New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?  (Read 17791 times)

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Is anyone up for a gathering on Lake George?
« Reply #60 on: Feb 08, 2010, 02:14 PM »
sounds good ill probibly be there long before daylight and get my stuff in and then when everyone starts showing up just walk around and mingle. bring the binocs  so i can still call out fllllaaaagggg. :tipup:
I am bringing 10 tipups and all the BS that goes with them. Maybe we can stir up some nice atlanicbrowntrout. It's a new variety. I here tell the Lake George is an awesome spot to find them. Cpt. JJ is very familiar with these difficult fish to find. I hope you guys are not blowing smoke. My Fishing apprentice will be all wound up. He read an article about fishing the King and he will be really twisted up at a chance to fish it. The chance to fish with some locals will only make him drool all day at school. Add too that the thought of  having a great day out on such a magnificent lake with the Lake George Fishing Legends. I'll have to send him to school wearing a drool bib. He'll probably be asking for autographs when we get there. He reads the threads all the time.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Feb 08, 2010, 02:47 PM »
hahaha thats histerical..atlanticbr owntrout what the heck is that i have never heard of it. or am i being sooper gullable right now. iv heard of browns but not atlanticbrowntrout. ???

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 08, 2010, 03:31 PM »
Bring the tipups guys. We want to see some fish on the ice. Just be cognizant of how far a laker can run. They definitely aren't pike.
Of course it would be great to have something to give away for the "nice" fish of the day. But I'm not sure if 307 would hook us up. Combsey and I will at least ask tomorrow. It doesn't hurt to try. If they don't, no love lost.
We know darn well rg will see this thread at one time or another. Get on up here rg for some perchslaying madness...we hope.
As it stands this second, I am waiting for a call from the bossman to give me a go ahead on the 7th. If he doesn't let me take it off his email will be posted on this thread, kidding.
I'm tempted to see if the site could do anything for a giveaway but I won't say it out loud. Hint hint. Not to put anyone on the spot but again...worth a shot.
In the meantime guys. Tell your non IS buddies to pop on the site and check out this thread along with the unlimited info it has to offer. If we were able to hook up a giveaway I think it should be solely for IS members. I know some of you are bringing buddies so tell them to log on to the site.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #63 on: Feb 08, 2010, 06:18 PM »
You never know where I might show up. You did say Perch?

I've never driven my truck on the ice. Can you do that with a 2WD?
RG

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #64 on: Feb 08, 2010, 06:25 PM »
we will have 4 wheelers if you need a ride out ;)
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #65 on: Feb 08, 2010, 06:41 PM »
I'd really like to drive my truck on the ice just once.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #66 on: Feb 08, 2010, 07:04 PM »
. Maybe we can stir up some nice atlanicbrowntrout.  

Andy
I think those are  the illusive Salmosalartruttamorpha fariolacustris..... :P

Hey...what's MDB? May have to find a room for the weekend.

RG

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Feb 08, 2010, 07:07 PM »
soo yea im just gullable. hahah

Offline LAKEGEORGEFISHER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Feb 08, 2010, 07:08 PM »
Million Dollar Beach
[/img][img

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #69 on: Feb 08, 2010, 07:19 PM »
Thanks.
RG

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 08, 2010, 08:36 PM »
If you do come up and need a place to crash you won't have a hard time finding a room. Lake George is a big tourist town. Tons of hotels and motels. Fort William Henry is as close as it gets.
There is a big winter carnival each weekend of this month. I know one of the weekends consists of cars racing in a circle track right over our perch beds...the nerve. If they end up doing the races they will have rv's, trucks, and trailers all over the ice. I won't say that it is safe to drive a truck on the ice but I will try to post a pic of all the cars out there the week before we take over that end of the lake. Really cool sight.

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Feb 08, 2010, 09:16 PM »
i can just imagine it now... "FLAAAAG!" and 30 guys run to a tipup. haha

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Feb 08, 2010, 09:18 PM »
haha by the looks of things it sounds more like a hundred guys but hey, iv never landed a fish in front of a huge crowd before, the pressure will jsut ad to the excitement.

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Feb 08, 2010, 09:19 PM »
If everyone sets for salmon we're bound to get ONE keeper  :D

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Feb 08, 2010, 09:36 PM »
Wow! You guys are pretty optimistic too. Let's hope for a good turn out.
Just a thought to mention for any drinkers. Only because it has been mentioned. Be aware of open container laws just to be safe. I'm not an uptight dude at all. It doesn't bother me one bit if people have a couple drinks. But, if we end up with a good crowd out there we will be attracting some attention. I'd bet we get checked out by DEC. Which is also fine by me. Keep all your ducks in a row. And remember, as a crew we will be somewhat representing the site and we all want to do that in a respectful manner.
Wouldn't a keg get all shaken up on a quad, troutaddict33? I've been cursed with an allergy to beer. My beverage of choice isn't the greatest for trying to walk on ice.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #75 on: Feb 09, 2010, 06:38 AM »
I can do March 6 or 7. If I show up, I am advised by my attorney not to mention my iceshanty.com username. might blow my cover in the Witness Protection Program. Just put the black bar over my face when you post the pic. of me holding my 15# laker.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Feb 09, 2010, 07:14 AM »
Wouldn't a keg get all shaken up on a quad, troutaddict33? I've been cursed with an allergy to beer. My beverage of choice isn't the greatest for trying to walk on ice.

