The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Late season ice  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Dickeymodo

• IceShanty Rookie
Late season ice
« on: Mar 23, 2019, 08:55 AM »
So I've got a friend flying out here on the 29th and we're planning on spending the 30th and 31st ice fishing, probably for Pike/Panfish/Bass, but would love to chase Lakers if possible. This has been my first season, so I really don't know how late season ice shakes out and what's what at that point. Missisquoi Bay? Memphremagog? Somewhere else?  I'm assuming the shorelines will be pretty broken up, so any planking/access/safe travel tips are also much appreciated. It's been a great winter and I'm going to try and keep it going as long as possible.

Offline Island_Viking

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Late season ice
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2019, 04:32 PM »
The bays in the inland seas should still be plenty good to fish by then. The shoreline maybe the biggest challenge. Plan on getting across and you should be all good. Watch for possible pockets of bad ice though. Definitely some surprise springs and pockets of rotting weeds that sneak up on ya.

Offline Trout471

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2019, 11:51 AM »
think the shore will still be locked or will we need a plank to get on
thanks john

Offline cbice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2019, 12:21 PM »
Fished Van Everest and St. Albans yesterday and they were fine.  Really just getting soft and slushy at the end of the day.  With the warmer weather later in the week mixed with the rain this weekend might do them in.  Still plenty of ice in the pike areas.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.