New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 413725 times)

Offline novacaine111

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #930 on: Jan 17, 2014, 12:04 PM »
I'd like to try mayville tomorrow hopefully no slush

Offline Postletown

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Working to afford bait!
« Reply #931 on: Jan 17, 2014, 03:28 PM »
Where is everyone headed tomorrow?  I will probably start at Mayville.  I know a lot of people might not tell since the tourney is this weekend.  I am not in it, but good luck to all who are!
-Chris

Offline Grapeman9825

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #932 on: Jan 17, 2014, 06:17 PM »
How is the ice off the bell tower??? Has anyone fished there yet??

Offline Postletown

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Working to afford bait!
« Reply #933 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:44 AM »
I saw people fishing the bell tower last Sunday during the warm up, I would imagine it is fine now!
-Chris

Offline CHEVYSTEELIE

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HAVE FUN ENJOY THE DAY FISHING
« Reply #934 on: Jan 18, 2014, 09:32 AM »
How big of a contest is it out there?

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #935 on: Jan 18, 2014, 02:30 PM »
My brother talked to a guy at Hogan's and he said there was only 50 guys signed up?

Offline fishfry95

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #936 on: Jan 18, 2014, 02:44 PM »
Heading to lp early tomorrow anyone know how the shore ice is. Also how much snow  they get out there

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #937 on: Jan 18, 2014, 03:48 PM »
check out conditions thread. sounds like shore ice is fine

Offline trickin n killin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #938 on: Jan 18, 2014, 06:22 PM »
Only a few inches of snow..not even enough to really effect the drag

Offline fish4fun8

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #939 on: Jan 18, 2014, 08:50 PM »
any results from tournament today?

Offline chuck1966

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #940 on: Jan 18, 2014, 10:30 PM »
any crappie being caught yet. :tipup: :tipup: ;)

Offline 8ball

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #941 on: Jan 19, 2014, 06:59 AM »
Was there yesterday (sat) ice was great set up in 19 foot of water off meadow springs caught about 60 perch only a dozen in the 8 to 9 inch range alot of 7" perch out there.

Offline trickin n killin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #942 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:59 AM »
Few crappie here and there...as far as the tourney not sure..was at burtis yesterday and stopped by the weigh in station and nobody was there..I wasn't in it but from the sounds of it I prob shoulda entered

Offline allthumbs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #943 on: Jan 19, 2014, 01:13 PM »
Been out on the ice a dozen times  so far  haven't seen any garbage yet way to go guys!!!
Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching

Offline dave1984

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #944 on: Jan 19, 2014, 09:39 PM »
My brother talked to a guy at Hogan's and he said there was only 50 guys signed up?
[/quote

There should be alot more ppl doing the tournament it is by far the best one in NY great guys who run it plenty of great prizes and cash pay outs
TEAM ADVENTURE

Offline Bschrock55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #945 on: Jan 20, 2014, 10:20 AM »
The tourney def didn't have that many people registered.  Around 30 pro/am teams and around 50 open anglers.  The fishing was as slow as ice ever seen.  Obviously it was bad fishing, but the tourney it self seems to be out together very nicely.  They had a great setup at the fire hall near hogans hut.  Weighin seemed to be run well.  And, they handed out thousands of dollars worth of prizes.  As a door prize I ended up with $100 worth of tip ups and there were several other nicer prizes. 

My question is, why was there little to no local fisherman?  I met several people from all over the state, but no one else from chautauqua.

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #946 on: Jan 20, 2014, 11:16 AM »
Was a great run tournament we drive 4 hours each way stayed over in hotel 2 nights spent over $50 at local bait shops and ate out each day so to support local business sad on local turn out of competition  my partner and just missed out of placing in top 5 but was a fun time. We caught perch that would have placed if we did open class had a .51 lbs  was told that's great size for out there. Thanks for the people that did support the tournament.
Just enjoying life

Offline fishfry95

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #947 on: Jan 20, 2014, 11:55 AM »
Just my opinion but could be people that fish it all the time know what the fishing is like here. Its great if you like 7inch perch . Tough to find crappies during the day and even tougher to get a walleye . I read none were weighed in.

