Author Topic: Car/shanty accident  (Read 7100 times)

Knife2sharp

Car/shanty accident
« on: Jan 07, 2005, 08:31 AM »
Only in Minnie-sota dontcha know.  :o 

This happened on New Years Eve off Hwy 10 East of Frazee.  The people driving the truck were almost in shock when they finally figured out what had happened.

The girl in the car said, "I was only going 77mph."  The guy driving the pick-up was only going 35mph.  Thankfully and unbelievably no one was hurt.

camo_fish

Re: Car/shanty accident
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2005, 08:34 AM »
wow,  :o that has to suck. no shack on the ice this year for him.  :'( that really sucks.  >:( And really p*ss*d off, too.  :-\ back to the drawing board, I guess a new shanty is in hand here.  :D

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2005, 08:43 AM »
I can not even look at this...makes me cringe!  :o.   Let me guess,,,she was going 77mph while on the cell phone and putting on make up, all in  the slow lane?  That's just criminal!  Well,  that used to me a nice shanty and nice truck,   bummer!                J

hali-man

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2005, 08:56 AM »
WOW!
Did she think it was her carport or something?
Hello? Is there anybody in there?
I think I would have... >:(

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2005, 09:20 AM »
What a shame, no shanty this year.
She was only doing 77 and not paying attention.

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2005, 09:39 AM »
Minnesota is the only state I have been in that flash signs on the overpasses that say its icey out and it makes no difference. I was going to Ely one year snowmobiling. It started snowing and blowing and I had a car pass me and disappear ahead of me followed by a huge poof of snow in the center median. I look over and this idiot is riding his car in the median like a Polaris Indy right beside me. Pretty soon he disappeared again and popped back up on the interstate, did a little fishy fishy and away he went. I nearly wet myself laughing, but it wasn't really funny. He could have killed a bunch of people including me and my cousin. The sad part is I saw 20 or more cars in the median and off to my side all the way to the fence from the twin cities to Deluth. Instead of flashing signs saying its icy out maybe they shouid make a huge sign every 2 miles saying "SLOW DOWN DUM#$% OR YOUR GONNA DIE, GET IT!"

Glad everyone was ok

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2005, 09:56 AM »
Must have thought it was a drive up window. 
Hello, I'd like an order of fillet of fish to go!!!

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline panfishpmp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2005, 10:10 AM »
I had read about this.... She was on the cell phone and this shack had never even seen the ice yet. i was brand new!!

Kevin Kiffmeyer
Kevin Kiffmeyer

Offline lund94

• IceShanty Rookie
  • icediver
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2005, 10:14 AM »
Just read the license plate   ---- it explains everything. ;D

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2005, 10:24 AM »
It looks like the back window on the truck is blown out.  Is this right?
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline zaraspooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • on top rocks
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2005, 10:26 AM »
Hey now Lund.......We all dont drive like that.....

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 07, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Oh my, first all that beer and now this. Is someone trying to tell us something ??? Honey get the duct tape, I think I can save her ;D

Offline Pike an Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Dead Sea 04"
« Reply #12 on: Jan 07, 2005, 10:38 AM »
Honey get my gaff, the big one is coming in the shanty ::)

icefish1

« Reply #13 on: Jan 07, 2005, 10:39 AM »
Yes, the plate does tell the story.      ;D

Hope no one was hurt  

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 07, 2005, 10:45 AM »
I wonder if her car insurance will pay for a new shack?

Hey Foszey,  all those cars were in the ditch because of the slow cars they were trying to get around!  :roflmao: :wacko: ;)2
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #15 on: Jan 07, 2005, 11:02 AM »
I had read about this.... She was on the cell phone and this shack had never even seen the ice yet. i was brand new!!

Kevin Kiffmeyer

My off the wall guess about the cell phone was right on the money i guess.  :o ;D

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 07, 2005, 11:25 AM »
I wonder if her car insurance will pay for a new shack?

Hey Foszey,  all those cars were in the ditch because of the slow cars they were trying to get around!  :roflmao: :wacko: ;)2

I got where I was going, maybe not fast, but I got there. I wanted to roll the ol' window down and ask em "Hows it workin for ya?"  :roflmao: :clap:

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #17 on: Jan 07, 2005, 12:14 PM »
whats the lisence plate say, i cant read it!

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 07, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Crazy!, JUST PLAIN CRAZY!

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:02 PM »
In Minnesota you get the death penalty for smashing an ice shanty with a car.

