Author Topic: Fluorocarbon Tip Up Rig  (Read 998 times)

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
Fluorocarbon Tip Up Rig
« on: Jan 14, 2013, 10:04 PM »
 This is the rig I use for pike in my lake. The biggest pike in our lake is 47" inches long. I don't know if this rig can handle that but it is good for pike up to 10 pounds. I have caught 6 pike on it so far.

The rig is a little bit hard to see but it is 15" inches of 20 pound test professional grade fluorocarbon with a #4 Baitholder hook.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Fluorocarbon Tip Up Rig
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2013, 04:52 AM »
For bigger pike I like heavier. I use the rigs from Big Tooth Tackle. I have never had  problem.

WS

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2013, 09:01 AM »
 very similar to what I use, 20# fl but like the 3/0 cirlce, and have recently bought some wide gap hooks. Have heard lots of debate between the 2 of them, but to tell the truith, they lookd very similar. I like the corner of the mouth hook ups, and they ARE hooked, actually, hard to pull out. I have been tieing them about 30 in. only so upon checking for nicks, I have ample string to re tie. I s that a bead? or split shot?  Most of our  pike go from 20- 28 in., so I have not felt the need for heavier fl. Yet

Offline Spindoctor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2013, 11:56 AM »
Hey guys-what pound test Fireline do you think could substitute for wire pike leaders?
I'm guessing about 10 pounds.
What do you think?
Thanks in advance.
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.