New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 413862 times)

Offline H20chrome

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #1650 on: Mar 23, 2015, 11:33 AM »

Pulled this up on Saturday, never expected it to be a perch

Offline Rob W

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1651 on: Mar 23, 2015, 12:41 PM »
Nice fish!  Of course, if she's been drinking those 16 oz energy drinks, she probably has lots of pep for eating lots of those smaller fish....

Offline trebblehook

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time to walk on water!
« Reply #1652 on: Mar 23, 2015, 05:13 PM »
yup!  tHAT LOOKS LIKE A BEER BELLY! What were the measurments?

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1653 on: Mar 23, 2015, 05:15 PM »

Pulled this up on Saturday, never expected it to be a perch

Wouldn't it be nice if you could catch a lot of those 11"-12" perch instead of only a few for a season?   I managed a few of those myself this season, but common perch for me were 8" -9" with a few 10"ers each time out.  One more time this weekend, with all the safety gear on board and a partner, don't fish alone anymore in case you need someone to throw you a rope.

Offline H20chrome

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1654 on: Mar 23, 2015, 06:11 PM »
Thanks guys, i found a small crappie in its stomach. The perch measured 12 inches. I was totally shocked to catch this out of chautauqua, my biggest perch was 14 1/2 inches and that was out of Lake Erie. I swear the huge white perch die off has helped the yellow perch grow bigger? I wonder what the age/size classes for perch are in Chautauqua?

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1655 on: Mar 23, 2015, 06:32 PM »
Now that's a perch. I hope they keep growing that big. Chautauqua starts producing even a phew of those bad boys every year I'd never drag my as on Erie again lol.

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1656 on: Mar 23, 2015, 06:37 PM »
I say this now but know I'll still be walking my ass 2 miles out for those 14+ inches I just can't stay away no mater how much my body says ur dumb lol. Hi my name is Andy and I'm a slobahaulic lol. Seriously I was pretty down on Chautauqua after that past 2 years but this year was great and hopefully a sign of good things to come.  I hate this time of year I got to use the new vexilar 2 times and now I gotta pack it up and wait till next year. Stay safe boys I'll see us next year

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1657 on: Mar 23, 2015, 09:52 PM »
I say this now but know I'll still be walking my ass 2 miles out for those 14+ inches I just can't stay away no mater how much my body says ur dumb lol. Hi my name is Andy and I'm a slobahaulic lol. Seriously I was pretty down on Chautauqua after that past 2 years but this year was great and hopefully a sign of good things to come.  I hate this time of year I got to use the new vexilar 2 times and now I gotta pack it up and wait till next year. Stay safe boys I'll see us next year

Learn to walk the plank onto the ice and go for one more weekend like the rest of us perch ahaulics.  Maybe even two more weekends.  It's been a long time since I ice fished in the morning and trout fished in the afternoon, we use to do that back in the 60's and 70's.

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1658 on: Mar 24, 2015, 06:05 AM »
Learn to walk the plank onto the ice and go for one more weekend like the rest of us perch ahaulics.  Maybe even two more weekends.  It's been a long time since I ice fished in the morning and trout fished in the afternoon, we use to do that back in the 60's and 70's.

I unfortunately called into to work to many times and the next couple weekends we r busy so I gotta call it for the year. But I was referencing lake Eire. I would still hit Chautauqua if I could my in laws r on the ice at the Vikings as we speak ill post a report when they r done

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #1659 on: Mar 24, 2015, 11:35 AM »
Been skunked the last two times out. Not even a bite! Came at the 10 -4 time period, and they just shut off. Unusual for Chautauqua, especially Mayville. Might have to redeem myself this weekend. Deadhead88 I talked to u at sturgeon point in parking lot when u guys got those Lake Trout. Drove by Hamburg beach today, and flat blue ice with guys out. Wish we had that earlier this season. That shove ice, and slush was bad this year.

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1660 on: Mar 24, 2015, 12:58 PM »
Been skunked the last two times out. Not even a bite! Came at the 10 -4 time period, and they just shut off. Unusual for Chautauqua, especially Mayville. Might have to redeem myself this weekend. Deadhead88 I talked to u at sturgeon point in parking lot when u guys got those Lake Trout. Drove by Hamburg beach today, and flat blue ice with guys out. Wish we had that earlier this season. That shove ice, and slush was bad this year.
Try the middle of the lake; Bell Tower, Midway, Viking, Prendergast, Long Point. You can't not get a limit of perch there. They are jumping in the buckets. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline dave_p.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #1661 on: Mar 24, 2015, 01:10 PM »
Thanks Prchmike I just was there when they shutdown. Never happened to me even once in the last 15 years. Usually at least the dinks are hitting. Guys were getting them before, and after I left, lol. I can`t believe how hard the ice is this late in the season. Fished my pond near Chautaqua Sunday, and needed creepers.

