Author Topic: Aqua view camera is a panfish. What do you do if..........  (Read 1308 times)

Offline dwaytkus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If she loves you, she will clean them!
Ok the camera part of the aqua view is a panfish.. What do you do if a 10lb pike comes up to it?  Anyone had such an experience?

camo_fish

Re: Aqua view camera is a panfish. What do you do if..........
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Gulp!  ;D
Fish on!  ;)

NAD42

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2005, 04:56 PM »
had a pike stare at my camera for about 5 minutes once...they know it's not lunch...at least this one did.

Frozen_nutts

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2005, 04:59 PM »
Reality tv...see what it feels like to be swallowed by a pike! lol

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Hang a treble hook on it and bring em up.
MY NAME IS APU, HOW DO YOU DO, NOW YOU GUNNA DIE!!!!!!

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2005, 06:17 PM »
That camera cable is reinforced with Kevlar it have to be a pretty big pike to cut it off. Im sure one the pike mouths it and realizes its not soft, it will spit it. It would be cool to see on the screen though!

Offline dwaytkus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If she loves you, she will clean them!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2005, 06:35 PM »
For you who own the aqua view with the panfish camera.   Does this seem to scare off any panfish?

Offline Icemanjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2005, 07:05 PM »
Mine has just the regular camera and I have had Cuts come over and "mouth" it.  Like a miniture scene from jaws.
Here fishy fishy fishy, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to catch you!

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2005, 09:41 PM »
i have the one that has the regular camera and i have had bluegills come in and gove me kisses through the camera.  they just come right up to investigate and stick there noses right on the lense of the camera.  So far the pickerel and other predators seem to not be afraid of it but the do know its there and that its not lunch. 

JiggerMan

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2005, 08:05 AM »
I had a large bass swim up and kiss the fish camera so I dont think it spooks fish.Took it out perch fishing its awesome you get to watch the screen not your rod and set the hook at just the right time. Its also neat to watch the fish behave like when you used to think you missed the hookset but really the perch had ahold of the wrong end of the jig!
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2005, 01:07 PM »
Ive played with both fish & non fish models, neither seems to scare fish. I did not play with the lightening section of the ZT though. Perch really are curious and would swim right up to the lens to investigate, almost like they knew they were on TV. That was with a non fish model. Ive seen pikerels walleyes. bass, and gills, none of them seem to spook or swim off because of the cam. My brother witnessed a 23 1/2 walleye smash a spoon a couple weeks ago, the fish swam in hard and fast, so fast that all he saw was fins & tail. Its really a cool learning tool, many think its a toy or a fad, but an aqua vu will show you so much more that flashers cant dictate, mainly fish species, as well as what the bottom structure is. It would also make a good tool to find reefs, and structures unseen by sonar, that you could mark with a GPS, come back and find it, and fish a magnet! Im not saying to subsitute it for sonar, but when worked with a sonar unit, youve got a great team.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.