Yeah i wouldn't do it, just foolin around

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #77 on: Feb 09, 2010, 11:29 AM »
Well...I was reminded by "The Old Man" that our annual game dinner at his restaurant is march 7th. I've helped him with that function since it's start. I'll have to pass on March 7th. Sorry.
 :-\

RG

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Feb 10, 2010, 09:14 AM »
Com on when's the party. Enough talk. Lets get a date goin.

Offline TimberKing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 10, 2010, 10:53 AM »
Prchslyr,    I see your getting a lot of help with all of this.
          Bottom line you need to pick a spot and dates.  I don't have a job so I'm free all winter long  ;D.

Would anyone know if the state keeps Rodger's Rock campground plowed? I have to run down to         Texas this coming week,when I get back I might take a ride over there for some fishing

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Feb 10, 2010, 12:16 PM »
OK then, pick a date guys. Then pick a spot to meet up the night before for thos eable to attend. I am going to bring my fish liar book so all can see some fish pictures, I hope all you guys have photo alnums to share. I am sure that a couple of cocktails and any other party favors you might have will be greatly appreciated. My kid is chomping at the bit to fish the big lake. Don't let me down. I will buy a drink for anyone that shows up with a book with fising photos. Promise
I called a pal that works with Frabill. I am really sure he will come up with a couple of give aways. He owes me anyway so rest assured that I will arrive bearing gifts for the Biggest, smallest fish and strangest incident that makes me bust up laughing on our day out. And don't forget Cocktail Hour with the Photo Albums.

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Feb 10, 2010, 02:51 PM »
If everyone sets for salmon we're bound to get ONE keeper  :D
I plan on setting at least 10 out for Salmon. That's what we are all about. Ever fished tip-downs for Lakers?? It's alot of fun

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Feb 10, 2010, 06:32 PM »
I'm sorry for the delay guys. March 7th it is. I believe we had already settled on Million Dollar Beach. We picked the beach because of the parking lot. We'll keep our date set in stone. But as for the spot. Let the ideas rip. Let's make it a group effort.
andycapp-That would be really cool if your Frabil buddy could pull through like that.
I was advised though that we will probably have more fun if we keep it simple. I can't say I disagree. If it's a layup for you, put a bug in his ear. I really don't have any connections like that but I will put forth an effort. Just to be safe I will say to not count on me to pull through with a giveaway.

Offline andycapp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Feb 10, 2010, 07:03 PM »
You are set for a giveaway. It should be a nice box of stuff heading my way

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Feb 10, 2010, 08:04 PM »
You are set for a giveaway. It should be a nice box of stuff heading my way

That will be awesome andycapp. Thanks to you and your buddy at Frabil.
We have more than 40 people interested. I had no idea this would generate so much interest. I thought we would be lucky to get 20 guys out there.
Do you guys want to settle on Million Dollar beach? Or should we give it a little more time before we make that decision?
As for a gathering pregame. If you guys want to meet up the night before, I may be game. I can't commit to that yet.
Once we have all the details of our actual gathering ironed out. Someone could start a thread for the gathering pregame. A gathering the night before may be more difficult to coordinate. You would need to make some sort of reservation before you walk into a restaurant or watering hole with 40 guys. Then you would have to count on everyone showing if you committed to a place. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just playing devils advocate.
Weather permitting. I will have my two boys out there (5 and 8). My brother will also have my niece there. 

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Feb 10, 2010, 09:49 PM »
prchslyr, i will try to come up with that dan fuller guy being he got me started on lake george.looking forward to finally meeting you & fishing with dan & his brother. walt

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Feb 11, 2010, 04:54 AM »
That would be great Walt. It seems we barely miss each other each time you make it up.

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:08 AM »
MDB sounds good, maybe I can talk my son into joining me(if the ladies let him off that day lol).
I kind of look forward to being on the lake again, and being later in the season always a good chance at a decent fish there. Will keep track of whats going on with this,IE: time and general direction heading out. Keep in mind some of us will be walking(no machines to use). Sounds like a great time for all.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:45 AM »
We'll give it another day for others to pipe in before we settle. I'll have my kids with me (5 and 8). I too am a walker. More often than not I drag my gear with them sitting on top of the pile. Regardless of where we set up we will make sure it's easy access for everyone. I'm sure Combsey won't mind doing a little hauling.

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Feb 11, 2010, 06:13 AM »
Yeah I'll be walking too. I won't be able to make the pre-game the nite b-4 tho. Where's everyone staying overnite anyways? I'll be at MDB bright and early tho.
EL CAPITANO !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.