Author Topic: Car/shanty accident  (Read 7099 times)

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Car/shanty accident
« Reply #30 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:53 PM »
fozsey ... no im not joking ... both drivers are at fault ... and in Pa both would be ticketed even if the lady driver was the cause of the accident ...

Point is use some common sense people ... drive safe ... drive smart and obey the law

mike

If that happened here in Iowa there is a law on the books called contributary neglegence and yes the driver of the PU could have been cited for improper lighting, but since the incident involved no apparant injuries the driver of the car would still be 100% liable for the damages to the vehicle. If it had happened in total darkness the circumstances could be deemed differently. Please don't think I was attacking you personally. I was just poking in fun, ok? There is only one person here I intentionlly irritate and he hides... ;D

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:57 PM »
no harm ... no foul fozsey ... i just wanted to point out that there are other factors involed thats all believe me over the years of running rescue i have seen it all you name it ... i have seen it and some of the stuff is not pretty

mike
Git - R - Done !!!

Offline twodoggs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice hard, so fish hard.  but keep it fun.
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2005, 02:10 PM »
I'm with you mjc.  Thats the first thing I noticed after seeing where she parked her car.  I challenge any of you guys to see how you would react if you were driving down a high rated a 65 or 70mph and came up on a guy doing 35mph.  I know it would piss me off as it has happened to me.  (no I did not hit any one)  BUt it is amazing how fast that distance closes up between a vehicle traveling half your speed.  and If you are not expecting it ie no warning lights  i bet you would get pretty close too.  Black fish house black road  hard to tell in the evening.

My point is put lights on your trailer and drive a resonable speed for the road you are on.  THere was enough blame to go around here.  hopefully they both learned and he enjoys his next fish house and gets it very soon.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2005, 02:51 PM »
The only thing you can say is there day sucked!!!!!!!!!!!
          Jim

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2005, 03:05 PM »
I'm with you mjc.  Thats the first thing I noticed after seeing where she parked her car.  I challenge any of you guys to see how you would react if you were driving down a high rated a 65 or 70mph and came up on a guy doing 35mph.  I know it would piss me off as it has happened to me.  (no I did not hit any one)  BUt it is amazing how fast that distance closes up between a vehicle traveling half your speed.  and If you are not expecting it ie no warning lights  i bet you would get pretty close too.  Black fish house black road  hard to tell in the evening.

My point is put lights on your trailer and drive a resonable speed for the road you are on.  THere was enough blame to go around here.  hopefully they both learned and he enjoys his next fish house and gets it very soon.

OK, I am going to be totally serious for a sec.

Assuming this wasn't an interstate highway system with minimum speed requirements the person pulling the house had no less right to be there than the girl regardless of the speed he was driving. We live in rural farming communities and encounter slow moving vehicles every day. That doesn't excuse someones reckless driving or give them a reason not to pay attention to what is going on around them. Officers have vehicles stopped on the same stretch of highway weekly if not daily I will guarantee you and would have had an equal chance of being struck by this driver. It happens every day. She wasn't paying attention and wasn't in control of her vehicle bottom line and that is what I would cite her for. I also would have seriously considered her statement of speed if she was significantly over the posted limit and if possible recovered the black box from her car to verify the speed on impact. The car looks like its prob. a little too old.

Regarding the lighting on the trailer or the lack of as you are indicating is possible, even if there was no lighting there at all it would not have been a contributing factor IMO due to the fact that he was moving and not stopped. There would have been no visible lights lit, nor would there have been a requirement for them to be lit. However, if the owner of the trailer didn't have the required lighting he could have been cited for that and then it simply becomes a civil matter between the two insurance companies. Hers will pay.

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline TylersDad03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 07, 2005, 03:15 PM »
two junk chevys they were the cause of the accident.LOL ( just kidding)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2005, 03:30 PM »
Looks like a keeper to me!

Offline mattmull10

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Not bad, but i can do better!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 07, 2005, 04:48 PM »
Come on all, your missing the major cause of this accident, it wasnt the cell phone or improper lighting.............. ................. IT WAS A FEMALE BEHIND THE WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!  The first amendmant of common sense states and I quote "Thou shall never let a woman touch anything mechanical"  :clap:  They cant drive, run a lawn mower, start a power auger or anything of that nature.  Driving takes common sense and well our female counter parts just dont have it.................... ...................... ....HAHA

Just kidding all  ;D   well maybe...........

Matt
My new Motto for the New Year #@%& it i'm going fishing

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2005, 05:04 PM »
Cant believe it didnt end up on top of the cab.
No need for a sensless accident like that!!!!

jigginman

« Reply #39 on: Jan 07, 2005, 06:03 PM »
Fozsey-you have a good point-well said!!! The posted speed limit is 65 mph and no min speed limit since it is not an interstate hiway.

jigginman

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 07, 2005, 06:29 PM »
Come on all, your missing the major cause of this accident, it wasnt the cell phone or improper lighting.............. ................. IT WAS A FEMALE BEHIND THE WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!  The first amendmant of common sense states and I quote "Thou shall never let a woman touch anything mechanical"  :clap:  They cant drive, run a lawn mower, start a power auger or anything of that nature.  Driving takes common sense and well our female counter parts just dont have it.................... ...................... ....HAHA

Just kidding all  ;D   well maybe...........

Matt

Don't blame it on Illinois. Our states female drivers are no worse than any other states. No matter where you go in the country it cant get any worse  ;) ;D ;D ;D :P
Also at least another chevy is off the road. they seem to weed themselfs out. See,.........The Cause Of That There Acident Was That Neither Vehicle Was Built Ford Tough. and both are doing what chevies do best. sit there like a rock. !!!!!!!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Just havin fun

Offline PAcatchreleaseman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *happiness is 2 flags at once!*
« Reply #41 on: Jan 07, 2005, 08:26 PM »
....and i bet that chevy'd a pulled that mess all the way to the lake w/o a hiccup. ;D 8)

and if it was me on the way to the lake when this happened, thats exactly where we'da ended up doing the "paperwork"- "excuse me officer could you hold my proof of insurance, i have a flag up!" :D

"You Gotta GET-HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMM!!!!!"

Offline wisicefishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 07, 2005, 10:53 PM »
I hope that the guy gets his new shanty for next year and he can start out new, and try in all over again.  I feel sorry for the guy, but at least he gets a new shack from the girls insurence company out of it. 

Offline Icemanjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 07, 2005, 11:32 PM »
I say the guy gets the car to fish from and the girl has to icefish at -20 with wind out in the open so she will appreciate the horror she has caused. ;D
Here fishy fishy fishy, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to catch you!

Offline Gator-Bait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Hear they Taste like Chicken
« Reply #44 on: Jan 08, 2005, 08:25 AM »
I saw this Shanty on  Ebay just the Side view was there. Sold as is Also car was not sticking out of it also.Leave it up to a woman to mess up a man's fishing everytime!!!
Pull my Finger not my Leg

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #45 on: Jan 08, 2005, 08:29 AM »
LMAO  :D
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #46 on: Jan 08, 2005, 01:02 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken here there is an opportunity for an invention here ...
A shanty with a garage ???   ::)

I've seen stranger things on the ice.
                  ???

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jan 09, 2005, 07:26 AM »
Maybe that was the guys wife or girlfriend, your goin where ? I think not. LOL. Stupider things have happened.
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #48 on: Jan 09, 2005, 07:52 AM »
Hope insurance covers soiled undies ;D
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.