Author Topic: Rotary Derby  (Read 7035 times)

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Rotary Derby
« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2023, 04:24 PM »
Philly is a toilet bowl

Not a fan of KC either but it’s the lesser of 2 evils to me.

Pats are a dumpster fire. They need a WR1 and a solid TE that can stay on the field. Once they have that we will see what Billy O can do with Mac then we know if he’s the guy or not.
Don't disagree... like most elections, rooting for KC is like picking the lesser of two evils.   

Not sure if Mac is the guy or not, but others have done it with less than stellar QB's if the team can be built around him, and hopefully we have an owner that will do that.  A real Offensive Coordinator should help. Loyalty can only be taken so far... and it failed this year.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Feb 07, 2023, 04:27 PM »
Pretty sure Patricia and Judge have aaked for ice conditions and access this year on here
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 07, 2023, 04:34 PM »
Hopefully they are better at fishing...

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 07, 2023, 05:26 PM »
Dont push it my friend. I promise it ain’t worth it. Hell you’ll still have 2 more years before you know your exact position on this honestly.

Hardest thing ever is to put the pride away and shut off the boredom but it needs to be done for future quality of everything. Easier said than done I know.
I get where you're coming from. Trust me.
But if I'm not mistaken, this comes from someone who was fishing derby less than 2 months after surgery a few years ago...lol 
You can understand my impatience, were cut from the same cloth  ;)
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Feb 07, 2023, 05:36 PM »
But  if I'm not mistaken, this comes from someone who was fishing derby less than 2 months after surgery a few years ago...lol 

Lollll well I had surgery Dec. 3rd and derby was mid February so I took a couple extra weeks of caution  lol

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 07, 2023, 06:58 PM »
But if I'm not mistaken, this comes from someone who was fishing derby less than 2 months after surgery a few years ago...lol 

If its any consolation, I fished the derby 2 different  times when I was told to stay home. Once with a broken tibia, once with a torn ACL, the tibia healed quickly,  the ACL took 2 years.with the tibia I was in a cast from my nut sack to my ankle, I have a picture of me in front of my catch with my leg out to the side,  because I couldnt bend it.. but back surgery  is a different  animal, my company  .makes spinal implants ..not following doctor's orders. Could be real bad, and I hate doctors.

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 07, 2023, 08:27 PM »
two years ago I put off ACL surgery so I didn't miss much ice fishing. It was a good call because we had a great ice year!

Excited for this years Derby. Plan on doing a lot of ice checking friday and then camping on the ice for the weekend. I've got plan A.B.C and D. and keep adding options. We'll see where I end up
Tight Lines!

Offline Steamtrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Rotary Derby.
« Reply #37 on: Feb 07, 2023, 09:37 PM »
Good luck! I will not be fishing this weekend.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #38 on: Feb 08, 2023, 06:02 AM »
My Acura Integra needs a new engine so i will not be making this year.
Just add water.

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 08, 2023, 06:17 AM »
Listen with the right wheel camber and some holes in the floor an integra could make a nice mobile ice rig.

....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 08, 2023, 07:04 AM »
Unfortunately I'm going to miss the Derby for the 44th straight year. I have some paint I would like to watch dry ! :)

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Feb 08, 2023, 08:16 AM »
Pretty sure Patricia and Judge have aaked for ice conditions and access this year on here

I probably laughed harder than I should have but that's funny right there.
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Feb 08, 2023, 02:49 PM »
I'll be out somewhere - not sure where yet.  Depends on family stuff, wind forecast + temps....but mostly depends on available free fishing time.   ::)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 08, 2023, 05:55 PM »
Sunday is my day I have plan A and plan B both close by. I'll be after quality not numbers I don't use Facebook.  Isn't there another way to check on the stats as the derby is ongoing.  I don't want to leave for hq unless it's a contender. 
Salmonemia

Offline crashed87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 08, 2023, 07:22 PM »
Sunday is my day I have plan A and plan B both close by. I'll be after quality not numbers I don't use Facebook.  Isn't there another way to check on the stats as the derby is ongoing.  I don't want to leave for hq unless it's a contender.