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1662 on: Mar 24, 2015, 01:23 PM »
Thanks Prchmike I just was there when they shutdown. Never happened to me even once in the last 15 years. Usually at least the dinks are hitting. Guys were getting them before, and after I left, lol. I can`t believe how hard the ice is this late in the season. Fished my pond near Chautaqua Sunday, and needed creepers.
Yeah the ice is great once you get on. I can relate, I'm the main target of the saying "you should have been here yesterday'. Good luck, we should have another week as long as we can get on. The shore is deteriorating fast.
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1663 on: Mar 24, 2015, 04:19 PM »

Right on I remember. And I know right the path out sucked this year. Here's to another cold one next year

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1664 on: Mar 24, 2015, 04:29 PM »
In laws both hit they're limit by noon at the Vikings said shore is good to go for another week or so if we're lucky. To the 2 guys in the brown Pop up cabellas hut must u set up 10 feet away from someone? It's a big lake guys give people a little space out there please

Offline spindiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1665 on: Mar 25, 2015, 12:51 PM »
does anybody no if they are fishing by smithboys yet the creek must be open thanks for any info

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #1666 on: Mar 25, 2015, 03:13 PM »
Froze solid still. Checked it last night.

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #1667 on: Mar 25, 2015, 03:46 PM »
fished pender today  lots of ice lots a fish and lots of wind an rain.........  easy drag ;D
youngster

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #1668 on: Mar 25, 2015, 06:42 PM »
how is the shore ice

Offline fish4fun8

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1669 on: Mar 25, 2015, 07:11 PM »
anything going on at burtis ?thinking about having last outing party!

Offline hunterkenyon1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1670 on: Mar 25, 2015, 08:00 PM »
So anyone going to be fishing saturday out of long point?

Offline RMG

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1671 on: Mar 26, 2015, 08:40 AM »
Went to Mayville Monday evening. Fished from about 5-10pm and only got 2 very small perch and a pumpkin seed. Was hoping for some calicoes. Moved all over the place and threw everything I had at them. There were 2 other guys out still when we left, not sure if they did any good.

Fished long point yesterday from about 3-8pm.  Shore ice is definitely deteriorating but the docks jut out past the problems areas. The rain had water pooled up on the surface and it was vary slick. The main sheet of ice is still solid. Maybe 3-4 inches of black below 7-8 inches of white. Fished with my brother and we ended up taking home about 40. We were pretty picky and threw back a lot of 6-7 inch fish.  Got a few bruisers for Chautauqua. Biggest one was almost 12. Other guys out said they did well also.

Good luck guys stay safe out there.

Offline gonzo67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1672 on: Mar 26, 2015, 04:49 PM »
i'm thinking about giving it one more day on saturday off vikings -midway area. anyone been out there recently like today? any info on ice cond would be greatly appreciated . erie ice not as thick & getting to dangerous for me. thanks

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1673 on: Mar 26, 2015, 08:01 PM »
I'll be at the Vikings Saturday at sun up gonzo. It's gunna be cold enough to hold up for sure low teens

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #1674 on: Mar 26, 2015, 08:08 PM »
might try vikings sunday?

Offline hunterkenyon1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1675 on: Mar 27, 2015, 04:28 PM »
I wanna fish vikings sunday also. can i meet up with anyone sunday morning there to walk out with. Or to show me where to park atleast and get on ice. Thanks. Never fished out of viking. Always longpoint.

Offline Deadhead88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1676 on: Mar 27, 2015, 04:36 PM »
My friends are a bunch of vaginas said they don't feel safe on only 12 inches of ice so I'll be alone out there tomorrow lmaomore for me I guess come say hi if ur out at the Vikings tomorrow

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #1677 on: Mar 27, 2015, 05:10 PM »
hunter i have never been there before either. hopefully i can find it.

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1678 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:28 PM »
Drive past long point st. Park it is a camp ground.  We will be there also for one last run.  I put all my stuff away two weeks ago and had to get it back out.     Mark

Offline kenkuniff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1679 on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:06 PM »
Any reason everyone seems to be going to Viking  rather than Long Point? I was at Lake for 1st time ever last weekend at Long Point. Did pretty well. Want to go Sunday so just wondering.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.