New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 413265 times)

Offline Postletown

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Working to afford bait!
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #510 on: Mar 04, 2013, 09:14 AM »
Went to Mayville on Saturday.  Got some very nice gills just before dark on spikes, action was non-stop.  Fished until about 11pm and only got 3 Crappies after dark.  Ice was solid.  Very nice day on the ice!
-Chris

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #511 on: Mar 04, 2013, 02:59 PM »
heading down tomorrow thinking either lp or pendergrast. hows the ice in these areas
ice fishing for life

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #512 on: Mar 04, 2013, 04:47 PM »
Chaut reports...  ;D ;D ;D
Hit Mayville (7.5 fow) this morning.  Windy and cold, Ice was great, drag was easy.
Lots of dinks, but landed and keep 8 perch at the 10" range.  Always a welcome suprise!  Kept a few palm sized gills too.
Great day on the ice.
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline bernieb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #513 on: Mar 04, 2013, 04:57 PM »
Has anyone fished the Bell Tower lately?

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #514 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:28 PM »
hit 36 ft off pendergast .. drag wasnt bad plenty of ice   ,,, DINKVILLE !!!!!!!!!!!!
youngster

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #515 on: Mar 04, 2013, 08:09 PM »
anymore reports from today in mayville i hope i can hook into those musky or a musky  and get some big perch and gills  good luck fishing

Offline FISHN NIK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #516 on: Mar 04, 2013, 09:53 PM »
Be careful,muskies are out of season so its best not for to try for them,never know who's watching.

Offline Magellan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Magellan took a Chance!!
« Reply #517 on: Mar 05, 2013, 07:48 AM »
 ;)  Fished Kinzua 6 days over the past three weeks.  Limits of walleyes for the first two weeks, but seems to be slowing down lately.  Biggest eye was 22 inches.  Also caught 26 jumbo perch, 4 pike over 26 inches, 1 channel cat, and a couple of crappies.  Ice is very good (6+ inches of hard ice).  Find the structure and key depth changes.

Fished at least 4 days at Chautauqua from Burtis to Mayville.  Nice perch in certain spots (just need to find them).  Limits on jumbo gills on a couple of those days.  Crappies are spotty, but they are biting when you find them.

It's been a wonderful ice season between these two lakes.  Freezer is filling up fast.

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #518 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:19 AM »
;)  Fished Kinzua 6 days over the past three weeks.  Limits of walleyes for the first two weeks, but seems to be slowing down lately.  Biggest eye was 22 inches.  Also caught 26 jumbo perch, 4 pike over 26 inches, 1 channel cat, and a couple of crappies.  Ice is very good (6+ inches of hard ice).  Find the structure and key depth changes.

Fished at least 4 days at Chautauqua from Burtis to Mayville.  Nice perch in certain spots (just need to find them).  Limits on jumbo gills on a couple of those days.  Crappies are spotty, but they are biting when you find them.

It's been a wonderful ice season between these two lakes.  Freezer is filling up fast.
Where do you access the ice at Kinzua? I've always wanted to try it just didn't know where.
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The greatest international fisherman.
« Reply #519 on: Mar 05, 2013, 12:07 PM »
My friend Thomas and I fished yesterday from 6am till dark. We packed a nice healthy lunch. We started the day limiting out on eyes, and then moved into perch grounds. Caught fish, between the two of us, in upwards of 300+. We through back 3/4 of them and maxed out a few 5 gallon buckets with 9+ inchers. The best day yet on Chautauqua. Although tired at the end of the day, we made a fabulous meal together. With panko-lime crusted walleye filets fried in bacon grease, perch dipped in tequila batter served with homemade horseradish relish and a side of italian roasted potatos. Thomas was funny. His belly was so full he popped a button on his trousers and sewed it back on with some homemade catgut.
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2022 - Featured in Jan In-Fisherman Magazine
2019- MVP of Flag Football over 65 league
1992 - 2022 Voted the best Ice Angler in Upstate
2020 - NY Times Best Seller for Propane Crockpot Book
2017 - Iceshanty.com Hall of Fame Inductee
2016 - Voted Best Grandpa in Upstate NY again.
2018 - Donated 1MM to Help Rebuild Afrikan Nation
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.
2022 - Micro-dehydrating propane cookbook debut on Amazon

Offline Magellan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Magellan took a Chance!!
« Reply #520 on: Mar 05, 2013, 12:21 PM »
You can access it in many areas. Best walleye fishing is out of willow bay at the northern end of PA or north of that if you have a reservation license. Sugar Bay is also another good area for walleyes (early ice), along with northerns and perch. Primarily all tip-up fishing.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #521 on: Mar 05, 2013, 01:56 PM »
You can access it in many areas. Best walleye fishing is out of willow bay at the northern end of PA or north of that if you have a reservation license. Sugar Bay is also another good area for walleyes (early ice), along with northerns and perch. Primarily all tip-up fishing.
where did you fish out of ? Pendergast, mayville?

Offline icefishingfreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #522 on: Mar 05, 2013, 02:31 PM »
hoping to get out this weekend on Chautauqua if the ice holds up for some last day walleye fishin, need to know where they'v been biting. would really appreciate it ASAP. thanks !

Offline navychief

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #523 on: Mar 05, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Went out today at Mayville, ice was 7-10inches everywhere. Lots of dinks but I did manage to get a couple nice perch and gills, all on jigs tipped with spikes. I fished from 3ft to 15 ft, seemed fish were more active deeper earlier in the day and as the day progressed I moved a lot and the bite got shallow. I hope this helps anyone heading out next couple of days.

