New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE  (Read 30945 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
 Greensider ,you are welcome understand your feelings. There are a few lakes/bodies of water with the same or similar names in New York state. Near lake Superior in the Town of Bethel ,NY. therein a privately owned lake named Black lake I know there is also a Black Lake somewhere in upstate NY.

Subway4x4 thankyou for the update on the Hurleyville FD contest . Did you think to pass this information onto Moderator Raquettedacker so he can update the Contests/Derbys thread found near top of the NY. General forum/board.
Also please check your personal message in-box sent you some information on the Hurleyville and Lake Superior contests.

Steve

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
So who thinks we will have King of the Ice? I'm saying it will happen.

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
No way!! They canceled an ice fishing tournament 4 hours north of here yesterday

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
So who thinks we will have King of the Ice? I'm saying it will happen.
Zero chances

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
 I know I'm crazy. I'm holding out hope. I think the conservation club should have a pool on wether the contest will happen or not.
A couple nice browns from shore  and only short eyes on the river yesterday. Even if there was ice I think I'd still be on the river this Saturday(which is where I'll be).

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
I know I'm crazy. I'm holding out hope. I think the conservation club should have a pool on wether the contest will happen or not.
A couple nice browns from shore  and only short eyes on the river yesterday. Even if there was ice I think I'd still be on the river this Saturday(which is where I'll be).
I’ll be on river too this weekend! Pm me Saturday looks like day overcast warm! Bumped up flows from a little rain!! Looks prime it’s lower and clear up by me rn my boys fished yesterday they had 6 I went up state laker fishing this past weekend

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I have been fishing Sullivan co. Last few days … 3”- 5” ice shoreline are soft .. 
To have a fishing contest 100 people on the ice IDK.  🕳️ :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
Morningside this afternoon. 2 1/2 — 3”. Shoreline weak, one boot went through not over boot height. I’ve fished ice of that thickness alot with full confidence. This ice not, felt it was borderline. Didn’t go far at all or stay long. The feel and sound while walking or drilling just wasn’t right. A couple pale sickly looking perch and I was out of there. 🍻

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
As of right now lake Superior contest is still on for tomorrow they will make a decision later on that

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Superior State Park contest is a go for tomorrow I think there's about 5 in. First time going not asking for exact locations but any tips I would appreciate thank you

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Lake Superior State Park contest is a go for tomorrow I think there's about 5 in. First time going not asking for exact locations but any tips I would appreciate thank you
Bring your lucky rabbits feet and 4 leaf clovers

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
I already have them it's called a vexilar 28. Lol

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Its a tough lake with lots of summertime pressure .Good luck .

https://extapps.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/lksupmap.pdf
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks

Offline iceman67

• IceShanty Rookie
Good luck on superior I watched 2” of solid clear ice disappear today on a lake

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yeah that's what I was thinking. They said it's still on. How many inches left?? Lol

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
 Good evening Jiignut thank you for the report on ice conditions at Morningside and the photo of the lake.  Jghunter best to you and everyone else who maybe in your party at the Lake Superior contest . Given the higher entry fee as compared to other area contest the organizers expect a smaller crowd then what turns out for King of the Ice and current ice conditions will be good for whatever number of people enter the contest. May this assumption be correct and everyone stay on top of the ice.

A friendly reminder the Mahogany Ridge hunting and fishing club contest and pig roast is scheduled for Saturday feb.17 TH. If the lake is not safe to ice fish they still hold the pig roast. SO if you like roast pork and at least want to discuss ice fishing with other people this event maybe for you. Information on this contest can be found in the Derbys/tournaments thread maintained by moderator Raqueetdacker and found near the top of the NY. General Forum.. Also if you go to page (7) of this thread in a post by Hardwater diehard you will find info. on this contest.

Best wished to all planning to fish this weekend may you have safe travel and good day/days on the ice.

Steve

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks Mr clean

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
No reports ;D or details from superior  ???

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
The river was beautiful. Moving at a good clip but we managed a few Saturday and got off right before the storm.  Not used to boat fishing the river anymore.  Should have put gas motor on! One Keeper yesterday from shore. Even with the colder temps, the snow is going to make things that much more dangerous with what little ice is left.  It's hard to take When you can remember the days of ice fishing during deer season if your tags where filled!

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well nobody fell in lake Superior lol. Ice was about 3 1/2" down to 2 1/2" by day end. I left a little early thought edges would be done but not bad. U could feel ice flex a little and waves in the holes. I got about 7 perch biggest 11" 5 bluegill one bass and one pickerel fishing right of ramp. I left a hour early 23" pickerel was winning and about a 13" perch and a huge crappie around 15".  Not sure of final results. Maybe 50 guys on ice. .they took some chance having that contest but all worked out.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Jghunter thank you for the report from the Lake Superior contest . Looks like i was correct about there being a low number of entrants realize this Winter's warmer weather also kept people away from the lake.
Glad you attended and got into some fish.

Steve

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
The river was beautiful. Moving at a good clip but we managed a few Saturday and got off right before the storm.  Not used to boat fishing the river anymore.  Should have put gas motor on! One Keeper yesterday from shore. Even with the colder temps, the snow is going to make things that much more dangerous with what little ice is left.  It's hard to take When you can remember the days of ice fishing during deer season if your tags where filled!
Love it I fished this weekend also on river managed one decent eye at 24 like 15 shorts Delaware is crystal clear night bite only managed 2 bass on a Putnam county lake yesterday one 4 and one 5 two bites and 2 of the right fish!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Well nobody fell in lake Superior lol. Ice was about 3 1/2" down to 2 1/2" by day end. I left a little early thought edges would be done but not bad. U could feel ice flex a little and waves in the holes. I got about 7 perch biggest 11" 5 bluegill one bass and one pickerel fishing right of ramp. I left a hour early 23" pickerel was winning and about a 13" perch and a huge crappie around 15".  Not sure of final results. Maybe 50 guys on ice. .they took some chance having that contest but all worked out.
Very glad it worked out I found similar conditions on a lake I checked and didn’t fish it fished open water on the Delaware

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Lucky13

• Team IceShanty Regular
Its listed as cancelled on the Queechy Lake Page.

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Its listed as cancelled on the Queechy Lake Page.
yes just got canceled yesterday because can't hold ATVs. Nobody can walk anymore?? Lol

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
yes just got canceled yesterday because can't hold ATVs. Nobody can walk anymore?? Lol
Lol wow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.