Offline Bschrock55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #948 on: Jan 20, 2014, 12:05 PM »
One walleye was weighed in, and I've never seen a slower bite than we had this weekend.  I'm not a pro by any means, but on most days I can usually bring home an eye or two.  This weekend was very unusual how slow it was.  I've never fished crappie, but I do her of guys getting them through the ice.  And crappie fishing is pretty if on this lake in the spring. 

It seemed like a good tourney that for only being a couple years old, is run very well.  They procure a ton of sponsorship support and it's a shame do few people came out to try it.  It looks like it has a lot of potential to be a great event, just need the people to come fish it.

Offline steelie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #949 on: Jan 20, 2014, 12:45 PM »
The "one" walleye that was weighed in was a classic to watch!!   Anyone around that area  knows what I am talking about.... I must say - they deserved it by the walk they made !!  :)
You Don't Know, If You Don't Go !!!!

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #950 on: Jan 20, 2014, 12:49 PM »
Never caught a walleye thru the ice was thinking of comin down in the am to give it a shot. Was thinking about trying pendergrast but was wondering if there is a better place to start. Thanks for the info in advance
ice fishing for life

Offline Pole-ska

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #951 on: Jan 20, 2014, 01:18 PM »
Your right...Prendegrast is probably the best place to start. I know they catch them out in front of We-Wan-Chu campground in the summer but i don't think there is any access there in the winter.  its almost a 1 mile walk.

at Prendegrast i know guys usually veer off to the right in the bay there for Wallys

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #952 on: Jan 20, 2014, 01:21 PM »
Really wanted to get in tourney but timing wasn't on my side...will look forward to it next year if we have ice.
Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline FraBilKil

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't call me Zorro when I'm ice fishing!
« Reply #953 on: Jan 20, 2014, 01:55 PM »
I agree with fishfry95. Plus I had a commitment on Saturday. Heard not a single legal walleye was submitted on Saturday.  Big surprise, if the information is accurate.
Practice Selective Harvest - Catch & Release to sustain our fisheries. 🔃

Offline FISHN NIK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #954 on: Jan 20, 2014, 02:48 PM »
The thing that killed me was that I've read several reports last year about all these members catching all these walleye like they were like gills!Alot of the guys in tourney sad the walleye were there but wouldn't bite,maybe the night bite is best?I helped to promote this event and am very surprised there weren't more entries with all the great door prizes and other gifts.Thanks again Tim for a great event,a real shamethat people don't know a good thing when they see it,fishing is part of event,but meeting other people not from here and promoting the region is a big part of a event like this.Too bad more area residents didn't help out in that respect,and the local economy always needs a shot in the arm!

FN

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #955 on: Jan 20, 2014, 03:09 PM »
I agree nick. It was a great time by all that we're there. Didn't understand why the low turnout. Fishing was tough but that's fishing. I'll be doing sodus if any one wants to head up for that one

Offline bulldawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #956 on: Jan 20, 2014, 03:25 PM »
Maybe they need to advertise it a little more??? Never saw a single ad on it near me. I'm about a half hour south...
I dont always drink beer, but when I do I like to drink alot of it.

Offline bernieb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #957 on: Jan 20, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Looking to come up and fish Saturday and Sunday. Can anyone tell me a good reasonable placeto stay Saturday night? Thanks, Bernie

Offline FISHN NIK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #958 on: Jan 20, 2014, 04:28 PM »
Bulldawger,
             There were fliers in all tackle shops in area from Silver Ck to Mayville and in local bars, supermarkets, and  Con.Clubs,it was also in Gene Pauzak's column in the Observer for a month so I don't know what to say except sorry you missed it.The event has been talked about on here for 2yrs. also.

FN

Offline bshirtd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #959 on: Jan 20, 2014, 06:01 PM »
Guys this is the best run tournament I have ever been a part of. Tim does an excellent job running it me and my partner have now fished both Chautauqua this year and sodus last year. Both events went off without a problem. To all of you Chautauqua boys that missed this event come fish sodus it's a great area and you will get to see what an actual perch looks like you don't need top end gear or transportation to be in the running to win last year we walked 5 miles to our perch grounds 2 days in a row to end up in second this year was 4 miles round trip to our walleye spot maybe a 1/4 mile to our perch spot try this event you won't be disappointed. Team Mitchels bait and tackle
its a footrace to the hole

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.