Author Topic: Last trip season wrap up  (Read 647 times)

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
Last trip season wrap up
« on: Apr 08, 2017, 06:44 PM »
Hit the ice at Loon at dark this morning for what I hate to say is my last ice trip of the season.  :'(
The bite was almost nonexistent today. Didnt finish strong but an awesome sunrise and great day to be out nonetheless. The Gobblers echoing in the valley definitely told me spring is here.
Still 16" of ice, but the Northern edges are starting to break. With the temps in the forecast, i dont think I'd feel safe pushing it any further.
What a season its been! Longest I've had in several years. On the ice December 10, last trip April 8. Four months of ice fishing!
Doesnt get any better than that. 39 trips in all.
No PB's or record breakers this year, but TONS of good quality fish. Thanks for another great year IS.....Great to meet even more great fellow anglers this year.
Good luck to all on the open water!
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Last trip season wrap up
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2017, 07:33 PM »
Jason you had an awesome year. Did my last trip today managed 1 small bow only fished for an hour later in the day the wind was tough and the ice was sloppy. Good luck on the softwater.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
Re: Last trip season wrap up
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2017, 03:03 PM »
It was a great year. Glad you were able to get out and score!
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.