Author Topic: 95 Polaris Indy trail  (Read 1669 times)

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
95 Polaris Indy trail
« on: Nov 14, 2015, 05:15 PM »
I don't know anything about snow mobiles but I've got one for ice fishing and I want to get it ready for this winten and get all the maintenance taken care of and build some racks mount a GPS and storage for my gear and pick the track. It only has 2400 miles on it fan cooled carbs no rev but for $500 I couldn't pass it up. So any help or ideas would be welcomed

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 95 Polaris Indy trail
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2015, 06:32 PM »
http://s961.photobucket.com/user/Donaldlewis1/media/IMG_20150818_160001_166_zps7rnshtnx.jpg.html oh ya I forgot to include it has the paperwork with it it starts runs and after I add the racks tow hitch it'll

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2015, 06:43 PM »
 ;D Don you got yourself a good deal on this sled. I am an avid rider and I had one just like it but a 2 up one. It was troublefree and when I got rid of it it had over 10,000 miles on it.Just be sure to keep the chain adjusted and keep the chaincase's oli at the right level and change it often.If its the 488cc motor its a great motor. There should be lots of parts around for that sled if needed.

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 PM »
Cool Pete thanks if it had a few more miles on it it could've been yours I picked it up about 10 miles from Youngstown in Ransomtuckie

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2015, 03:59 PM »
Yup, id rate that motor right up there with the rotax 503/550.

We had one at the ski hill. Ran like a raped app. Getting run over by a snow cat is what finally killed it.

I've been eyeing indy 500s around here for a fishing sled.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2015, 04:10 PM »
Nice ride Don...   Good luck with it....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

luv2fish2

« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2015, 06:41 AM »
yeah i got one just like it but a 2 up with e start and reverse that motor is bullet proof  awesome ice fishing sleds, guy i got built a nice rack for the auger and buckets , but sadly i've got to go another route this ones going up for sale seems like these were almost purpose built for ice fishing

Offline j_shoe99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2015, 12:59 PM »
I don't know anything about snow mobiles but I've got one for ice fishing and I want to get it ready for this winten and get all the maintenance taken care of and build some racks mount a GPS and storage for my gear and pick the track. It only has 2400 miles on it fan cooled carbs no rev but for $500 I couldn't pass it up. So any help or ideas would be welcomed

I'm in the exact same position as you are.  I just got my front auger rack and rear rack figured out.  I still need to get a rear hitch for it I think though, to pull the portable shanty.

One of my buddies will go thru everything on it for me soon.  Change the oils, clean/replace the fuel lines, clean carbs, install new carbides, adjust track?, lube/inspect everything.  Since I only paid $400, I'm OK with sticking some money into it to replace some stuff, in hopes of preventing getting stranded out on the ice.  I don't have any studs in the track yet, but I might just run without them this season, and see how it goes.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2015, 09:54 AM »
488 fan probably the most reliable motor Polaris ever made. They replaced it with the 550 but the 488 was better.

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2015, 05:51 PM »
Thanks I'm real happy with all of the positive things I'm hearing I figure after walking through knee deep snow last winter while the guys on sled effortlessly drove by me and be setup and fishing by the time I got to the spot I wanted to fish its a no brainer to buy a sled and getting tracks for my wheeler wasn't in the budget 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.