Author Topic: Hanmore or Island  (Read 1638 times)

Offline wcbarker

• IceShanty Rookie
Hanmore or Island
« on: Jan 30, 2011, 12:53 PM »
Has anyone tried these lakes north of smokey lake??? @) @) @)

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Hanmore or Island
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2011, 12:24 PM »
I bet one of the 58 ppl to read this have.

I find it's a real hush hush lake....

I was dissapointed in the woman that ran the campground a few years ago.  I couldn't find a way onto the lake and ended up driving to the "closed" campground...she gave me crap, then wouldn't tell me how to get on the lake. 

Yes, I could have looked more....but....

WEAK!!

Cheers!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:04 PM »
So Ryan, still looking for perch, did you find them yet?   ;)
Just a comment that I don't think there is a lot of peeps on here that have fished either.  I think your assuming too much.

WC, only fished Hanmore lake once, 5-6 years ago in open water.  Small, small, small pike.  Supposedly an x-whitefish haven but I hear they are hard to fool.  And, I learned this year that burbot can be pretty decent - I was also told to work the steepest drop-offs in about 15 FOW.  There are two good steep drops that I can see on the hydrographic maps - if you are into burbot.  For me, catching burbot is the only reason I might consider going there to try through the ice.

I've never fished Island.  Drove to it a total of 2 times in open water and both times it was way to mucky to get near.

Pretty useless information but all I have.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:47 PM »
I found some in sask and two really great days for them on gull.  

I have not much time to look this year with both augers out of commission and now being stuck in Ontario for the last five weeks, with 10 more days to go.

Year before that my truck was tits....I just won't admit it...but the fish gods have forsaken me I think!!

I wasn't saying all 58 ppl that read the thread had fished the lake, and you are right...something tells me this lake doesnt get much action, but I don't know.

Keep sharing the pics snap, I gotta live through someone while I get yelled at by men with "small man syndrome" while stuck in a hole in the ground that has no fish and no water in it!! Lol.

Cheers!!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2011, 10:55 PM »
Awesome!  On the perch front.

Well, only 1 of my 2 augers are pooched.  I'm in your camp though about the fish gods.  Besides that my skidoo trailer is pooched, and now my skidoo, RV is pooched, barn collapsed this weekend, 2 out of 3 fish cams on the fritz and the 3rd one is on its last legs.  There is probably more but I'm losing track.  Murphy is out to get us and we gotta fight back!

P.S. I break more fly rods than India can produce new kids!

Offline FishAreFun

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:33 PM »
Hey I go to hanmore all the time and if you want to catch small pike this lake is for you and lots of them this is a great lake for kids but other than that there is only burbot and they are fun but also fairly small

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:16 AM »

Well, only 1 of my 2 augers are pooched.  I'm in your camp though about the fish gods.  Besides that my skidoo trailer is pooched, and now my skidoo, RV is pooched, barn collapsed this weekend, 2 out of 3 fish cams on the fritz and the 3rd one is on its last legs.  There is probably more but I'm losing track.  Murphy is out to get us and we gotta fight back!

Now that was a good 'er....and they pump out the kids...lol. J/K.

Well, that is a batch of bad luck...feel for ya man...I was thinking about getting a sled this year...but as things fell apart early winter...I thought I'd wait to see just how bad my luck got....I think it was a good call...then I got sent to Ontario for 6 freakin weeks. 

Though it seems I missed some really GREAT WEATHER...and some rough times getting on the lake...hope in 10 days this improves....

Only reason my Quad 4X4 camera is still alright...I never use it...used it three times now...lol.

Just about everything else of mine has gone tits this last two years...

IF ANYONE IS HAVING ISSUES WITH THIER TRUCK/ONLY AUGER....hit me up, I'll take ya out with em when I go.... / drill holes for ya.

I know how much an auger/truck being out of action can take a guy out of the ice game...if he has no friends that ice fish...I'm willing to help out!!

Cheers!!

Offline buckmaster72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2011, 04:42 PM »
Has anyone tried these lakes north of smokey lake??? @) @) @)
I used to icefish hanmore frequently but in the last 3 to 4 yrs the fishing in general has been very slow.You dont see to many people on the ice anymore either.The whites are very big in the lake but in recent years it has become very poor fishing for whites.There are lots of hungry,skinny jacks and the oddball perch in the lake.Hope this helps.

Offline wcbarker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2011, 10:32 PM »
Thanx for the info
I used to live closer a few years ago
Now live in Edson
Not alot of good lakes around here

Offline Windknot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2011, 12:15 PM »

Sounds like a country music song, play it backwards and see what get. LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.