The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Ice Auger Found  (Read 6118 times)

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice Auger Found
« on: Mar 24, 2019, 07:37 PM »
If you lost an ice auger today in Durham, I picked it up. Let me know what kind it is and we can arrange for a way to get it back to you.

I also had a Friend of mine put this on FB to see if we can find the owner.

Offline bouncin_toads

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Auger Found
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2019, 09:36 PM »
Nice, karma and the fishy gods will smile upon you for many years. I wish whoever found mine at Lake Penneseewassee Park in Norway a couple weeks ago, would have done the same. You don't find that much nowadays.

Offline caught_the_fever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2019, 11:19 AM »
If you lost an ice auger today in Durham, I picked it up. Let me know what kind it is and we can arrange for a way to get it back to you.

I also had a Friend of mine put this on FB to see if we can find the owner.

Love to see this, Coach!   Nice work. 

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2019, 11:56 AM »
Have you put this on Facebook? More readers there.
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2019, 11:07 AM »
Its been a week now since I found this and nothing back from anyone so far. We have this posted on Facebook, Maine fishing site and here. This really surprises me

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Well you gave it your best shot. Atleast you tried. More than most people would do.
Fishing is easy. Catching is the hard part.

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2019, 01:00 PM »
Well you gave it your best shot. Atleast you tried. More than most people would do.
Thanks. I just can't believe that nobody is out there saying hey you found it for me.

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2019, 03:13 PM »
I know. If it were me I would be looking everywhere I could. But I'm guessing they chalked it up as a loss.
Fishing is easy. Catching is the hard part.

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2019, 05:52 PM »
You've done your civic duty by searching for the owner. I guess the last step might be a local store that has a bulletin board?
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline bouncin_toads

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2019, 10:04 PM »
I lost my auger so you could help pay it forward. The local pd hasnt heard anything, and MG39 hasnt heard anything in the Norway Paris F&G either.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Apr 11, 2019, 02:10 PM »
I lost my auger so you could help pay it forward. The local pd hasnt heard anything, and MG39 hasnt heard anything in the Norway Paris F&G either.

But wouldn't giving you an auger that doesn't belong to him be just as bad as someone taking an auger that didn't belong to them ???

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 11, 2019, 02:54 PM »
But wouldn't giving you an auger that doesn't belong to him be just as bad as someone taking an auger that didn't belong to them ???

Unfortunately, anyone that finds items has a legal obligation to "spend some money" in attempting to find the owner. It's good that this old law is never enforced to my knowledge and very few would be in a position to know it exists. We've always had good luck on here with the honesty of the contributors.
If someone asked me about the law, I'd say I never heard of it.  lol
In any case, I'm sure that the finder will put it in the corner and maybe some day the owner will appear. Never just give it away. ::)

MRSA Title 33

§ 1051. Duty of finder of money or goods worth $3 or more

Whoever finds lost money or goods of the value of $3 or more shall, if the owner is unknown, within 7 days give notice thereof in writing to the clerk of the town where the money or goods are found and post a notification thereof in some public place in said town. If the value is $10 or more, the finder, in addition to the notice to the town clerk and the notification to be posted, shall, within one month after finding, publish a notice thereof in some newspaper published in the town, if any, otherwise in some newspaper published in the county.
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Apr 21, 2019, 07:22 PM »
Unfortunately, anyone that finds items has a legal obligation to "spend some money" in attempting to find the owner. It's good that this old law is never enforced to my knowledge and very few would be in a position to know it exists. We've always had good luck on here with the honesty of the contributors.
If someone asked me about the law, I'd say I never heard of it.  lol
In any case, I'm sure that the finder will put it in the corner and maybe some day the owner will appear. Never just give it away. ::)

MRSA Title 33

§ 1051. Duty of finder of money or goods worth $3 or more

Whoever finds lost money or goods of the value of $3 or more shall, if the owner is unknown, within 7 days give notice thereof in writing to the clerk of the town where the money or goods are found and post a notification thereof in some public place in said town. If the value is $10 or more, the finder, in addition to the notice to the town clerk and the notification to be posted, shall, within one month after finding, publish a notice thereof in some newspaper published in the town, if any, otherwise in some newspaper published in the county.

Thought I would try again when the season starts up again, who know might get lucky.

...but Now I  found a Hunting Blind blowing down the road and it crossed right in front of me and I almost drove over it. I take it down and I checked a few houses near where it hit me and I did find the owner. Who leaves their pop up blind all winter long. Most of the poles were broken, but they were happy to get it back, glad I do have to store that as well. LOL

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 21, 2019, 08:36 AM »
I'm not sure I understand the concept of Karma or the Wheel but last week I retrieved a credit card that I saw a young lady drop in the road and yesterday I stupidly dropped my wallet coming out the doctors office. An hour later, someone had turned it in along with the 80 bucks it contained. Much evil in this world and much good also.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Correct

I still got baseball gear from kids that I have coached. Someday I hope the owners comes up to me and says hey Coach do you still have my glove I left behind on the field. I will say YEP and you know the rules, start running.  :clap:

Offline mrbean1025

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2019, 09:32 AM »
Sounds like between the gloves and the auger, you should open a sporting goods shop Coach.

Offline bouncin_toads

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2019, 08:01 PM »
The right place at the right time.... yeah the parking lot. Why buy your ice fishing gear when you can just lurk and skulk around like a troll in the parking lots of popular ice fishing lakes. I've caught on to that game. As my 6" Clam Lazer Hand auger was a victim to these petty creeps. HINT: a huge red flag is the person at the boat launch that's just sitting in their car every time you check that spot, and you notice they don't have any rods or gear out. Apparently it's not always teenagers.

Offline mackle85

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 29, 2019, 10:12 PM »
It it was a 7" Nero, it would be mine.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2019, 06:56 AM »
I found a fold up ice shack a few years back. Put it here, FB, Craigslist, Uncle Henrys, and called the Wardens. Never heard from anyone trying to claim it. The wardens said "give it a few weeks...and if you don't hear anything, I guess you have a new shack." I ended up selling it a year after I found it.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2019, 07:23 AM »

Just last week I went shore casting for eyes , found a bucket with a tackle bag inside , I posted On MFF that I found something , a guy on FB knew a guy that lost gear , after describing it i returned his tackle ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.