Author Topic: Trailer as a sled?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline SkiSoloII

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Trailer as a sled?
« on: Nov 06, 2014, 12:47 PM »
I've searched pretty hard...

Does anyone have a good DIY technique to make skis for a small trailer to pull behind a quad? I want to pull my quad trailer behind the quad, but the tires dig too much into the snow. I don't want to spend a fortune on the existing commercial ones.

Thanks

Dave

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Trailer as a sled?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2014, 03:13 PM »
Don't have pictures but saw a guy use old fenders from a rusted-out trailer. Remove them, flatten one end to make it more like a ski. Drive the trailer on, then strap it to the tire. Only drawback I saw was you can't back up.

Offline 4426

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2014, 03:41 PM »
I know I saw a lil while ago a picture on here where he had skis for the front tires of his 2wd fourwheeler. He had made them from old snowmobile skis and had a ratchet strap that secured the tire once you drove onto the skis(going around the outside).I'm sure it would work and do a lil search cuz I saw it floating around a few different threads

Offline Sodusitous

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That hole ain't gonna drill it's self !
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2014, 03:56 PM »
good ole Dave Genz has a YT video about doing this. Unloads his Bearcat off the snowmobile trailer then pulls the trailer onto a set of skis.
He then hooks the Bearcat to the trailer and off he goes across the lake with trailer in tow.
"More is lost to indecision than wrong decision"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.