Author Topic: Tucr bullwhip  (Read 3145 times)

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Tucr bullwhip
« on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:27 PM »
For those that have one how does it differ from the precision noodle rod?

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tucr bullwhip
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:42 PM »
No idea what yer talkin about..

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:51 PM »
I really want one of the bull whips. Idk for sure but I believe the bullwhip backbone comes out a long ways with a soft tip all of a sudden at the end as to where the noodle is a lot longer of a softer tip. The noodle still has a good backbone though.

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:59 PM »
From the description on their website i am assuming they must trim an inch or two off the tip as they say its good for 5mm tungsten and 1/16 spoons. Just making sure the tip is not the same as the precision. Trying to build one that is similar for a buddy.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2016, 10:44 PM »
Today's (sunday) in depth outdoors video had an explination in it. Its on youtube.. Search "south dakota perch walleye crappie" and it will pop up.

Appears to be stiffer blank.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2016, 10:55 PM »
yeah its a completely different blank, not a trimmed precision. It has a larger diameter backbone and handle area - its a little heavier in the tip but not by much. The blank was designed to tame larger 'gills and decent sized crappie where a precision is more of a finesse 'gill blank. Overall the bullwhip has a faster action and slightly stiffer backbone

Catchin' Fish

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2016, 07:44 AM »
I have both rods, the main difference I have found (only used the Bullwhip for 3 outings so far)  is that there is much more backbone to it. The tip seems very close to the same as the Precision Noodle, just a little stiffer but not by much

I dont have enough time in on the Bullwhip yet to get a better comparison. I need to try using the same baits on each to see how each rod handles it

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2016, 08:14 AM »
I only have used my Bullwhip, to whip bulls. Whip 'em good.
Anyone can be a fisherman in May...E.H.

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2016, 08:17 AM »
LOVE my bullwhip.  Action is quite different than the noodle. The tip is noodle then it transitions to a solid backbone. Great rod for crappie, perch and picky eyes. If you need to see the action I can post a pic
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2016, 12:22 PM »
LOVE my bullwhip.  Action is quite different than the noodle. The tip is noodle then it transitions to a solid backbone. Great rod for crappie, perch and picky eyes. If you need to see the action I can post a pic
a pic of the action would be awesome! This is sounding alot like the action of a DH Custon Al Dente. Anyone have both to compare?

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2016, 02:06 PM »
Didn't realize how hard it'd be to take a pic and show the action at the same time 😅hope these help. The tip can fold back on itself it's so soft

Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.