Author Topic: Anyone use a Polaris XC340?  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Jessechop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone use a Polaris XC340?
« on: Sep 20, 2013, 06:46 AM »
Long story short I have a Yamaha Bravo LT and it does the job ok. A friend of mine has a pair of 2004 XC340's, fan cooled twins with reverse. He bought new sleds since him and his wife trail ride, is keeping one and I can get the other for a song.

My question is how does the sled do pulling? Last year I had a light weight 4x8 hard side and had no issues pulling it. This year I built a new hard side and it is 6x8 and better built aka it is heavier. I assume the Bravo isn't going to pull it, will the 340 or should I just look for even bigger? If we get little snow I have a Ranger to pull the shack out with, but if the farmers almanac is right.... ;D

I appreciate any feedback

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
Re: Anyone use a Polaris XC340?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2013, 08:15 PM »
Best thing comes to mind is try it out.   Don't forget about how good your house runners are, a little attention to that might make a difference as to how hard it tows.
Thread killer

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2013, 08:23 PM »
Being how the Bravo is a 250cc and you're moving up to a 340, I'd say pretty good. I think the difference in track length will be over come by the more power you will have.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2013, 06:28 AM »
Your little bravo is a workhorse of the Yamaha line.  Those are great little machines. Anybody up here lucky enough to have one keeps it. I personally would stick with the bravo.   Steve

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2013, 09:19 AM »
Your little bravo is a workhorse of the Yamaha line.  Those are great little machines. Anybody up here lucky enough to have one keeps it. I personally would stick with the bravo.   Steve

Agreed. Too bad they have been discontinued. Great working sleds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.