Author Topic: AUGER WARS StrikeMaster Lite Flite ..Kdrill .Eskimo Pistol bit on Milwaukee Fuel  (Read 12451 times)

Offline ULTM8

• IceShanty Rookie
Few Factors to be considered and can actually be determined by knowing the drill(s) very well.

A)
2 of those are newer with plenty more torque (*Hammer Drill Handle is attached to Drill with Longer 'C' like clamps)
1 drill has a hammer drill handle attachment is only 1/2" gripped onto the drill, older drill and less torque.

B)
They don't show the batteries:
5ah xc is basic and can do the job for an entire day.
6ah xc is basic with a little long day run time.
6ah HO "High Output" upto 50% more power out to the drill (Milwaukee Drills Specialty)
9ah HD "High Demand" longer day use but not the 50% power boost

C)
Different Thickness of ICE where each Drill is stationed as only the people shifted and not the drills.

I'm a big believer in the StrikeMaster Lite Flite, but I did notice not same drills in the video.

Cheers,

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
I was one of the very first to buy into the Russian Auger Mini Nero and I own both a 6" and 8" and have never even tried the 6" out. The Nero flies through the ice with a 700 Inch pound Ridgid. Never really had a problem with it walking all over but I also am very carefull starting out. I can't imagine those coming out with the point on them but would think they would give anything a run for the money. This year I plan on using the 6" mostly until deeper ice. THen it is back to my recently bought M51 Eskimo Gas auger which I bought at the end of last season. I sold my old Z51 and loved it but THe M51 is just as good and was very cheap. I figure I am only 66 and that weight isn't nothing that bothers me yet. Maybe when I am 76.

Lefty I picked up a nero last year because of your reviews, love it! Now that Im using it with the drill attachment the auger has a TON of wobble. The two fully threaded bolts that hold the auger to the bit dont securely hold the assembly together. Do you use shims? I removed the handle on the nero because its useless, but would really like to eliminate the wobble as it causes lots of issues. Any tips?
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Lefty I picked up a nero last year because of your reviews, love it! Now that Im using it with the drill attachment the auger has a TON of wobble. The two fully threaded bolts that hold the auger to the bit dont securely hold the assembly together. Do you use shims? I removed the handle on the nero because its useless, but would really like to eliminate the wobble as it causes lots of issues. Any tips?

Try some tape and Loctite ..would be my solution.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline earlyrise

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Try some tape and Loctite ..would be my solution.

My buddy did this to his HT E-Drill (cousin to the Nero) works fine..on a Clam Plate …also I am not familiar with the Nero two bolt system but adding a nylon nut could elevate some issues ..but this may require a longer bolt/screw.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just picked up the 8in Strikemaster Lite Flite as a potential replacement for my 8in ION X, going to try out the Lite Flight this weekend and if all goes well, the ION X may be up for sale

Also have the 6in K-drill that I like, got the 8in Lite Flite for $50 less that the 8in K-Drill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.