The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lapons Bay Access  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Pike Panther

• IceShanty Rookie
Lapons Bay Access
« on: Mar 22, 2019, 12:11 PM »
Has anybody been there recently?  I was thinking about going Sunday for pike.  I'm wondering if anyone has run up on a wheeler from Hathaway or how they have been accessing the bay?

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
Re: Lapons Bay Access
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2019, 01:32 PM »
Either by atv from Hathaway’s or gotta know someone who will let you access via their camp
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline Pike Panther

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2019, 05:47 AM »
Thanks, we did manage to get there by ATV 3/24 from Killcare; could have easily drove my truck on the ice was so good.  Got some some good pike and a really nice batch of jumbo perch.  4 trucks were parked by the last camp on the southeast side.  Not sure if they had permission or if it's okay to park there?

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2019, 08:39 AM »
Hey pike panther , first time i clicked on your post as I didn't know anything about lapons bay.  Clicked this morning and see you mean lapans bay the bay between sampsons point and hathaway point.  Have always been able to get on by taking lapan rd. off of rt 36 just past black bridge , but have not been down there this season. Great area for pike,  on ice and with boat in the spring. Probably just as easy to go off at the end of hathaway point now that the state is leaving the gate open all winter.

Offline Pike Panther

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Hey Stick Eyes thanks for the tip.  I didn't think there was any place to park off Lapans Bay Rd.  I will have to check it out.  Thanks for pointing out the incorrect spelling on Lapans. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.