Author Topic: TUCR Quick Tip  (Read 2046 times)

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
TUCR Quick Tip
« on: Oct 09, 2023, 10:07 AM »
I picked up a couple of these used to add to the growing stock in the garage.  Any personal reviews?

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: TUCR Quick Tip
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2023, 10:34 AM »
One of my favorite rods. Fished large tunstens jigs and small spoons. Broke it one year and of course they are no longer made. If you don't like them I'd pay good money for one as long as it's not a short one. Bought one that was a I think a 28" on here, liked my 32" much better

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2023, 09:15 PM »
Same here.  Take steps to protect that tip.  Nice rod but my fix was to wrap in an Ice Strong spring bobber.  It works fine but so would a chunk of rebar with a spring bobber. I like my TUCR Fusion better.

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2023, 10:18 AM »
I received both of them in the mail today....in one piece, thank goodness.  They are 32's, one split one regular grip, and look to be in great shape!  I used to really like the 13 fishing snitch rod for perch/small walleye and hope/expect this to be a significant upgrade in quality while on the same line for application.  As all have said, protect the tip seems to be the key! 

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2023, 11:54 AM »
I received both of them in the mail today....in one piece, thank goodness.  They are 32's, one split one regular grip, and look to be in great shape!  I used to really like the 13 fishing snitch rod for perch/small walleye and hope/expect this to be a significant upgrade in quality while on the same line for application.  As all have said, protect the tip seems to be the key!

Storage was what killed mine. Put it in a bucket instead of my case, reel must've turned . The way the blank transitions leaves it pretty vulnerable to breaking when the line is pulled straight towards the reel. I suppose warranty issues due to misuse were behind them no longer making the rod.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2023, 05:35 PM »
Glad they arrived in good shape.  I thought it fished well and they should serve you well with any perch and most eyes.  Tight Lines!

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2023, 06:04 PM »
I think I have a plan for storage/transport but time will tell.  I'm switching from the eagle claw case with 6 combos and the 2B XL rod case with 4 combos to either the Otter 48 Deep or the Plano Ice Hunter.  Either one of those should hold my 10 combos securely/safely, and house the couple I have that are 42 and 45 inches.  Then I would plan on mostly bringing 4 combos out on the ice with me in the 2B XL case when space/weight is an issue.  Those big cases aren't cheap but when these rods are $100-$150 each it's seems worth it. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.