hunt  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Gettinjiggy1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Allagash Bird Hunt
« on: Oct 02, 2019, 05:21 PM »
  Me and some buddies are getting ready to head to the Allagash on a Bird hunting trip.   It’s been a while since I’ve been up there , just wondering if anybody knows what the road conditions are?  Anybody had any luck with any birds?   Any info would be appreciated. Thanks a lot !
Flaaaaaaaaag!!!

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Allagash Bird Hunt
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2019, 06:46 PM »
I don't got any answers to you're questions have not been up that way yet this year myself, But Good Luck get up there and bag some o them tasty morsels!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2019, 12:01 PM »
been real wet up here but most roads are good. some people got some birds but burnt a lot of gas to get them. I've seen a few around but haven't the chance to get out yet. my buddy and his brother are staying in a camper at Walker siding for the last 4 days. should have a better report  tonight when they get back.

Offline MarkNFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2019, 08:09 AM »
Just got back from a few days up that way.  Roads are typical for this time of year.  Birds were spotty...plentiful in some areas and apparently non-existent in others.  Kind of odd. 

Good luck!

Offline Gettinjiggy1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2019, 08:51 AM »
been real wet up here but most roads are good. some people got some birds but burnt a lot of gas to get them. I've seen a few around but haven't the chance to get out yet. my buddy and his brother are staying in a camper at Walker siding for the last 4 days. should have a better report  tonight
when they get back.

Cool thanks for the info, since my post I heard the roads we’re decent and the birds were skittish.    Can’t wait to get up there !
Flaaaaaaaaag!!!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2019, 08:55 AM »
We were outside Greenville for a few days, it was windy and the birds were jumpy. I walked a bunch, the dog put up a good number of birds but it was tough shooting. Saw a few on the roads but they weren't hanging around. Maybe go back in two weeks when the leaves are down.

Offline Gettinjiggy1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 07, 2019, 09:32 AM »
 Thanks for the info, leaving Thursday to Monday so I’ll let you know how we did..  going to be chilly !!
Flaaaaaaaaag!!!

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2019, 06:58 AM »
was there 2 weeks ago on a moose hunt not seeing many birds going on my moose hunt with grandson this week will let ya know how it looks now
in god we trust

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2019, 09:12 AM »
been several times. not many birds and the ones you see run like they're on fire. only got 6 so far and we worked for them.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2019, 09:39 PM »
saw a ton of birds in zone1 grandson and son inlaw shot there share that week
in god we trust

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 27, 2019, 12:57 PM »
we have shot a lot of birds at camp , they are skittish Birds,and crops are full of maple seeds   Probaly get a lot more birds walking under Maple groves.

Offline SteveTheChimneySweep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2019, 10:40 PM »
How did you do?  My brother and I were at Pittston Farm the 8th -12th saw 30 birds shot 9.  Our second year staying there, usually stayed in Rockwood at Maynards but way to long of a drive to get to the Golden Road.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 15, 2019, 07:13 AM »
Birds were everywhere on the snow , Never saw crops so full of seeds buds and ferns and clover

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.