The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: AIS article  (Read 1370 times)

Offline ClearCreek

• Team IceShanty Addict
AIS article
« on: Jan 05, 2023, 02:41 PM »
Article on South Dakota's response to zebra mussels infestations:

https://www.sdnewswatch.org/stories/critics-say-south-dakota-governor-and-legislature-falling-short-in-preventing-spread-of-invasive-zebra-mussels/

It is a long article, but informative.

ClearCreek

Offline Dead Sea Cuffer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: AIS article
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2023, 11:01 AM »
Thanks for the good read clear creek ...It will be interesting to see what Wyoming g&f have planned for summer /spring at keyhole  and Glendo ..The designated hours and chaining off the launches is going to make for some pissed off patrons .I think there is a chit show in the making ......
"The cuff is strutting his stuff"

Offline ClearCreek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2023, 11:46 AM »
Thanks for the good read clear creek ...It will be interesting to see what Wyoming g&f have planned for summer /spring at keyhole  and Glendo ..The designated hours and chaining off the launches is going to make for some pissed off patrons .I think there is a chit show in the making ......

Plans are being formulated as we discuss this.

This for Keyhole: If enough people (to work as AIS inspectors) can be hired, all the boat ramps are scheduled to be open with AIS inspectors at those ramps working longer hours. 

So, if you know someone that is willing or wants to be as AIS inspector this summer, have them contact the Fisheries Crew at the Sheridan Regional G&F office.

ClearCreek

Offline Team H

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2023, 09:38 AM »
Good article. In my opinion, limiting access to the lake by routing all boats to one ramp and then restricting the times one can launch and be on the water at Keyhole isn't the answer. It was a mess last fall and really frustrating. There was already a check station prior to entering the lake area. Once inspected, one could go anywhere they wanted to launch.
Don't limit the peoples access and saddle us with restrictions of where you can launch and when you have to be off the water. That's ridiculous. We don't want the darn mussels either. Increase the enforcement and fines for non-compliance and for the ones who drive by the check stations.
What about those that live at the lake? Like Pine Haven or Glendo? They travel a mile to and from the lake to their house and never even see a different body of water. There should be a process for them to get an inspection and be good until they leave the community.
Don't get me wrong. We appreciate the efforts to keep the mussels out of our waters but please don't treat us like we're all a bunch of guilty criminals. 90%+ of us are in compliance. We just want to go fish and play. Go after the ones who aren't. Hit them where it hurts....in the wallet. Thanks for letting me rant!!!

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2023, 09:51 AM »
You guys keep all that funny business in Wyoming.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.