Author Topic: Automatic Jigger Robot  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Robinson18

• IceShanty Rookie
Automatic Jigger Robot
« on: Feb 06, 2018, 10:04 PM »
I'm new to this forum, but I'm hoping to hear some input on a possible new product. I have created a programable robotic ice fishing jigger that any ice fishing rod can be attached to. I had built it for my own purpose and use, but have had few people show lots of interest into it, but wondering if people would honestly want one or feel that it is truly useful. At this point I have programmed it with 8 pre-made jigging patterns, and a 9th pattern that randomly changes through the patterns. Anywhere from small twitches to large jigging strokes, or very light rising twitches up to 2 feet and drop back down. it also has optional random time delays in between 2 set values you pick (ie. between 1 - 10 seconds)where it rests in between jig patterns which works really well and also saves alot of battery life. theres settings where you can change the speed from super fast to super slow, make it do more subtle jigs or more erratic jigs when changing motor directions, adjustable resting height, battery voltage sensor, and many other things I have plans on adding to it. the whole device is fairly small, and runs on 3 or 6AA batteries. from my experience using them this winter i can easily get 20+ hours of jigging (2 days of fishing and still going) on 6AA batteries with it running at regular speed and time delays between 1 and 10 seconds. at this point i have only done any real work to the electrical/coding/sensor parts and the structure is just made out of plywood, and the platform that sits on the ice is easily half of the whole thing. i am planning on eventually working on the mechanical part as i am sure i can make it very compact, but i would really invest my time into this project if people were really interested in something like this. I am currently working on a bite detection and alarm system, then next a wireless alarm system. then maybe swap the led indicator lights for settings to a small LCD. let me know what yous think about this product or if you have any ideas otherwise. thanks!

Offline IDAHOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Automatic Jigger Robot
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2018, 10:30 PM »
Sounds Intriguing -- Maybe you can post some photos or videos, but then again if you are still developing this, maybe concerned about patent rights ?
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2018, 10:45 PM »
It already been done but if you can make something similar but affordable it might sell. The gill o tine is an example theres a couple others just google it.

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2018, 10:45 PM »
Sounds similar to the Gil-O-Tine that is on the market.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2018, 10:48 PM »
Currently its $450 to go fishing and not fish

Offline Robinson18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2018, 11:10 PM »
I just googled it. Not exactly the same as what I built, but yes same concept. But, with the armature on that device it can only make jig strokes as long as maybe 6” and the rod has to be set up into it. Mines basically a rod holder that you just put it in the holder and it jigs the rod itself, and I’m not exactly sure how much of a markup you need in order to have enough income but the materials while buying each component individually costs me less than 8$, minus the mechanical part which at this point is just plywood.. plus I live in Ontario and which we’re aloud 2 lines, so just to cover more water you could jig a rod by hand with a flasher, then set the robot somewhere else to cover water

Offline Jayice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2018, 12:06 AM »
Go all out on it and reamber me your ice shanty brother when your rich

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2018, 12:12 AM »
 With the gill o time they packed so much tech and features into the thing imo they priced themselves outta being an option for most. Not my cup off of tea but it's quite the piece of equipment. I think people would buy something more in $40-60  range and it sounds like you could probably do that.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2018, 03:14 AM »
There’s also the SIKU and SIKU X.

https://www.profishapp.com/

DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Hooked up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2018, 05:16 AM »
I think if you keep the price and weight down you will be able to successful market them. The ones I seen are very expensive and nobody likes to add weight to their gear. Good Luck with your venture.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2018, 12:18 PM »
most of the robo-jiggers i've seen so far are too bulky, heavy, and pricey for my liking. as others have said, if you keep it lightweight, portable, and affordable, you should have ice anglers clambering to buy the last one on the shelf. i know i have plenty of use for an automatic jigging machine, but the current prices are prohibitive, and i don't have room for something the size of a car battery in my sled. *coughgil-o-tinecough*

Offline jlbrownie_1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2018, 03:26 PM »
What next? a programmable cyborg to drill your holes from in-fisherman gps coordinates with five extendable appendages programmable to jig the top five proven field and stream jigging techniques? It also photo shops your face with a jimmy huston giggle sound bite in a kissing picture for your facebook achievements? When is enough going to be enough?             

Offline manitron2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2018, 03:47 PM »
Currently its $450 to go fishing and not fish

:laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:
Get off the fence and protect your rights!

Offline IDAHOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2018, 06:20 PM »
There’s also the SIKU and SIKU X.

https://www.profishapp.com/
Wow!  to be honest, I never knew such a thing even existed!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Wow!  to be honest, I never knew such a thing even existed!

“The times, they are a changin.”

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2018, 06:50 PM »
I have a friend that worked on the SIKU project and would have to say its a idea that has pro's and con's. never got to take it too field just at home. I would say its like a tool you have that mite only be used once in a blue moon.  Think of the screwdriver and drill both do same job but if you can use the drill you will. I would say for they people that like a beer in hand while they fish you could be a over achiever and double fist. the price is a factor for me not going to drop 400 on it.
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.