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #524 on: Mar 05, 2013, 05:59 PM »
I like the sound of the panko lime walleyes, yummy
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline trebblehook

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time to walk on water!
« Reply #525 on: Mar 05, 2013, 06:56 PM »
First one on the ice at Mayville this morning...lots of dinks in the first set of holes...moved 50 yrds and started getting bigger gills. Ended up with 40 gills, 2 calies, and 2 perch. Caught 3 largemouths also. With the camera, it was easier to pick and choose, and also noticed that downsizing to a very tiny horizontal jig made a big difference. Tipped with wax worm or perch eyes. Saw 1 musky too.

Offline icefishingfreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #526 on: Mar 05, 2013, 07:08 PM »
i need to know where there hittin

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #527 on: Mar 05, 2013, 10:09 PM »
fished mayville had one of my best days on the ice manage a few 10 some 9  lots 8's  and lots of 7's talked to  this other guy  and he  was catching lots of undersize  crappies and manage  of few keepers and some nice bluegills  too about 20 guys out on the ice and lots of snowmoblies too   a guy was flying a small plane  and landing of the ice and taking off about 3 times  pretty cool to see that  great day lots of sun and blue skies and no wind

Offline jerrybud55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #528 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:03 PM »
Any suggestions of where to go for a first timer to Chautauqua? coming from the east on I86 heading west.  Looking for pan fish(gills,perch&crappie).  It's a 2 hr drive so i wanna make most of my time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #529 on: Mar 06, 2013, 01:11 AM »
burtis bay, mid way  park vikings club , mayville ,and long point are all good places to fish perch gills and crappies calies calico's   you can stop at hogan hut bait shop and skip the guy that run the bait shop  can tell you where to fish or give him a call at hogan hut  in stow new york

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #530 on: Mar 06, 2013, 04:47 AM »

Not asking for spot on spot, where have you been fishing out of ? Want to head out monday for some eyes. Was planning on starting around pendergast.

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #531 on: Mar 06, 2013, 09:25 AM »

Not asking for spot on spot, where have you been fishing out of ? Want to head out monday for some eyes. Was planning on starting around pendergast.
They have been getting a few at Mission Meadows. You park at the Viking Club and go out to your right. There will be others out there. Best at night or dawn and dusk. A few at Long Point also.
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

luv2fish2

« Reply #532 on: Mar 06, 2013, 10:13 AM »
prendergrast point take a hard right off the launch into whitney bay of the end off creek 25-28 feet at dusk lotta people walking off snug harbor road turns into a city at dusk saw a 26+ incher caught last night buddy caught a fat 17 1/2"  lotta small perch good 8-10" inches off ice, couple of sleds and a four wheeler out

Offline crowbuster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • save a crow catch a fish
« Reply #533 on: Mar 06, 2013, 10:56 AM »
what is ice condition at pendergast

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #534 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:36 AM »
Ice is good.  Lts of sleds and 4 wheelers.  8 - 10 inches.
Man did not create the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself" CHEIF SEATTLE 1854
Member N.E.W.C  Northeastern Walleye Circuit
Member of NAIFC "North American Ice Fishing Circuit" 2002 Pro-AM Qualifier                      
Member of W.I.F.L.  Wisconsin Ice Fishing League
Some guys fish the lunar cycle, others fish the tidal cycle, I fish the Menstrual cycle.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #535 on: Mar 06, 2013, 12:15 PM »
prendergrast point take a hard right off the launch into whitney bay of the end off creek 25-28 feet at dusk lotta people walking off snug harbor road turns into a city at dusk saw a 26+ incher caught last night buddy caught a fat 17 1/2"  lotta small perch good 8-10" inches off ice, couple of sleds and a four wheeler out
Wow ! Thanks for the info !!!! That was where i was going to start my target monday morning....... Thanks again !

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The greatest international fisherman.
« Reply #536 on: Mar 06, 2013, 02:20 PM »
How's the ice?
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2022 - Featured in Jan In-Fisherman Magazine
2019- MVP of Flag Football over 65 league
1992 - 2022 Voted the best Ice Angler in Upstate
2020 - NY Times Best Seller for Propane Crockpot Book
2017 - Iceshanty.com Hall of Fame Inductee
2016 - Voted Best Grandpa in Upstate NY again.
2018 - Donated 1MM to Help Rebuild Afrikan Nation
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.
2022 - Micro-dehydrating propane cookbook debut on Amazon

Offline Chautauqua Lake Eddy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • RETIRED
« Reply #537 on: Mar 06, 2013, 02:42 PM »
whats with all the little perch's?  kill'em all boys .  this is not good for lake.
Self Proclaimed Crappie King, Chautauqua Lake.
SouthernTier Sportsmans Federation
Port Richey Home owners Assoc.- Treasurer

Offline thegoods

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #538 on: Mar 06, 2013, 02:48 PM »
they should have perch tourney at chautauqua instead of that other tourney they were gona have.   heaviest 50 perch limit wins. ha

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #539 on: Mar 06, 2013, 03:17 PM »
should be no limit on them.   
Man did not create the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself" CHEIF SEATTLE 1854
Member N.E.W.C  Northeastern Walleye Circuit
Member of NAIFC "North American Ice Fishing Circuit" 2002 Pro-AM Qualifier                      
Member of W.I.F.L.  Wisconsin Ice Fishing League
Some guys fish the lunar cycle, others fish the tidal cycle, I fish the Menstrual cycle.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.