The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: trying to gather some info for a trip up north  (Read 340 times)

Offline icefishinfool247365

• Team IceShanty Regular
trying to gather some info for a trip up north
« on: Mar 01, 2009, 06:10 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey all i am trying to gather some information about either/both of higgins or houghton lakes there in michigan. I am coming from southwest ohio in order to just find some ice. We lost our ice 3 weeks ago to some wacky weather here and refuse to give up on finding ice for one more trip this year. If anybody could give me some information on these lakes it would be much appreciated. we are panfisherman so info about perch crappie bluegills would be most helpful. also maybe information on baitshops and ice conditions in the area would be greatly helpful. we are brand new to up there so i am at your mercy. thank you much, Zach.

Offline bigJ108

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: trying to gather some info for a trip up north
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2009, 07:30 AM »
hey icefishinfool.  here is a website i always check out before i go up.           http://www.houghtonlakefishing.com
they are usually a few days behind but it kind of gives you an idea what is happening on houghton.  i have always had good luck for gills on the south shore of houghton usually i hit there in the mornings and early afternoon then i pack up get something to eat maybe take a nap and then head over to higgins for the evening smelt.  i have never had any luck on higgins for gills or specks.  have caught a bunch of perch but all dinks.  that website is for a bait shop on houghton called Lymans.  they are very good in there and should be able to help you out and tell you where the fish are once you get there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.