Don’t they keep mostly “live” updates on the website?
Clear ice, tight lines, can’t lose

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 08, 2023, 07:35 PM »
Looks like they can be found on the web.

https://icefishingnh.net/vfb/index.php

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 08, 2023, 08:28 PM »
Looks like they can be found on the web.

https://icefishingnh.net/vfb/index.php

Perfect thank you for posting that. Much easier this way
Salmonemia

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #47 on: Feb 09, 2023, 03:34 AM »
I listen to 104.9 the hawk in the radio. They do updates every hour or so

Offline gunvault

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Feb 09, 2023, 06:26 AM »
Best of luck to ALL who fish the derby and be safe

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 09, 2023, 08:20 AM »
Good thing you’re not on Facebook. Spot burning is on a whole other level this year.
Tight Lines!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Feb 09, 2023, 08:28 AM »
Good thing you’re not on Facebook. Spot burning is on a whole other level this year.

Yeah but on there you can give someone a piece of your mind like never dreamt of on here

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Feb 09, 2023, 08:31 AM »
This site was amazing in like 2007-12 everyone fished everyone posted pics everyone was good at it. Everyone got in fights and didn’t cry after. You learned things. Made friends. Now it’s guys asking for ice and same 6 guys post a fish

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 09, 2023, 09:04 AM »
I’ll be camping on the ice this weekend and hopefully some fishy pics to follow and perhaps my ugly mug on the board with some prize money! Definitely will be getting a post from me soon
Tight Lines!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Feb 09, 2023, 09:07 AM »
Go get em!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Feb 09, 2023, 09:22 AM »
This site was amazing in like 2007-12 everyone fished everyone posted pics everyone was good at it. Everyone got in fights and didn’t cry after. You learned things. Made friends. Now it’s guys asking for ice and same 6 guys post a fish

The good ole days when it didn't matter who posted what, they were gonna get yelled at by Dick Baker for something.. Or Perchboy's drunken ramblings lol
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Feb 09, 2023, 09:30 AM »
The good ole days when it didn't matter who posted what, they were gonna get yelled at by Dick Baker for something.. Or Perchboy's drunken ramblings lol

Lollll my first post ever on here, which is now gone. Was me with a pair of 4.5 lb Brookies I think I was 22 years old. And the first comment was Dick telling me I was a poacher because he thought 5 fish or 5 pounds applied in winter and my next comment was perchboy crying about if my jackers are legal. And I even did a introduction post and all lollll

And people wonder why I am how I am on here, and the ones against it are who taught me the ways. Vicious cycle I’ll clue ya.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #56 on: Feb 09, 2023, 09:33 AM »
Instead of reporting or squirting one I just post 800 more fish in the coming weeks.

Now it’s a lot of emotions and then the decade veteran Wally pops in to squirt one with his decade of excellence in asking atv access. He’s a gem. Bruh! Not one fish ever

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #57 on: Feb 09, 2023, 10:23 AM »
I kinda miss Dickbaker's annual abacus, slide-rule and hocus-pocus calculations of how much ice there will be north of the notch by January.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #58 on: Feb 09, 2023, 11:05 AM »
I kinda miss Dickbaker's annual abacus, slide-rule and hocus-pocus calculations of how much ice there will be north of the notch by January.

It’s funny because…. Dick is a really  a really smart guy. In person he’s even enjoyable. I think there is a wall blocking how he takes things said on here that are not in person where he cannot sense sarcasm or other feelings.

I enjoy Dick, I have no ill feelings for him believe it or not. All my swuabbles on here are out of entertainment anyhow I don’t take them to heart.

Perchboy ( Forry) I had the most memorable ones with including one full season ban for me ( sorry Wally I might have 9000 posts if it wasn’t for that, veteran all star majesty Bruh)

Same thing, in person was actually an awesome guy. Hung out with both those guys at some of the get togethers.

All a far cry from the Snitch I’m not sure if I should contact someone from your virtual stroke posts ( he will comment ;) on this but I’m the stalker) I mean hell now I live in Maryland hammering crab cakes. Ask him. Lolll jk snitch see you soon, as always take care and stay safe. Wally will be on soon to ask a question about how to do better in your defense.

All in all. This is all in fun, I enjoy it, it’s an entertainment source for me in the winter for those willing to play. Look forward to future issues

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Feb 09, 2023, 11:30 AM »
I used to get pretty heated with Perchboy and then one day he sent me a PM saying that we should bury the hatchet and go fishing as I was his type of A-hole lol... Never did fish with him but we were good after that.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.