Offline gair-z

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:02 PM »
Is that an Illinois plate?  kinda lightish blue
Pres.    Cuba Lake Crappie Killers (pre Ice Shanty) (defunct)
2007 1st place Cuba Lake Wizard tourney - Perch
2013 1st place DSO Ice Tourney - Bluegill

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:27 PM »
I know its easy to blame the other driver (in this case this lady)  ... but lets look at the whole picture here ... first there seems to be no marking lights on the trailer (unless if its underneath it) , theres no warning flag (you know the high flouresent ones that tractors and other slow moving vehicles are supposed to have) and the truck driver dosent have the extra wide towing mirrors on his vehicle how can he see whats behind that shanty ... I know 2 wrongs dont make a right ... in this case the car driver was driving to fast and probaly on a cell phone ... but other safe driving practices or laws were broken here as well ... but it is a shame to lose a nice shanty like that ... hopefully no one was seriously hurt

mike
Git - R - Done !!!

hali-man

« Reply #22 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:31 PM »
Are you a cop? 8)

Offline Deposit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm ready for some ice now!!!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:34 PM »
while I agree that two wrongs don't make a right...but isn't it the responsibilty of the driver to pay attention!!! I mean thats like a major rear ender here. Its the same as if a farmer was driving down the road with his tractor. simple fact is here the lady wasn't paying attention.
"How like fish we are: ready, nay eager, to seize upon whatever new thing some wind of circumstance shakes down upon the river of time! And how we rue our haste, finding the gilded morsel to contain a hook"

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:37 PM »
Not buying that Mike ;) If the car driver had been paying attention to the road ahead she should have been able to avoid this accident. Now if the shack had come off the trailer because it wasn't secured properly, then maybe we could blame the now homeless ice fishermen.

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:41 PM »
Are you a cop? 8)

no im not a cop ... i do belong to a fire company and run rescue thou ... in Pennsylvania ... i know this is another state but in Pa the driver of the truck is supposed to have warning lights on the trailer , its supposed to be marked in some fashion be it a flag or one of those slow moving vehicle markers ... and being he couldnt see around the shanty with the mirrors he has it should have had the towing mirrors on ... thats 3 unsafe driving violations that he would have been ticketed for if he were driving in Pa .... and the lady with the car would have been in violation also if she were on a cell phone ...

Point is there are many carless drivers out there you dont only have to worry about yourself you also have to worry about others ... drive safe , drive smart and obey the laws

mike
Git - R - Done !!!

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:42 PM »
I know its easy to blame the other driver (in this case this lady)  ... but lets look at the whole picture here ... first there seems to be no marking lights on the trailer (unless if its underneath it) , theres no warning flag (you know the high fluorescent ones that tractors and other slow moving vehicles are supposed to have) and the truck driver docent have the extra wide towing mirrors on his vehicle how can he see whats behind that shanty ... I know 2 wrongs dint make a right ... in this case the car driver was driving to fast and probably on a cell phone ... but other safe driving practices or laws were broken here as well ... but it is a shame to lose a nice shanty like that ... hopefully no one was seriously hurt

mike

Your Joking.....right??  ??? This lady hit the back of basically a trailer that was traveling in the same direction she was going in broad daylight. GUILTY! BAILIFF, PLEASE PLACE THE DEFENDANT IN CUSTODY. I WILL REVIEW HER CASE IN A YEAR OR TWO. GAVEL DOWN! I"M GOING TO LUNCH.  :thumbsup:

Sorry, I am just ribbin you a little. It is possible that there was no lightning on the rear of the shack as required by the DOT. That however would only diminish the culpability of her slightly, not even come close to removing it. However, Jonny c**krin might be able to get her off...and the lights that might have been on the trailer are probably in her glovebox... :roflmao:

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:48 PM »
fozsey ... no im not joking ... both drivers are at fault ... and in Pa both would be ticketed even if the lady driver was the cause of the accident ...

Point is use some common sense people ... drive safe ... drive smart and obey the law

mike
Git - R - Done !!!

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:49 PM »
That is crazy, freaky!!!
I FISH, THEREFORE I AM, IN SEARCH OF THE HEDI MOGIN !!!!HAVE ROD WILL TRAVEL!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Fishhead4268/IceShanty_Banner21.png

hali-man

« Reply #29 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:52 PM »
...and the lights that might have been on the trailer are probably in her glovebox...

:P

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.