Author Topic: Yukon trap help  (Read 1527 times)

Offline jrsue

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Yukon trap help
« on: Jan 01, 2005, 08:37 PM »
Just got a yukon. it was the display model. so it was good i didnt need to set it up, but i also didnt get any instruction manual with it.

theirs 2 blue bags , and 2 sleeves with clear plastic, what are these for.

also when all set up, the rear poles that plug down into the sled, seem to be to short theirs no tension on them and i'm sure they'll pop out when windy.

and any suggestions on making the seats slide easier on the cross rail. their very sticky, hope it was set up properly.

stinky

Re: Yukon trap help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2005, 08:54 PM »
 Not sure what you mean blue bags but the sleeves with the clear plastic are for holding a shack ;license wich you have to have  in Mn.
 Did you hook the other stretch support poles on the top first if you did this may be pulling the shack forward and makeing the rear supports seem short.
 I haven't seen any problem on the seats slideing but myou could try some silicone spray on them and that may help. They may have the screws for the seat to tight and that will make them hard to slide.

Reg

« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2005, 09:28 AM »
I bought a new Voyager this winter.  The blue bags are for the storage bags under the seats.  Mine came with replacement bags, so there were two extra bags not use.  Hope that helps.

Offline jrsue

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2005, 10:04 AM »
ya stinky ,adjusting the front poles, and also pulling the tent tighter under the rubber on the sled lip, did tighten up the rear poles.

my chairs were still very sticky, had to litterly reach under the seat and grab the seat track to move them from side to side.  so this morning i first removed the spring clip and removed the seats completely. i noticed the alum cross rail was nicked up quite a bit so i used file and smoothed it up. then i sprayed silicone on the rail and all seat parts that come in contact with it , and reinstalled the seats . 100% improvement
  i also decided the wire clips were  causeing some of the binding  so i left them off. their only purpose is to keep the seat assy held tightly down , and unless you plan on extreme rough sleding i dont think i'll use them. the difference is amazing , the seats move all directions with ease.

also siliconed the tent poles, this made them slide easier.  the push buttons on the yukon depress much easier than on the guide. this was a very annoying thing on the guide, the pole buttons had way to stiff a spring under them , i actually use to have to use a small doll rod to depress them on extremly , cold finger days.

my only other issue is where to mount some rod holders. i had two mounted to the poles on my guide. but the poles are positioned diff on the yukon, i'll figure something out.

i think i'm really gonna like this shanty, its got plenty of room inside , including  6ft of headroom. now that the seats slide easily ,carrying my auger, flasher, heater,camera,and more should not be a problem.

stinky fingers

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2005, 11:08 PM »
hello , you can also check there web site. lots of neat acc. camera mount is nice too. good luck .clamcorp.com ;D :o

Offline jrsue

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2005, 08:07 AM »
thanks for the help with the blue bags, got them mounted under the seats.

also went withe otter's rod holders, they fit perfectly on the Yukons  black tent pole bracket. theirs even a hole their .
http://www.otteroutdoors.com/OTTEROUTDOORS/eprodlist.asp?S=67&P=5049&PubID=4393&D=34&V=7&iss=

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.