The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Possible new cordless drill auger  (Read 1548 times)

Offline MNgrouseguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Possible new cordless drill auger
« on: Sep 02, 2018, 11:34 AM »
I have been doing some research and am looking for some opinions on my future ice auger build. I currently own the Ryobi One+ line so I intend to use the new brushless Ryobi 18v hammer drill (p251) with 4ah battery. This drill has over 700 in/lb of torque. I want to use an 8 inch Eskimo silvertip hand auger. I am also thinking about adding the clam plate to this auger build. What are your thoughts.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Possible new cordless drill auger
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2018, 05:24 PM »
check ridgid brand for a one and done option. they offer life time warranty called lsa and ridgid buys your batteries and parts and labor for the rest of your life. i like to shop homedepot for their return policy called no hassle return policy. for any reason simply return any thing you buy from them with in 90 days.
i use this brand on job sites and any where i need cordless power tools.

thanks for joining us here!

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2018, 09:32 AM »
I also agree with Ridgid.  I would get the new hammer drill when it comes out to power a 8" auger.
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2018, 10:11 AM »
I use a Ridgid drill with the 7" Nero Mini Ice Auger. It's a great setup and I'd definitely recommend at least checking out the Nero auger vs. the eskimo as well. I think your Ryobi would work fine with this auger as well if you don't want to switch brands.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2018, 03:32 PM »
I think you would need the clam plate with the gearbox to push an 8" auger.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2018, 04:50 PM »
I have been doing some research and am looking for some opinions on my future ice auger build. I currently own the Ryobi One+ line so I intend to use the new brushless Ryobi 18v hammer drill (p251) with 4ah battery. This drill has over 700 in/lb of torque. I want to use an 8 inch Eskimo silvertip hand auger. I am also thinking about adding the clam plate to this auger build. What are your thoughts.

It will turn a silvertip. But will work it somewhat hard since your just over 700in/lb. move to an 8in shaver and you will be fine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.