New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE  (Read 30814 times)

Offline DON-E-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sorry, I didn’t realize that post was from last year, lol. 1st post in awhile and forgot to hit quote as well. Many many guys on Sodom today I was told. Fishing slow for my friend.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
And here comes the rain.   So close and yet so far....
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I managed to get a couple of days on the ice yesterday at White lake with little to no action…..
Today at Lake Superior ended up with 13 perch & 2 pickerels & 1 nice bullhead   A good day ….  🕳️🕳️  :icefish: :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline iceman99

• Team IceShanty Regular
How much ice up there. Has anyone been to morningside

Offline iceman99

• Team IceShanty Regular
How much ice up there. Has anyone been to morningside

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I went out of the State launch… the ice was all different frozen slush & black …
Wind blowen chunks , some snow & slush … I was measuring 5” 3” of black & 2”
Slush ice was firm …. Where I was fishing. By the time I left with the rain things were
Getting sloppy.   With the rain I doubt the ice will be safe much longer ..Sux 🌧️
images.jpeg

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I took a ride by Swinging Bridge res. Yesterday … They let the water
Out. The place looks very low with ice on the banks going down to the water .
I bet it’s would be hard to get out on the ice from the launch where I was at.
Or if the ice is even safe any more.’  🕳️ :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Got my 3 days of ice season in crappies to 14” walleye to 21” perch to 15” 2 5lb largies and a 4, 7 trout brown brookies and bows buncha cats under the green lights at night I’m almost satisfied with river walleye or running north for lake trout for the rest of the year buddy did fall thru getting off the lake on Saturday and was in the waste deep water longer then I’d like to admit but all in all it was good weekend regardless and he prevailed and was fine

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
3 days fishing hardwaterhonky Ur doing good…. I get 2 more later when freeze up again .I have a trip planned for end of February.. We will be fishing before then. Tight lines
 :tipup: :icefish:🕳️
images.jpeg

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
I didn't even fish yet.  Kids Sports and some family obligations. I am by no means saying this is smart or stupid......just an observation. A guy was fishing white lake 1/24 in the afternoon. Congrats Hardwaterhonky. Glad someone got on them.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
3 days fishing hardwaterhonky Ur doing good…. I get 2 more later when freeze up again .I have a trip planned for end of February.. We will be fishing before then. Tight lines
 :tipup: :icefish:🕳️
It’s very sad that I’m actually content with 3 days as of right now, we’ll get couple more days for sure, tight lines to you as well!!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
I didn't even fish yet.  Kids Sports and some family obligations. I am by no means saying this is smart or stupid......just an observation. A guy was fishing white lake 1/24 in the afternoon. Congrats Hardwaterhonky. Glad someone got on them.
Thanks family comes first I get that,  white had about 4” but the lake is very very tough fishing there

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
This was pushed to the 10th which conflicts with the Hurleyville FD Morningside Derby, one of my favorites.

Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Have you seen the forecast lolol

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Have you seen the forecast lolol
;D ;D Ppl are still wishful hahahaha HIT THE RIVERS

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Definitely would be nice to get on ice but for now I am open water fishing

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
I am wishful but the days are getting longer. Anyone think King of The Ice will happen?

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Once we lose the skim ice on the lakes, I’ll be out in the yak.   After deer season I didn’t bother getting my ice fishing gear out.  I hope next year will be better.   

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
For now pull out the old canoe rowboat or just hit a shoreline we did yesterday

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice catch! 

Offline Miles59

• IceShanty Rookie
Got out on Superior today. Easy on and off at the boat launch. I witnessed good ice between 3” - 5”. Two guys said there was as little as 2” on the left side of the launch. I went to the right, so can’t confirm. Caught 5 perch and a pickerel.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
thats a big pickerel...nice

Offline Miles59

• IceShanty Rookie
Anybody have ice report from Morningside?

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Only thing I heard today was another rescue

Offline Miles59

• IceShanty Rookie
Only thing I heard today was another rescue
Ouch!  At Morningside??

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
No round lake if it's not safe to the north it can't be safe that far south I have been open water fishing and will continue taking boats out Wednesday and Friday

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
Not always true. I know a guy that’s fishing south of morningside this weekend. Lot of variables in what will hold ice and what won’t. Elevations and run off is a biggie. By me some places have lots of ice and others have none. Not condoning anything and know very little about conditions down that way…..just saying. To each their own. There is inherit danger no mater how you decide to fish this time of year

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Hello good to read some of you have got out fishing locally this season.
 Greensider congratulations on catching the pickerel. Things can get confusing there is also a Round Lake in the Monroe,NY. area of Orange county.
Miles-59 in case you did not see this at the bottom of page 8 of this thread there is a post from member Don E Ice with information about Tennanah Lake in the Roscoe, NY. area. A late response to your questions on this body of water.

To all heading out tomorrow be careful and may you find ice you are comfortable fishing on and have a good day.

Steve

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Thanks for that info I forgot about that lake and didn't not read the entire post because I just get aggravated with people who don't put family before a fish I will never understand that

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hurleyville FD Morningside is cancelled.

One of my favorites.  :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.